• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reset Chinese Android Tablet

Toptab

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
I bought two Chinese tablets for my kids for Christmas. One of them crashed whilst I was trying to solve a wifi connection problem and on restarting the password that my daughter had set did not work.

I know it's the correct password we are trying to enter because I set the password for my daughter, noted it down and had been using it myself.

I can think of 2 options but don't know how to do either:-

1. Find a way to do a hard factory reset using the buttons on the tablet - so far my combination attempts have been in vain. I've tried using different combinations I have seen for other tablets but the manual gives no instructions and I have found nothing on the Internet for this particular tablet.

2. Copy everything from the second tablet onto the 'bricked' tablet via a computer. I'm not a techie but would the correct term be 'flash'?

I've also noted that the second tablet is 'rooted', I don't know if the bricked one was and whether that's a good or bad thing for trying to fix this problem.

The vendor has not been helpful.

If anyone knows how I can do option one or can tell me if option two would work and how to do it I'd be very grateful. Any other ideas would also be appreciated.

Here are the details I have got for the tablet: -

7" tablet, black front with silve side and back, all plastic, round button middle right in landscape, camera middle left in landscape, green power led top left, power button left side in landscape, menu button top side on far left and volume controls next to it on the right, two speakers right side and power, headset, connector for silver plastic box that has USB and Ethernet connections, slot for what I think is an sd card, it has a 4gb internal sd card.

Model number: gs701b
Kernel aversion: 3.0.8 wineluo@Monio-Server #44
Build Number: eng.wineluo.20121107.145105.wineluo

The tablet crashed when I was trying to get the data above, it seems to be very unstable! I know I know, you get what you pay for but nothing lasts long with young kids anyway, trust me!

Thank you for any help and support you can give.

T

Upvote 0
Thank you and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Yes, the off brand is an issue but I'm hoping that since I have two I can somehow 'clone' the OS from the one that's working onto the one that isn't via my computer if no one is able to tell me how to hard reset.

If anyone knows if that can be done and how to do it I'd be very grateful for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones