• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

right firmware for my tablet

elios115

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
hello everybody,
i am just a newbie in this so hope you ll understand my dumbness in this:)
hope u can help me.
2 days ago i bought a china android tablet with the following specs:

System Google Android 4.0
CPU RK2918 ARM Cortex-A8 FRQ 1.5GB
GPU Mali-400 MP
Memory 1GB DDR3
Storage 16GB NAND Flash
External Storage Support 32GB Micro TF Card

Display Screen Size 9.7"
Resolution 1024x768
Propotion 4:3
Touch Screen 10 points Capacitive Touch Screen
Language Abrabic, English, Chinese,French,23 languages,etc.

Battery Recharge Type Adapter or USB Cable
Battery Type Rechargeable Lithium Battery
Capacity 7600mAh
Using Time 5 hours video, 7 days standby, according to the using condition

Network WiFi Support 802.11 b/g/n
3G Support USB 3G Modem
External RJ45 Support

I/O Audio 3.5 mm standard OMTP
Video HDMI 1.4 support 2160P HD
USB Micro USB
OTG USB2.0 (Micro),Support external hard disk,digital camera,keyboard and mouse,pirnter,etc.
HOST HOST2.0 Support USB,external harddisk,3G dongle.
Charger Type 110V-220V Input,5V,DC 2.5A Output
Camera Front camera 0.3 Megapixel,back camera 2 Megapixel
Mic Inside
Speaker Inside

Function Video Support most video type,HDMI 1.4 support 2160P (resolution 3840*2160) HD TV Output,3D Video play,HD recording
Audio 3.5 mm OMTP MP3,OGG,AAC,etc,LRC lyrics sychronizing,Photo Album,Stereo speaker
Business Support WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PDF, TXT office software,Arabic keyboard,skype,QQ, MSN,SKYPE,G-talk,fring,yahoo,gmail,hotmail
Game Flash 11.0
GPS Support
Sensors Accelerometer
Others Support Android system upgrading

while trying to upgrade from android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 using livesuit, the tab stopped respnding.
i was told i need i new firmware .img file to reflash to my tab
can anybody guide me to a compatible firmware android4.0.4 image file for the specs of my tablet??
hope somebody will help me.

Hi elios115 welcome to Android Forums. Bad news I think though.

2 days ago i bought a china android tablet with the following specs:

You probably wish you didn't. BTW I'm in China.

while trying to upgrade from android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 using livesuit, the tab stopped respnding.
i was told i need i new firmware .img file to reflash to my tab
can anybody guide me to a compatible firmware android4.0.4 image file for the specs of my tablet??
hope somebody will help me.

Sounds very much like your device is bricked. Problem is the .IMG software file has to come from the actual manufacturer of the tablet. Don't suppose there's any brand names or model numbers on your device or documentation, probably not.

Thing is there's now like hundreds/thousands of different Chinese ICS 4.0 tablets out there, from many anonymous Shenzhen tech manufacturers and trading companies.

Suggest you send it back where it came from, say it doesn't work or it's broken, get a refund or replacement.

BTW a couple of months ago we bricked a cheapo no-brand MP4 player, because the flashing software was buggy and crashed. Sent it back to where it came from and got another one.

Upvote 0
thank you for your reply.
in fact, the manufacturer gave me a link to the image file.
here s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exipit0y32u529i/update-20120516.img

but everytime i try to flash with livesuit i get an error msg: "image file invalid"

if i try to flash any other image, it flashes with no problem but it wont be compatible with my tab(wifi not working, camera not opening)...

anybody knows what might cause the "image file invalid" error?

Upvote 0
thank you for your reply.
in fact, the manufacturer gave me a link to the image file.
here s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exipit0y32u529i/update-20120516.img

but everytime i try to flash with livesuit i get an error msg: "image file invalid"

if i try to flash any other image, it flashes with no problem but it wont be compatible with my tab(wifi not working, camera not opening)...

anybody knows what might cause the "image file invalid" error?

Ignore my post. You mean firmware image file not pictures. I must learn how to follow along.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones