• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help REQ: Help on Asus Transformer TF101 issues.

KingfishRex

Lurker
Nov 6, 2015
I just got an Asus Transformer EEEPad TF101 off eBay for cheap to replace the second one that my wife broke, but didn't remember to check the return policy, which was no-returns or exchanges. The item really should have been labeled "For Parts or Repair."

It came with two problems. 1) It will not connect to Windows 7 boxes view USB. Tried with two boxes and two cords, and 2) will only connect to my WiFi network when I disable WEP3 and leave it unsecured. I know the password is right because I copied and pasted it, checking for spaces at the end or before. When I enter the pw in the Android and hit connect, the dialog simply goes away, and I am left looking at the list of available networks. Did I say it doesn't connect? It doesn't connect.

Anybody have any ideas? My wife is disappointed that she still doesn't have a replacement tablet. Help. TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones