• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restoring Help - Using Astro, can't find apps after Factory Reset

Yakkity22

Lurker
Nov 16, 2009
I have been having issues with my Bionic and Verizon asked me to do yet another factory reset. I have done this previously and used Astro to backup my apps, but this time when I go to restore, the screen is totally empty. Does anyone know where these could have gone ? I am finding no Backup directory on my SD card at all and there seems to be quite a bit more data "missing" even though I did not select to format the card, just the internal memory. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I had recently moved all of my games and some other apps to my sd card and I am finding nothing on there at all. I had a problem a couple of months ago where I connected the Bionic to my laptop and it made a change where everything (music, pics, etc.) went from SD card to phone storage, all on it's own. Not sure if anyone else has run into this or if it has anything at all to do with this, but I'm hating this phone more each day.

Upvote 0
To expand upon this:

The Bionic has two storage locations. /sdcard actually mounts to the internal storage location, whereas /sdcard-ext mounts to your physical micro SDCard. In the Files app, they are called Internal storage and SD card respectively, making it a lot easier to figure out which is which - but Aster uses the actual path they are mounted to, hence the confusion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones