• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Resetting LG Apex

brettly2

Lurker
May 17, 2011
Hi, I recently rooted my phone and cleared out a few of the apps that came preloaded on the phone. I deleted the text message app that came with the phone and also the app called messaging. I think it must have been one of these apps that is causing my problems. After I uninstalled these apps I can no longer receive text messages. I have been trying for many hours now to figure out how to do a recovery on my LG Apex that will bring back all of the preloaded apps like it just came out of the box. I am relatively new to this so if somebody can give me easy step by step instructions I would appreciate it. If at all possible if someone knows just how i can get the messenger app back that would be fine too but I figured it would be easiest to just reset the entire thing. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones