• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Return Your Xoom to Stock.

Ok I went through all the settings on the Xoom, superuser, Device Control "Baked settings", and couldn't locate the usb debugging setting in the Baked UI.
I did go ahead and install the motorola software on the Win 7 machine and ran the software again, with the exact same results, same message on the cmd prompt.

Upvote 0
with your xoom pluged in go to device manager in windows and look for our xoom to see if there is a yellow triangle in front of it? To go to device manager click on the start circle and type device manager in search and you should see come up. If there is a triangle delete the drivers unplug your xoom and reboot your pc if there is no triangle we will flash the software using fastboot which is easy.

Should have asked you first, are you using a motorola usb cable to connect your xoom to the pc? Non motorola cables can cause issues.

Upvote 0
here is how to fastboot the images. You already have everything set up.

go to the folder c:/xoom
go to the top left corner and click the folder icon the bar next to it should turn blue
type cmd and hit enter
a command prop should show up
type fastboot and a list of commands comes up if not post back here
with your xoom off hold volume down and power button until you see fastboot across the top
then plug your xoom into your pc
wait a minute for the drivers to install
the type each fastboot command in the command prompt one at a time waiting for each to finish before typing the next. you can copy and past each one if you want.

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem lock

when this is done use your volume rocker to select ok and your done.

Upvote 0
OutOfPhase..Thank-You for your expertise and help. Sometime ago I too had to play with rooting a tablet. Since that WHIM has subsided, I figured it was time to return to normal. I wasn't sure which way to turn (rooted too long ago).

Your files and instructions were spot on. Xoom MZ602 VZW 4g. I used your Xoom 4G zip file, included 11 files.

Process ran quicker than I expected. Once completed, I walked through setup wizard, and within 5-10 min, got my first update, about 5 min later got my next update, 5 min later ICS 4.0 IMM76L started downloading. ( which took longer than your un-root procedure).

About 30 min later, the current Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (JZ054M) installed, and I am up to date.

Good Work.
Thanks !

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
If you hit yes after it asks you to install moto drivers with moto helper it should run the install program for the drivers. Then reboot your PC and run the program again saying that you have the drivers installed this time.

If that is not working you can download moto helper here, run it with your Xoom plugged in, reboot your PC and run my script again answering yes that the drivers are installed.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

Reactions: coro1937
Upvote 0
I have a xoom mz604 with eos3 stable, after installing a corrupt apk (never again) my zoom went crazy, showing the unfortunately app is not working message time and time again. Then, after power on again, it stuck on the eos logo until now. I tried to reinstall the eos3 rom .zip file and gapps from the sdcard (in recovery mode) but still the same problem.

my mz604 is build number H.6.6-27, firmware gas-asia.

please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones