• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]-[5/9/2010] Evil Eris v2.0.1 (HTC Sense UI-Android 2.1)[Overclock and Apps2SD!]

Okay, an actual question: For those running evil eris 3.0, what are the added features? how do you like it. don't want to spend hours customizing the look and feel of my phone only to wipe it all because I should be running 3.0. thx!

Fwiw, yesterday I ran Evil Eris 3.0 for most of the day, but got curious reading about Senseable 3.1 and now have that on my phone.

EE3 was very nice; I was startled by the speed as compared to the "official" ROM linked in the rooting instruction page (more on the speed thing in a minute).

I have learned since then that I made a mistake which may have had an inadvertent positive influence on my (first) Senseable flash: I misread the instructions at the XDA site posted by the developer of Senseable, thinking that his advice to not wipe if you are flashing from 2.0 or above meant 2.0 of any ROM, I did the flash without a wipe.

Well, it ran beautifully.. quite fast and only one little anomaly that I thought was normal: any time I needed to use SU permissions it took a couple of minutes to invoke the the "allow" choice. I've learned since then that is not right being as how it is only about two seconds since I re-flashed the same ROM and did the wipe this time hoping to head off any ticking time bombs from not wiping the first time I flashed it.

As a comparison between Senseable 3.1 and EE3, Senseable has a transparent dock bar at the bottom, very nicely sculpted round at the corners, and other eye candy that I prefer.. as far as operation goes I get the feeling they are about the same mainly because I've had both at 710/528 using SetCPU.

Reactions: danacorbin
Upvote 0
i flashed right to 2.0.1 because i didn't know you had to be running 2.0 first. seems to run fine. does this mean that i only have the features from the "update" now and not the whole package of features had i done it correctly? :(

I would have thought that you can go ahead with 2.0.1 if coming from another rom.
IN fact, i think I've done that.
Does everything seems to be working still? anything missing?

I'm curious to hear what others say on the subject.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones