• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reserve your Note9 NOW!

Hey all, thanks for the responses. I reached out to Samsung, took them a little bit to understand what I was getting at. Of course, they issued a ticket. Well, it's all moot now. I got an email today saying my preorder was ready to roll. After some happy typing and clicking, My Note 9 should be here by August 26!!!! After my Note 8 trade in, $599. Already ordered a case from eBay, now I need to look at tempered glass.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Hi there!

Eleven posts since 2009???

In the Navy we called people like you SKATES

:D
Sorry, I only log on when a new phone comes out. Although, I have had a new android phone every 6 months since 2009 until Note 7, where I have had the Note 8 for a year now. I just don’t have to much to say. I’m really siked about the yellow S-pen though, yellow is my favorite color. Also, being able to take a selfie without getting carpal tunnel syndrome is really cool!

Upvote 0
You know, after all this griping from me about the lack of a black Note9, I'm surprising myself by warming up to the Ocean Blue one. I'll tell you why.

In the Note8 forum, we searched around for a really good GOLD S Pen to accent our black Note8s. We found one, and I like it a lot because (a) it provides good contrast, making it easier to see the S Pen when it's in the slot; and (b) it adds a serious touch of class to an otherwise boring-looking S Pen. So I'm already used to a different color S Pen. This would a genuine S Pen - a BLUETOOTH S Pen! and not a really good knock-off.

And since I have these two awesome silicone cases (one with blue trim, one with gold trim), I'm starting to think the Blue Note9 would look really freaking good in either one of them. Since most of the silicone is clear, the gold accents with the gold S Pen would provide the perfect color accent to the blue phone.

So I'm going to sleep on it tonight... and if I wake up still confident in the decision, I'll go ahead and pre-order it.

:)

Upvote 0
LOL! Sunshine yellow. Not gold. But you go for it. You have been drooling over the Note9 ever since you read the first rumor...right after you got your Note8. And you are not wrong about the contrast making it easier to see. Color is immaterial when finding the s-pen is what is important. Drop the black one under the table in a restaurant and see how easy it is to find!

Upvote 0
You know, after all this griping from me about the lack of a black Note9, I'm surprising myself by warming up to the Ocean Blue one. I'll tell you why.

In the Note8 forum, we searched around for a really good GOLD S Pen to accent our black Note8s. We found one, and I like it a lot because (a) it provides good contrast, making it easier to see the S Pen when it's in the slot; and (b) it adds a serious touch of class to an otherwise boring-looking S Pen. So I'm already used to a different color S Pen. This would a genuine S Pen - a BLUETOOTH S Pen! and not a really good knock-off.

And since I have these two awesome silicone cases (one with blue trim, one with gold trim), I'm starting to think the Blue Note9 would look really freaking good in either one of them. Since most of the silicone is clear, the gold accents with the gold S Pen would provide the perfect color accent to the blue phone.

So I'm going to sleep on it tonight... and if I wake up still confident in the decision, I'll go ahead and pre-order it.

Stop lying, you know that Go Navy got to you

Upvote 0
@kokiangel try having a black phone fall, face down, onto the black floor mats in your vehicle! There's a frantic "search and grab" you don't want to do while driving!

So here a picture of Jeanette sporting the case for her replacement. Is that some sort of emotional phone abuse or something?

:p

Note9GoldCase.jpg

So yeah, @Saporia... maybe it's a subliminal Navy thing with the Ocean Blue and Gold trim. And the YELLOW S Pen (albeit a nice yellow).

So I woke up this morning, still convinced that it will look good - and work REALLY well. And so I got it (and the dual wireless charger) on the Samsung Upgrade Program - which means I'm right up front for the Note10 next year... and I didn't have to choke my account for $1200! I did, however, mug it for the price of the Galaxy Watch. I'm open to giving it a try... and the people in this small town are still fascinated with my ability to pay with my phone - wait until they see me pay with my WATCH!

Upvote 0
Gotta name picked out for your 9 yet? (asking the important questions here.)

Why, yes.... as a matter of fact, I do!

Since I named my Galaxy Note 8 (G+N+8) Jeanette, it only follows that my Galaxy Note 9 (G+N+9) would be Jeanine. It even has a "nine" in there.

Reactions: TrueFangz
Upvote 0
This afternoon I got an email, welcoming me to Samsung Financing!

I normally like what we call "creative financing" - 100% down and no payments, ever... however, the idea that I could finance the Note9 at 0% interest and move up to the Note10 next year, using THEIR money and not mine, appeals to me. Apparently they're mailing me my "Welcome Kit", and I can set up automatic payments through my web account. Looks like we're closer to a ship date! I'll start looking for the FedEx truck this time next week!

Upvote 0
I haven't received the financing packet yet, but I see progress on the Samsung website!

I checked my orders and while I see the Galaxy Watch and the Note9 in "Preorder" status, the Dual Wireless Charger and the AKG Headphones are now "In Process"... since those are accessories and freebies, I can only imagine that the phone and watch will be released around the same time! I have the Note9 set to "expedited delivery" and the Watch to "Express". I'm still hoping for a FedEx notification on Monday for a Tuesday delivery!

Upvote 0
Got the tracking number, FedEx has it in Indianapolis and it will be in my hands tomorrow!

Signature required, so I'll have to stick around the house for most of the day... it may take most of the night to get ready! I'm backing up my microSD card before Jeanine shows up and I have 2,742 pictures and videos - just in the Camera folder!

:eek:

EDIT: It's in Nashville, just an hour away! Get it down here, FedEx!

EDIT 2: It's at the destination facility in Murfreesboro, halfway between me and Nashville - 30 minutes up the road!

EDIT: IT'S HERE! GOT THE BOX!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones