1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Ring tones issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SliderGlider, Jul 21, 2010.

1. SliderGlider

SliderGlider New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I'm a newbie and am using LauncherPro (which is awesome!) and for a while, whenever I'd want to set a certain ring tone or notification sound, I was given the option to either proceed choosing the tone through a little pop-up menu that gave me these two options:

1. HTC Music something or other (can't remember the exact name) or
    2. Through the stock tones
    This disappeared on me recently and I have no idea why. I'm continuously upgrading my apps, and perhaps that's it?

It's a pain having to go directly to a ring tone app and THEN assigning tones to things:mad:, instead of through my settings and having the convenience to choose what to select my sound through, whether it's a ring tone app, music on my phone or the stock tones. Any suggestions?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. azav8ter

azav8ter Member

Jun 27, 2010
    ChemE
    Arizona
    At the bottom of that pop up box is a check box that makes your selection the default. If you check that box, the pop up will not display any more. Could you have hit that box during a use sometime and selected a default?

3. SliderGlider

SliderGlider New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Thanks azav8ter! That's probably what happened. I also found two apps that solve that issue: Tone Picker and Rings Extended.