• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help. my TF101 won't boot past ASUS screen.

AlfaM03

Lurker
Mar 3, 2014
Hi guys! I've joined this forum solely for this and I hope you can help. To start, I have had my Transformer for almost 4 years now. I haven't tried to root or add some custom firmware on this. So everything is "stock" so to speak. Recently my Transformer just turned off and restarted. I thought this was the usual "random restart" the transformer does but this time it wont get past the Asus boot screen with the spinning circles. I kinda left it till it'll run out of battery hoping this was a one time thing but when I tried charging it back up again, it still won't get past the boot screen to the desktop. I've tried cold-booting and also doing the "recovery kernel" thing but no luck. I've read about hard and soft bricks around the internet. I also read about bricks usually having bootloops. It doesn't seem like my tab is bootlooping but I'm still kinda leaning to the possibility that my loved TF101 is bricked. :(( I haven't tried doing a whole factory reset because I still have some valuable files in my tab. Is there a way fix this thing or even just a way to recover my files before doing the factory reset? ANY HELP? :(( please explain some terms and steps as simply as you can. I'd really appreciate it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones