• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [RESOLVED] Htc one sv boost mobile ## programming keys not working

madnanh0501

Nov 18, 2013
FIRST OF ALL I HAVE VERY BASIC BEGINNERS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ROOTING/ BOOTLOADER ETC

It so happens that I purchased an HTC ONE SV boost Mobile phone from a person which I believe is rooted/ bootloader unlocked/ S-on
When i tried to activate the phone using boost customer service, i am unable to use Programming Keys ##_ _ _ _ _# (dont remember the exact numbers) It just does not pop up factory reset menu which therefore is not allowing me to activate the phone .
Anyone please suggest how to fix this. Help will be much appreciated!! Thx

try going to

settings-backup reset

yda5y7up.jpg
rasahyme.jpg

Upvote 0
I have tred those options but nothing seems to work. It seems like the rooting process has corrupted some of its apk files. Iguesd what am i looking for is to unroot and lock the boot loader. Some of the releava nt information to get to the right step by step guide, I did find one link whicj ( How to Unroot the HTC One SV - TheUnlockr TheUnlockr) tells you how to unroot and lock bootloader but the RUU file (for Sprint/ boost) is missing .exe file and so I am not sure how to process with it.
Boot loader says TAMPERED UNLOCKED
TWRP 2.6.3 is installed by prior user
K2_CL
RADIO 1.12.50.0516
S-ON

Appreciate a deep dive into it. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Too many typos ..lol.. Ignore my previous post...
here is the correct version of the post..

I have tried those options but nothing seems to work. It seems like the rooting process has corrupted some of its apk files. I guess what I am looking for is to unroot and lock the boot loader. I did find one link which ( How to Unroot the HTC One SV - TheUnlockr TheUnlockr) tells you how to unroot and lock bootloader but the RUU file (for Sprint/ boost) is missing .exe file and so I am not sure how to process with it.
Also TWRP installed does not have a stock backup available (to restore) as I do not see any backup files on internal ROM ( he may have taken backup on SD which he did not provide with the phone and I have no way to get to it if it was there)
Some of the relevant information to get to the right step by step guide:
Boot loader says TAMPERED UNLOCKED
TWRP 2.6.3 is installed by prior user
K2_CL
RADIO 1.12.50.0516
S-ON
Carrier: (BOOST MOBILE CDMA)

Appreciate a deep dive into it. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
really appreciate all your quick help

Fastboot.zip

download this fastboot zip to your computer.

unzip it

in the fastboot folder inside the zip is a HTC driver installer.

make sure you have debugging enabled on your phone and plugged into the computer

right click the HTC driver and run it as administrator.

once finished installing the drivers open up the fastboot folder and hold down SHIFT+ right click on an empty space inside choose 'open a command prompt here'

you will see a black screen

inside the black screen type exactly

adb devices [then press [enter]]

report back once all of this is done

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones