• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Return Captivate for 4G Inspire or Atrix?

Why would you want the infuse after all the mess with the galaxy S phones. I won't ever buy a Samsung

:) Thanks Andrea - as I read the forums there are no cell phone brands that go unscathed. The best I can hope for is that they learn lessons and move on. I briefly owned a Captivate Galaxy S (30 days) and had no major issues. I'm really unfamiliar with the issues you refer to but if you can share a link I'll investigate...

-Steve

Upvote 0
:) Thanks Andrea - as I read the forums there are no cell phone brands that go unscathed. The best I can hope for is that they learn lessons and move on. I briefly owned a Captivate Galaxy S (30 days) and had no major issues. I'm really unfamiliar with the issues you refer to but if you can share a link I'll investigate...

-Steve

I will look for one tomorrow but the issues were broken gps ,no updates, lag build up and slow down , screen burn in , and lastly crappy battery

Reactions: next_release
Upvote 0
as i looked at these three phones pre-launch, the following issues stood out to me (random order), strictly based on pre-release published specs:

1. inspire lacks front facing camera
2. atrix lacks 8mp camera (5mp)
3. inspire lacks 2100mhz UMTS band (it has 2100 GSM but not UMTS)
4. infuse has 1080p capture and hdmi out
5. infuse rumored to have bluetooth 3.0
6. infuse lacks stereo microphone and speaker (audio out is of course stereo)
7. infuse potentially vulnerable to slow or no manufacturer OS updates
8. inspire has best of UI overlays (Sense)
9. atrix lacks fm radio
10. inspire offers weakest battery 1230mh
11. inspire offers only 4gb internal memory
12. atrix offers the smallest screen size
13. atrix only uses one core for the phone
14. infuse screen rumored to be outstanding
15. infuse has slightly faster cpu

after launch, i had time with the inspire and it seems to be a great phone. i'm also a big HTC fan. i would not be unhappy with this phone. i saw the atrix today and am not impressed. i predict it will flop (docking not going to be popular).

i choose to wait for the infuse. as an earlier posted mentioned, i travel in europe and want the 2100 high-speed data band. i have used my HTC Fuze on this band and have extremely fast speeds. i also want the better of the front facing cameras and i think the software and policy will change to allow for video calling and/or skype in the near future. i accept that i could be on froyo for a long time, but without an nfc chip, i'm not sure what good gingerbread will get me. and i'm certainly not willing to wait for the galaxy S-II.

thoughts?

Upvote 0
as i looked at these three phones pre-launch, the following issues stood out to me (random order), strictly based on pre-release published specs:

1. inspire lacks front facing camera
2. atrix lacks 8mp camera (5mp)
3. inspire lacks 2100mhz UMTS band (it has 2100 GSM but not UMTS)
4. infuse has 1080p capture and hdmi out
5. infuse rumored to have bluetooth 3.0
6. infuse lacks stereo microphone and speaker (audio out is of course stereo)
7. infuse potentially vulnerable to slow or no manufacturer OS updates
8. inspire has best of UI overlays (Sense)
9. atrix lacks fm radio
10. inspire offers weakest battery 1230mh
11. inspire offers only 4gb internal memory
12. atrix offers the smallest screen size
13. atrix only uses one core for the phone
14. infuse screen rumored to be outstanding
15. infuse has slightly faster cpu

after launch, i had time with the inspire and it seems to be a great phone. i'm also a big HTC fan. i would not be unhappy with this phone. i saw the atrix today and am not impressed. i predict it will flop (docking not going to be popular).

i choose to wait for the infuse. as an earlier posted mentioned, i travel in europe and want the 2100 high-speed data band. i have used my HTC Fuze on this band and have extremely fast speeds. i also want the better of the front facing cameras and i think the software and policy will change to allow for video calling and/or skype in the near future. i accept that i could be on froyo for a long time, but without an nfc chip, i'm not sure what good gingerbread will get me. and i'm certainly not willing to wait for the galaxy S-II.

thoughts?

it seems your mind is made up, as i have said earlier I agree the atrix will be a flop and I will not patronize samsung again they have burned that bridge. The inspire is a great phone with excellent quality, support, software and UI. Its the best phone on AT&T

Upvote 0
Why would you want the infuse after all the mess with the galaxy S phones. I won't ever buy a Samsung.

I will not patronize samsung again they have burned that bridge.
any chance you could elaborate on these complaints? i left samsung a happy customer after blackjack I & II and am not aware of any issues with them. i can understand the emotion of being dissatisfied (for example i feel the same way about windows mobile) but i would appreciate some specific technological arguments for staying away from samsung.

Upvote 0
any chance you could elaborate on these complaints? i left samsung a happy customer after blackjack I & II and am not aware of any issues with them. i can understand the emotion of being dissatisfied (for example i feel the same way about windows mobile) but i would appreciate some specific technological arguments for staying away from samsung.

broken gps, screen burn in, laggy, restarts randomly, stil is stuck on 2.1 eclair with no support from samsung and internal memos found that they didnt want to update the current crop of phones so they could sell the new ones. These are just a few if you read the captivate forums you can see that if you dont root and rom that POS its worthless

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones