1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips Review of ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2 w/pics!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twister6, Apr 20, 2013.

1. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

It's a standalone product, not a bundle. Although I think it would have been a good idea to offer it as a bundle too for additional discount if you buy both. But in all my communication with ZL, rugged case will sold separately.

Advertisement

2. alexb123a

alexb123a Newbie

From all of your review this battery seems awesome :)

However, does anyone know is there a case available for it? Not a cheap plastic cover one, a proper leather type one.

Any ideas?

3. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Zerolemon is working on a rugged case due for release by the end of this month. That one can be used with either standard slim battery, or double extended battery, or triple ZL battery. I don't have details yet, but since it's "rugged" that will not be a "proper leather" for sure. Surprisingly nobody looked into making one. I guess ZL was late to the game with a release of the battery and a lot of the companies probably think by the time a new case is designed and ready for mass production - N3 going to be released ;)

4. alexb123a

alexb123a Newbie

Great news :) Thanks for the info

5. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

Now the rugged case is for the end of July? Feh. That's what I've been waiting for; I've been holding off on the battery until they had a better case.

6. wcraft71

wcraft71 Newbie

Just curious if you had heard anything more on the expected release date of the hard case Twister.

7. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Unfortunately the date got pushed again :( They are working on S4 and N2 rugged cases simultaneously, and finally done with a mold and final selection of the material. From what I understand, it should be available by the end of August. Yeah, I know, very frustrating...

8. Munky78

Munky78 Newbie

Where should we keep an eye on for the first notification of it/details?

9. RobF353

RobF353 Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread and I need this battery!

I found it in Amazon:
    [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, T-Mobile Galaxy Note II SG

I'm confused on one thing though. Do I use my charger that came with my Note 2 with this battery or do I need to buy a separate charger?

Is there any news on the rugged case? I'm not sure if I should order this now or wait for the rugged case.

10. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

You can charge it while its in your phone, like the existing battery.. by plugging your existing charger into the phone

11. Munky78

Munky78 Newbie

I've found it takes about 12-13 hours to charge from 2% using an iPad charger. Best time on battery I've gotten is 4 1/2 days. Best damn $45 I've spent in a while! Now if they'd just hurry up with the rugged case!

12. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

According to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/zerolemon

13. RobF353

Just ordered mine!

14. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Postponed (rugged case) again until September :( ZL decided to wait for Note 3 announcement due first week of September to find out if N2 case will be universal with N3. Beyond ridiculous...

15. RobF353

Good thing I didn't wait to order mine. I'm on my way home from vacation. The battery should be there when I get home.

When I put it on my phone, should I charge it right away or drain the remaining juice from it?

16. RobF353

Just got home and the battery is here!

I am going to wait until later tonight to put it in the phone and charge it for 12hrs.

I can't wait to see the performance of this battery!

17. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you charge it or drain it. ZL recommends charging it up, and give it a few more extra hours since obviously it's not calibrated and N2 might report 100% while its still getting there. Just keep in mind it will need a few cycles before its calibrated, and even then don't rely 100% on indicator. One thing I can tell you for sure - whatever battery life you've been getting up to this point will be TRIPLED!!!

18. RobF353

I put the battery in my phone when my stock battery died today. It had 60% when I put it in. It's been a few hours and it only went down to 55%, just a taste of things to come!

Twister, do you know of any car mounts that work with this TPU case? I have an iOttie mount but it's not currently in my possession so I can't try it out. Does either the iOttie or the Arkon mount work?

19. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I couldn't wait to get mine and now I barely use it. Sure the battery life was great but charging it became a pain.

thebat1 likes this.
  20. RobF353

I don't understand what you mean here.

How is charging it a pain?

21. RobAGD

RobAGD Well-Known Member

I think its the time it takes to charge, you are going to triple your charging time ( you are basically hooking up 3 stock batteries ).

-Robert

22. RobF353

I'm still on my first charge, at 22%.

Where in the settings do I find my screen on time?

Do I go to settings, battery, then click screen?

23. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

Seriously!? I guess I'm definitely going to be fixing up an Otterbox for this, then.

24. wcraft71

wcraft71 Newbie

Looking at the Zerolemon site the Rugged case to fit the 9300 mah battery is supoosed to be at their Amazon retailer today so hopefully it will be on sale in the next few days.

25. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Supposed to be for sale this Monday (after multiple delays due to belt clip fitment and buit-in screen protector). In general, it will be almost like Defender mod in my original review, but this one is officially built with a removable backplate to fit regular battery, extended, and ZL9300. As soon as I have it in my hands, expect a detailed review.