• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories REVIEW: Seidio 3500 (Pictures)

Dustin-

I haven't ordered that battery yet, I recently rooted and with the undervolted kernal I am getting insane battery life out of my 1750 battery , I may not even order .
I'm sitting at 71% with up time of 17hrs and awake time of 4hrs

If something changes I'll let you know

ChiTownJim,

How much did you undervolt it by? Does undervolting also underclock? If not, have you underclocked or know what clockspeed the CPU is now running at?

How did you apply the kernal after root? I may have to try this.

Upvote 0
ChiTownJim,

How much did you undervolt it by? Does undervolting also underclock? If not, have you underclocked or know what clockspeed the CPU is now running at?

How did you apply the kernal after root? I may have to try this.

Its actually overclocked to 1.13mhz runs so nice. Its a hydra kernal i installed after root, very easy just did a backup installed the kernal to the root of the sd card. Restarted phone to the boot screen and applied the kernal.

Upvote 0
Its actually overclocked to 1.13mhz runs so nice. Its a hydra kernal i installed after root, very easy just did a backup installed the kernal to the root of the sd card. Restarted phone to the boot screen and applied the kernal.

So it's undervolted but overclocked? Interesting!

After 17 hours of up time, you were at 71% ?

See, I'd like to do this but am worried that, if I want to apply the OTA update (when it's officially out), that I'll have more work / steps to do to apply the update.

Not sure. I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why you are only getting 30-50 hours out of this battery. I have had mine for 2 weeks now and have only had to charge it twice. I reboot the phone every time I take it off the charger so I can get a fresh uptime/awake time meter.

Currently I am sitting at roughly 30%
Up Time: 109:54:22
Awake Time: 37:23:40

This is with all options toggled on.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why you are only getting 30-50 hours out of this battery. I have had mine for 2 weeks now and have only had to charge it twice. I reboot the phone every time I take it off the charger so I can get a fresh uptime/awake time meter.

Wow, that's unreal!

But I bet you're one of those lucky bastards that gets at least a full day with the stock 1300 mAh battery, right?

Well, my guess it that we are getting the same RELATIVE life out of the battery. Meaning, if the 3500 lasts me twice as long as the 2150, it probably is at least as good as that for you, regardless of actual up/awake times.

I really think there's something wrong with my phone. I can't get more than 5 hours UP time with the stock 1300 and doing virtually nothing. I don't think it's an app, either.

Upvote 0
I really think there's something wrong with my phone. I can't get more than 5 hours UP time with the stock 1300 and doing virtually nothing. I don't think it's an app, either.
Restart the phone and after a while, like 30 minutes, go to menu->settings-> battery, click once and look at your uptime vs. awake time. If they are the same then you have an app problem, sync problem or phone problem. If your uptime is like 30 minutes and awake time 2 minutes then you might have a battery or phone problem if it still dies after 5 hours. Keep an eye on that throughout the day and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Holy Crap!!
What kind of usage did this 4.5day charge see, any navigation or music streaming . I know those are the biggest hogs of power

Upvote 0
Holy Crap!!
What kind of usage did this 4.5day charge see, any navigation or music streaming . I know those are the biggest hogs of power

I uploaded some videos to youtube. Took a couple of pictures, uploaded those to picaso.

Listened to iheartradio and pandora for about 1-2 hours during my classes/project time at college. I have 4 classes a week plus going to and from and streaming to my radio for a half hour each way.

I used the GPS system to avoid traffic on my way home for two of the classes, that was about an hour and a half.

Web browsing, texting, note taking, and facebook were the other activities. As well as a game or two though all those together would probably account for maybe 2-3 hours total.

I had a hell of a time draining the battery after the first charge til the phone shut off. I noticed the battery meter is horribly wrong in this, because it said after 4 hours use that I was at 9% battery. However the phone didn't shut off for emergency power for another 60+ hours after that warning.

After the first initial drain this seemed to fix for the most part. It still isn't totally accurate but far more than it was.

Reactions: ChiTownJim
Upvote 0
I uploaded some videos to youtube. Took a couple of pictures, uploaded those to picaso.

Listened to iheartradio and pandora for about 1-2 hours during my classes/project time at college. I have 4 classes a week plus going to and from and streaming to my radio for a half hour each way.

I used the GPS system to avoid traffic on my way home for two of the classes, that was about an hour and a half.

Web browsing, texting, note taking, and facebook were the other activities. As well as a game or two though all those together would probably account for maybe 2-3 hours total.

I had a hell of a time draining the battery after the first charge til the phone shut off. I noticed the battery meter is horribly wrong in this, because it said after 4 hours use that I was at 9% battery. However the phone didn't shut off for emergency power for another 60+ hours after that warning.

Thanks that's fantastic and this battery is only $10 more then the Verizon 2150 , I actually saw it on Amazon for $49

Upvote 0
Restart the phone and after a while, like 30 minutes, go to menu->settings-> battery, click once and look at your uptime vs. awake time. If they are the same then you have an app problem, sync problem or phone problem. If your uptime is like 30 minutes and awake time 2 minutes then you might have a battery or phone problem if it still dies after 5 hours. Keep an eye on that throughout the day and see what happens.

I've tried that!

I am roughly getting a 0.4 to 0.6 Up/Awake ratio, so it's not really skewed to raise suspicion.

I'm just not getting the battery life that some people are getting. There are people getting at least a day of moderate use with the stock 1300. I almost don't believe it; too much variation among different units of the DI which upsets me even more about HTC/VZW QC.

Upvote 0
I've tried that!

I am roughly getting a 0.4 to 0.6 Up/Awake ratio, so it's not really skewed to raise suspicion.

I'm just not getting the battery life that some people are getting. There are people getting at least a day of moderate use with the stock 1300. I almost don't believe it; too much variation among different units of the DI which upsets me even more about HTC/VZW QC.
That's kind of high. I have moderate use, a little toward the light side, and my uptime is usually around 15 hours / day with awake maybe only 1 hour or so. I'll plug in with perhaps 50% left but I wouldn't say that would give me twice the time. I think the bottom half drops quicker than the top 50%. So if your awake time is 1/2 of the uptime then I would suspect 12 hours is all you'll get.

Upvote 0
Bearly: in your initial post you have a pic of a 2600 flat back cover for the Incredible you say that the 3500 battery WILL fit into, correct? I'm liking that a lot better than the cover that comes with the 3500 - can you post a link to where you got that? Preferably just the back, if possible..

TIA

Where I got what, the 2600 and the flat back?

I got it off eBay. Look for extended battery for the Incredible and you should find them.

Also, newer "flat backs" have a speaker grill. Mine does not.

Upvote 0
Bearly: in your initial post you have a pic of a 2600 flat back cover for the Incredible you say that the 3500 battery WILL fit into, correct? I'm liking that a lot better than the cover that comes with the 3500 - can you post a link to where you got that? Preferably just the back, if possible..

TIA

It's only $12 shipped for the battery and back or $22 with 2 batteries, back and external charger . If you like that back for your 3500 I'd just buy it with the battery as well, nice to have a spare even with the beast of a 3500 battery lol

Upvote 0
It's only $12 shipped for the battery and back or $22 with 2 batteries, back and external charger . If you like that back for your 3500 I'd just buy it with the battery as well, nice to have a spare even with the beast of a 3500 battery lol

2600MAH EXTENDED BATTERY COVER FOR HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250669240800 end time Aug-18-10 11:37:57 PDT)

so you guys are talking about something like that? i've never bought an extended battery other than from Seidio... anyone with experience with one of these? Price is good. If it's really 2600mAh it should last me thru the day. And I'm diggin that flat back cover

Upvote 0
2600MAH EXTENDED BATTERY COVER FOR HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250669240800 end time Aug-18-10 11:37:57 PDT)

so you guys are talking about something like that? i've never bought an extended battery other than from Seidio... anyone with experience with one of these? Price is good. If it's really 2600mAh it should last me thru the day. And I'm diggin that flat back cover

I have this exact same thing but when I recieved my package (took just under 2weeks) the battery was labled 3000mah. So far I'm two days in and it's great blows away my 2150 I've also got and it's not even broken in yet

This is my 2nd charge and I"m at
8:30 up
2:00 awake
and I'm at 82% battery, everything on GPS, WiFi (on but never connected), Bletooth (over an hour of using bluetooth audio) , screen 100% brightness. I also charged the battery in my phone and did not bump charge it today (didn't have time)

I would definetly reccomend these , plus if you get the 2back you have a fantastic back up and it comes with an external charger

Reactions: jayhawkfan18
Upvote 0
I've gotta agree with you on this one.

All I know is I've used a lot of dirrent batteries in my Eris and Incredible

Fake TP2
Stock
TP2
Seidio 1750
VZW 2150

Soon I'll have a 2600 and debating on getting the 3500 Seidio Amazon has them for $49.99 .

I know forsure that my 1750 got slightly better battery life then my TP2 , not much but definetly better and for $24 worth it over the $16 I spent on my TP2 . The Fakes were awful most likely 1000mah batteries, the VZW is a fantastic battery. Cant wait to try out the 2600 and 3500 batteries as well as they have been raved about by others

Holy crap, how much money have you spent on just batteries?! You must have a lot of disposable income!

Upvote 0
Holy crap, how much money have you spent on just batteries?! You must have a lot of disposable income!

Really haven't spent that much

Stock batteries - Included $0
2 Fake TP2 w/Charger $12
1 2600 Ebay (reads 3000) $13
1 Used Seidio 1750 $20
1 Real TP2 Battery $0 (Friend at Sprint gave to me)
1 2150 Battery $40-$50 cant remember (Putting up for sale for $40)

So after I sell I would have only spent $45-$55 , and I have multiple spares , backs, and chargers .. Not too shabby :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I guess I lucked out. The 3500 appears to last as advertised. The stock battery is a joke and so was the 2600 I bought, after just a few days of use.

Based at least on my 3500, I disagree and would be very critical, if a $60 battery did not last as advertised ;)

Well I'm glad it worked out for you. Just giving a heads up to people who work hard for their money like myself because I've already been scammed by the 1750 which tested just above 1500 scientifically by 2 sources and non scientifically by many including myself.

Wish I was warned before I bought it. I was by batterboss but i dismissed him as a disgruntled techie. Turned out he was right.

Upvote 0
Well I'm glad it worked out for you. Just giving a heads up to people who work hard for their money like myself because I've already been scammed by the 1750 which tested just above 1500 scientifically by 2 sources and non scientifically by many including myself.

Wish I was warned before I bought it. I was by batterboss but i dismissed him as a disgruntled techie. Turned out he was right.

3500 appears to be better than 2X of my 1750, but the 1750 seemed good for me, mainly because my stock battery was junk. Everything is relative ;)

No doubt that a proven 1500 mah battery for $15 is a better option than $41 for the 1750. Seems also a better deal than the 2600's being sold too, since they appear to have a very short retention of charge, after just a few days. Must be using some real stanky cells in them to get the price so cheap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones