• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][4.2.2][JDQ39][03/06/2013] CM10.1 for SPH-D710VMUB

I came from an OV also. Even though it is a low spec phone I rather enjoyed it very much. I loved CM7.2 on it. This S2 is way better in every department but I do kinda miss the way my OV fit in my hand. I still carry it with me even though it doesn't have service.
Now as far as the S2 goes I haven't rooted or ROMed it yet. I want to get to know it before I go ahead and flash this ROM. That way I can see the differences. Its been about 4 days now since I got it as a gift from the wife. I think tomorrow I will give a go at root and flash this ROM. This phone is nice stock but I miss CM!!:D

Upvote 0
I came from an OV also. Even though it is a low spec phone I rather enjoyed it very much. I loved CM7.2 on it. This S2 is way better in every department but I do kinda miss the way my OV fit in my hand. I still carry it with me even though it doesn't have service.
Now as far as the S2 goes I haven't rooted or ROMed it yet. I want to get to know it before I go ahead and flash this ROM. That way I can see the differences. Its been about 4 days now since I got it as a gift from the wife. I think tomorrow I will give a go at root and flash this ROM. This phone is nice stock but I miss CM!!:D

Yeah my OV was perfect, but it was not enough space. Cm7 ran great my whole family had it. Me and my wife have S2 and my son has the MT. This phone is great lots of storage with my 16gb card. Go ahead and put FL14 jb on it, I did havent had mine 2 weeks. Amazing, Samsung is great. Have fun with it.

Upvote 0
Sounds like this ROM is the best for the VM S2 right now. I will install it tomorrow.
What's the best way to root it. I like the way it was on the OV, I didn't even need my pc for anything. Root, install recovery, create 2nd partition on sd card from recovery,make backup, flash ROM, kernel, and gapps, reboot, install link2sd, tweak settings.... all without a pc.
I've only been reading the S2 forums for a couple days but if I understand correctly, in order to root I need to flash a rooted kernel :thinking:
I'm going to double check before I do anything...

Upvote 0
Sounds like this ROM is the best for the VM S2 right now. I will install it tomorrow.
What's the best way to root it. I like the way it was on the OV, I didn't even need my pc for anything. Root, install recovery, create 2nd partition on sd card from recovery,make backup, flash ROM, kernel, and gapps, reboot, install link2sd, tweak settings.... all without a pc.
I've only been reading the S2 forums for a couple days but if I understand correctly, in order to root I need to flash a rooted kernel :thinking:
I'm going to double check before I do anything...

I found this as being the easiest way to root.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
After that you can install mobile Odin.. Which can basically flash everything.. Recovery and rom.. You don't even need a computer to do any of this.
This rom is 10 times better than stock..

Reactions: pdrift
Upvote 0
I used this ROM for a bit, but ended up going back to the jellybean leak. Not sure why but my quadrant scores are about a 1000 points higher on the jellybean leaked ROM.

Quadrant scores are only good for "I got this as a quandrant score" bragging ;)
I go by if the ROM "feels" right during real world usage and for me, this is the one I chose. To each his own I guess, but I've used roms that had high quandrant scores that I felt were laggy during normal day to day usage.

Upvote 0
Quadrant scores are only good for "I got this as a quandrant score" bragging ;)
I go by if the ROM "feels" right during real world usage and for me, this is the one I chose. To each his own I guess, but I've used roms that had high quandrant scores that I felt were laggy during normal day to day usage.

Exactly. I remember on my Optimus V I used to get higher quadrant scores than my friends Galaxy S but there was no comparison in how much smoother his phone ran than mine.

Upvote 0
i installed framaroot and it seems like it successfully rooted my s2. whenever i try to use mobile odin it tells me that it isnt compatible with my device. wonder what im doing wrong.
it asks for root permission that i grant it then i get the error...

i guess i will borrow my daughters laptop (i dont run windows on my pc) and try with odin.

Upvote 0
i installed framaroot and it seems like it successfully rooted my s2. whenever i try to use mobile odin it tells me that it isnt compatible with my device. wonder what im doing wrong.

i guess i will borrow my daughters laptop (i dont run windows on my pc) and try with odin.

I've answered this question about five times in the past few weeks ;)
To get Mobile Odin to recognize our phones (until the next update that is) you must edit the model number in the build.prop
You must change the model number line from SPH-D710VMUB to SPH-D710 and reboot. Mobile Odin will then recognize the phone as a supported device. :D

Upvote 0

Current version mobile Odin doesn't work with this device unless you modify your build.prop and drop the "vmub" from the model # field.

Upvote 0
well im lost now...... these are the steps i have done:

i downloaded and installed framaroot

next i ran framaroot and rooted my device

then i installed mobile odin and tried to run it, but i got incompatible device warning

next i modified build.prop to trick mobile odin but it still didn't work

then rebooted and my phone got stuck at the galaxy s2 screen

then i used agats oneclick to flash tfl03 recovery.exe

now im stuck at the galaxy s2 screen with a yellow triangle.

i cant figure out how to use odin. i was having driver issues and odin wouldn't see my phone so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it. Now odin sees my phone but i cant figure out what to do...

what exactly do i need to do to get my phone to boot?
I have the triangle away app but i cant run it if it won't boot.
:banghead:

Upvote 0
well im lost now...... these are the steps i have done:

i downloaded and installed framaroot

next i ran framaroot and rooted my device

then i installed mobile odin and tried to run it, but i got incompatible device warning

next i modified build.prop to trick mobile odin but it still didn't work

then rebooted and my phone got stuck at the galaxy s2 screen

then i used agats oneclick to flash tfl03 recovery.exe

now im stuck at the galaxy s2 screen with a yellow triangle.

i cant figure out how to use odin. i was having driver issues and odin wouldn't see my phone so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it. Now odin sees my phone but i cant figure out what to do...

what exactly do i need to do to get my phone to boot?
I have the triangle away app but i cant run it if it won't boot.
:banghead:

The triangle won't keep your phone from functioning. The triangle only is to show dealers and such that your phone has been modified so they can know whether to honor your warranty or not. The yellow triangle does not in any way hurt or hinder the performance of the phone or keep it from booting.

Now... if you can get your phone into download mode I would flash a OneClick rooted stock rom or something to get back to a starting place. Then proceed to flash the CM10 or whatever you were trying to do from there. Be very careful modifying build.prop as you can see one wrong deletion or modification can really cause some trouble ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones