• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Resurrection-Remix 7.1.1 Unofficial (5.8.x)

I figure out the issue and is the magisk what causing crash like sonny and snapchat. SuperUS root doesn't have a problem and tested on lineage 14. On the other Hands. Validus ROM is very stable and bad news is that you can't install app from unknown source. Magisk work on Validus and LTE is very stable so Magisk doesn't cause crash on Validus.

Upvote 0
Under settings - security has unknown sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Most roms have this. Since this is thread is for RR I would start a new thread for other than RR. I tried RR and Lineage and never had problems as I mostly use my phone for more calling and texting then apps and use my tablet for every thing else. I like the header feature on Validus. I used to use RR 5.1 with Exposed. Since 7.1 I tried Magisk slowed my phone down and locked my phone. Got to go Fridge died last night, off to spend more money..:mad:. Have a good one.

Upvote 0
Under settings - security has unknown sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Most roms have this. Since this is thread is for RR I would start a new thread for other than RR. I tried RR and Lineage and never had problems as I mostly use my phone for more calling and texting then apps and use my tablet for every thing else. I like the header feature on Validus. I used to use RR 5.1 with Exposed. Since 7.1 I tried Magisk slowed my phone down and locked my phone. Got to go Fridge died last night, off to spend more money... Have a good one.
RR thread should be fine for LineageOS & Magisk references as RR is most heavily based on LineageOS anyways.

Upvote 0
Under settings - security has unknown sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Most roms have this. Since this is thread is for RR I would start a new thread for other than RR. I tried RR and Lineage and never had problems as I mostly use my phone for more calling and texting then apps and use my tablet for every thing else. I like the header feature on Validus. I used to use RR 5.1 with Exposed. Since 7.1 I tried Magisk slowed my phone down and locked my phone. Got to go Fridge died last night, off to spend more money..:mad:. Have a good one.
I know but is just the issue is the screen filter that doesn't let me install a app from unknown and test it on validus os but I start to like that ROM. I'm gonna wait for the fix.

Upvote 0
I know but is just the issue is the screen filter that doesn't let me install a app from unknown and test it on validus os but I start to like that ROM. I'm gonna wait for the fix.

Sorry, with the frig dying and my daughter having emergency surgery 12:00am this morning, she's ok. One hell of a weekend. I found this https://androidforums.com/threads/why-cant-i-click-install-with-apk.708801/. Not sure if it can help you. Seems some filters effect the 3rd party install. I guess I should put roms thru more testing when I use them. Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry, with the frig dying and my daughter having emergency surgery 12:00am this morning, she's ok. One hell of a weekend. I found this https://androidforums.com/threads/why-cant-i-click-install-with-apk.708801/. Not sure if it can help you. Seems some filters effect the 3rd party install. I guess I should put roms thru more testing when I use them. Thanks
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and good to hear she OK but anyway, I might try this when I get home since idk what up with the issue and it have to do with the app running. Idk which one it is but gonna check it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones