• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rogers HTC Dream Multitouch?

Ph0X

Lurker
Jun 26, 2009
I was just wonder, Am I the only one who noticed that the Rogers Android Cupcake version didn't have Multitouch enabled?

I read alot everywhere about the custom Android build, and everyone instantly noticed the missing onscreen keyboard, the couple extra rogers apps and the other apps that came with it (pdf reader, office, etc). They also all noticed the ActiveSync, but I've yet to see someone talk about the missing multitouch?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being stupid here and not seeing it, but I'm pretty sure Cupcake was supposed to enable multitouch? Or did they finally decide not to because of Apple? Is it like only in JF's version or something?

I looked around for hours and didn't find a single word about it.

From what I'm told, they are kind of waiting to get this out. You can get multitouch working (I have my browser using multitouch). Apple had a patent which scared many companies (Google and HP alike) but Apple lost their lawsuit against Palm (read here) so you never know what Hero build or Donut will give us.

The Hero build right now does not have it. The only thing I've seen is the browser but there may be others, I just haven't looked. Google "apple palm multi touch" and you can get a bunch of news articles abou this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones