1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Restoring my G4 (Solved)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneMatt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    Atlanta, GA
    My old phone died of Bootloop and AT&T replaced it. Now comes the PITA of setting it up again. I haven't had to do this in a long time and I've run into a problem. My computer does not recognize the new phone. (It recognized my old phone, with no problems.) As I am using the same computer and cable, I figure that I've missed some setting on the new phone. I have set the phone to accept from other sources and I have turned on USB debugging. What am I forgetting?
    Thanks for any help given.

Advertisement

2. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    Atlanta, GA
    OK, Solved it myself. It was just one little setting. After plugging in the cable, swipe dsown on the and it says "Charge Phone- Tap for other options" . Yeah guess what I forgot to tap. I knew itr was something stupid, but It is easily overlooked. Just putting it out so no one else has to hunt for it.

bberryhill0 and El Presidente like this.
  3. SEinson

SEinson Newbie
    None

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Good to know as I too just got a replacement LG G4 from Sprint due to the Bootloop problem.

TKS for the tip

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.
Tags: