• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Angry Bean / CM 10.1 [build 08.08.13]

Chairshot215

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
cm10.1_ang.png

README:
Welcome to CyanogenMod 10.1 aka Angry Bean! This ROM is designed for the Virgin Mobile HTC Evo V 4G and is being developed by g60 & Chairshot. This ROM is based off of code for Wild for the Night 10.1 that dastin1015 has created. The difference from this ROM and Wild for the Night is this version of the ROM is designed strictly for Virgin Mobile customers.

All thanks goes to dastin1015, and any other developer that has worked on the Evo 3D or Evo V 4G! Without that work, source code built ROM's would not be possible.

KNOWN ISSUES
∙ Camera 3D
∙ HDMI

DEVELOPER OPTIONS
To access the developer options goto Settings -> About Phone -> then Tap build number 7 times. This will create the Developer Options & Performance menu which will allow settings such as reboot into recovery, changing the CPU settings and so forth.

DOWNLOAD:
Vmobi Rom Browser

PREINSTALL:
∙ You will need to be rooted
∙ You will need S-Off
∙ You will need to run joe_blow hacks

INSTALL:
In a community all about community Megatoaster stepped up and wrote a nice tutorial to install Angry Bean. Here is the full thread http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/711495-cm-10-1-tutorial-rom-credit-g60madman.html

Reporting Bugs:
As a general rule for reporting or posting bugs, if data was not wiped before flashing or restored after flashing such as using advanced restore Titanium or any other method Please make an attempt at reproducing the issue after doing a full wipe and without restoring data or applying a Mod of any kind before posting about the issue you have experienced. It is also a good practice checking that the MD5 number of the update.zip matches the numbers posted in the change-log and can be done easily using the option in 4ext before flashing. Posting without doing all of the above in general has the penitential of confusing other users and in general slowing down development.

GITHUB:
If you would like to build Angry Bean from source please check out the following link Angry Bean

DONATIONS:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MMEVCWUX83SXJ
Your donations are very much appreciated

NEW FEATURES
8/08/2013 (MD5:2a6acbdfc1b21cde0e8c37f36385ce5b)
∙ Update Source with CM.
∙ Further Kernel updates thanks to none other then mrg666.
∙ Added back some of the Rider Device Include files removed in 7/17/2013 build.
∙ Minor updates to proprietary Vendor Files updated from the last OTA.

Previous Changes
7/17/2013
∙ Update Source with CM.
∙ Made further changes to the CPU Frequency table.
∙ Updates to Interactive and mpdecition from mrg666’s Kernel.
∙ Removed Device Include files with exception of “msm_rotator.h”.
∙ Minor updates to proprietary Vendor Files updated from the last OTA.

7/03/2013 Angry-Kern Update (MD5:a62dec6ae7aa26268106a54e2d57e4ca)
∙ Added updated Kernel for the 7/02/13 release including additional kernel based mpdecition fixes as well as a simplified CPU frequency set.
∙ 1296MHz is now the default CPU frequency but can still be clocked up to 1728Mhz if so desired.
∙ The updated Kernel can be found in the Angry-Bean Rom Browser and can be flashed in recovery without any need to wipe anything including data.

7/02/2013 (299803084488e579edee1ad4540ad84e)
∙ Synced Source for updates (Lots and Lots of changes made so wipe data or will most likely experience BUGS, you have been warned)
∙ Lots of Kernel updates. Patched from 3.079 to 3.080. Updated to use mrg666, mpdecion, Interactive and Row updates amongst others. Big thanks to mrg666 for the assist.

6/25/2013 (MD5:962b7cf27ea416009cace7b29dc48946)
∙ Synced Source for updates
∙ Updated “GPS.conf” with new NTP servers and network settings

6/24/2013 (MD5:c9dcdca0ff59d5f27a7d6298bd21760c)
∙ Synced Source for updates
∙ Kernel Patched from 3.076 to 3.079

6/07/2013 (MD5:8a67a2cc548ab1a7e76898eec2daccc7)
∙ Synced Source with Cyanogen to update messenger app. Going foreword only flash the VMM Zip with Angry Bean in the name.

6/05/2013 (MD5:7b0b075cbe6a785b17e01e5f473abccf)
∙ Fixed issue with CPU Governors not sticking.

6/04/2103 (MD5:7b73126afba9c172acafbf07e360fbc6)
∙ Updates from CyanogenMod
∙ Updated to Stock Kernel audio drivers & acdb Firmware
∙ Added flags for “ACOUSTIC_AUDIO” & “ACDB” in the BoardConfig
∙ Updated Device "include/Linux files"
∙ Added “HOTPLUG” CPU Governor.
∙ Added stock low memory killer parameters.
∙ Reverted overclocked GPU frequencies back to Stock values.

