1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Roaming Counter

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by iamroddo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. iamroddo

iamroddo Lurker

I'm a user a user of Vodafone in the Netherlands. I'm able to data roam on other Vodafone networks in certain other countries for a fixed price per day for a quota. Basically for 2 euros per day I get 35MB. If I go over this quota the per MB charge is really high, over a euro. I can live with the charge for the quota and would use it when I travel but I'd like to find a method to warn me when I'm nearing the quota. I use 3G Watchdog with which I watch my monthly quota. I can make the quota monitoring period one day but the I lose the monthly monitoring. Does anyone have an app for me?

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I use 3G Watchdog Pro.
    Each monitoring is separated in Abo, Day, Week and Month.
    And has the choice Local/Roaming.

Harry

3. iamroddo

iamroddo Lurker

Harry, thanks for the recommendation. Does 3G Watchdog Pro allow you to have a seperate local monthly quota and a daily roaming one?

4. Harry2

Abo quota (you can set to local monthly).
    Monitoring only the daily local or roaming. But you can see 31 days of history.

Harry

5. iamroddo

iamroddo Lurker

Monitoring alone doesn't meet my requirements. I want active quota management. I want to be warned when I come close to roaming quota breach and roaming (or data) disabled when I reach quota. To be useful to me this has to be seperate from local quota management.

6. Harry2

At the first look I thought there are separate qouata.
    But it's only for Abo (=Plan).

Maybe you can use 3G free and 3G Pro :)

Harry