1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Roaming Grayed out galaxy s6 edge

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by jimmywayne23, Feb 8, 2016.

1. jimmywayne23

jimmywayne23 Lurker

so i have my galaxy s6 edge from verizon with a mexican carrier (iusacell which is now at&t since they bought it) i connect to at&t service but i have no data, and roaming is grayed out, cant seem to enable i already selected the option allow access for all trips and still no luck.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

1st problem is Verizon phones are CDMA and AT&T phone towers are GSM, so if where you are does not have a CMDA tower that partners with Verizon, you will not be able to send/receive SMS or get voice calls.

Data still works providing there is an LTE band signal available to you.

I read about chatsim.com/en just now, and did not know anything about it, having zero need for it myself.

What I don't see mentioned is, will it work with skype to allow you to access a Real World telephone number? messaging services, like what ChatSim just mentioned will not provide you with voice calls unless that is handled somehow....

as I said, I know zero about that service.

I have direct experience with if where you are does not have a CMDA tower that partners with Verizon, you will not be able to send/receive SMS or get voice calls.

There is a town called Winston, MO, USA and AT&T is the only game in town. it is a barren desert for Verizon for some reason. I was there for 24 hours to attend a funeral, and never once was I able to make a phone call or send out a SMS message... I had to use WiFi to access the internet and from there, I accessed Verizon's Texting service to send out a message to all that I cannot make/take phone calls or messages until I leave that town.

#2 AZgl1500, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016