5/17/2103
∙ Update vendor files, now using Harmonia Ril Libs.
∙ Fixed issue with Wimax log eating up space.

5/10/2103
∙ Update vendor files, now using Harmonia DRM Blobs.
∙ Kernel Tweaks, looking to extend battery life.

5/2/2103
Info on changes
∙ Battery is lasting longer
∙ Phone is not getting hot anymore
∙ Bluetooth is pairing perfect
∙ Video playback is stellar

5/1/2013
Info on changes
∙ Major Overhaul to repo
∙ Tons of CM updates, and included stability
∙ Kernel revert to Dastin
∙ msm8660-common revert to Dastin

4/9/2013
Info on Changes
∙ Fixed SurfaceFlinger Logs from Logcat - janyahoo
∙ Created new flashable VVM for Angry Bean -g60
∙ Rolled back RIL files to stock ROM - Chairshot

4/8/2013
Info on Install
∙ New Voicemail APK fix for 9016 Text messages

4/4/2013
Info on Changes
WiMax log fix - Ramjet73!
∙ Weather is working on lock screen - CM

4/3/2013
Info on Changes
∙ MMS is resolved for people with issues
∙ OPT-OUT has been re-enabled by CM

4/2/2013
Info on Changes
∙ Major updates to UI - CyanogenMod

3/31/2013
Info on Changes
∙ Broke off code from dastin - g60
∙ Synced all repo's with CM main line - g60
∙ Updated Touch Screen drivers - Chairshot
∙ Updated *.kcm files for keychars - Chairshot
∙ Updated bin files for keypress, touchscreen & touchevent - Chairshot

3/25/2013
Info on Changes
∙ Complete fix for GPS - g60
∙ WiMax Tweaks - g60
∙ Rolled back Wifi/BT Hardware - Chairshot
∙ Device file update and CellBroadcastReceiver - dastin

3/20/2013
Info on Changes
∙ Rename of ROM - Chingling
∙ Added gps.conf - Chairshot
∙ Fixed init.rc to copy from shootervm - g60
∙ Removed AudioBTID.csv devices - g60
∙ Camera half press fixed - Dastin

3/13/2013
Info on Changes
∙ New build.prop settings improves performance - Charishot
∙ Broke off dastin's device files using virgin mobile shooter specific device files now
∙ 3G tile is now back

3/10/2013
Info on Changes
∙ Fixed MMS in system.prop (thanks Prinny)
∙ Added newer Touch Screen driver (thanks to Maxxy13)
∙ Added audio_effect.conf
∙ Added SoundFX libs
∙ Developer Options Reboot - Bootloader is now listed as on option

3/8/2013
First Release
∙ Replaced all DSP Audio files with Virgin Mobile files
∙ Updated touch screen drivers
∙ Removed Terminal Emulator
∙ Removed CM File Manager
∙ Removed CMUpdater
∙ Removed CMWallpapers
∙ Removed Super User as it's now integrated into ROM

Upvote 0
Whaaa? I was just thinking "hmm...g60's been quiet lately..." then BAM! new rom. I'll have to flash this some point soon.

Yeah after few months or so away to rest and unplug, and a recent 4 day vacation with no technology I am fully recharged. Spoke with dastin so we are working together to make the Virgin Mobile side of things work better.

Just curious about what would make DSP audio files Virgin Mobile specific. Are those just pulled from the stock VM ROM?

ramjet73

ramjet,

The differences in Sprint to Virgin Mobile are slight but are there. Different libs and files. Here you can see the differences. The files I will slowly be integrating into this ROM are from Harmonia.

https://github.com/HTCCM10/android_...mmit/1e895ee9cd8fc829f237e510909a0e894470923e

After making the switch to the files alerts now seem to be coming in properly as I didn't get them before on Wild for the night. Like Text messages or emails, or what ever.

Upvote 0
Yeah after few months or so away to rest and unplug, and a recent 4 day vacation with no technology I am fully recharged. Spoke with dastin so we are working together to make the Virgin Mobile side of things work better.

This is great. Looking forward to downloading

I am so impressed with the Devs we have for the Evo 3D. I am continually encouraged by all they do. Wish I could give all of you more than just a "thank you".

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
I'm having mms issues, it wont send. I tried flashing the mms fix but it resulted in FCs after trying to send a picture. Anyone else having mms issues?

Having issues also. Did what you did with flashing the fix and it did nothing. When I used the voice dialer to look at the APNs there isn't one listed. That could be the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones