• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang |Unlock |Reboot[28 Jan]

Dan,

Since installing a 65mb hboot I keep going back to quick system info to drool at my free space.

I am noticing the a2sd section on qsi is getting larger. It started at a few mb, and now it's reading 147mb with 30mb free.

My sd card does have a 1gb ext3 section still, but I haven't flashed the script for it to work on your rom. What do you think is happening?

Upvote 0
Right, think I'm ready to take the plunge....... happy enough with Oxygen rom Im currently running, but, love the idea of all the extra space and apps running on the phone.

Downloaded everything I need (I think!!) and will wait now till I finish work on Thursday, and have a go Thursday night or Friday am.

I flashed the hboot and Oxygen Rom ok before, and I believe this is no more complicated a procedure?

Thanks again for the downloads and the awesome guides SURoot, looking forward to using dGB

Reactions: Rastaman-FB
Upvote 0
Okay first of all, I'm a dick LOL.

I assume you were being sarcastic in the "which ROM thread" Dan, when you said this ROM sucked. I ONLY just released you're the dev for it LMFAO!!!

So with that in mind, I have 110% confidence in giving it a whirl.

Looking at your downloads, how do I know which is the right hboot to install? The 60, or 65MB one?

Looking forward to trying this baby out.

Andy.

Okay, looking at most of the other posts in here, that mention hboot size, I took the plunge and am currently flashing the 65MB one through Android Flasher.

However, AF seems to be stuck on "Pushing, and Flashing HBOOT".

I remember when I flashed CWM the other day, it worked REALLY quickly.

Here's the sequence of actions I took.

1. Booted in Recovery.
2. Wiped Davlik Cache then User, System Data.
3. Rebooted to Fastboot.
4. Flashed the 65MB HBOOT

Now its been stuck on Pushing, and Flashing for ages. I dont want to turn my phone off incase it buggers it up.

Any suggestions guys?

Andy

Upvote 0
AF is just a fastboot command gui, if its stuck pushing it then the program is not working properly
its a good reason we recommend learning fastboot commands manually as if a gui goes wrong when its such an important flash like hboot. its a perm brick

follow the fastboot faq to get fastboot setup correctly then manually flash it

Upvote 0
AF is just a fastboot command gui, if its stuck pushing it then the program is not working properly
its a good reason we recommend learning fastboot commands manually as if a gui goes wrong when its such an important flash like hboot. its a perm brick

follow the fastboot faq to get fastboot setup correctly then manually flash it

Okay For whatever reason, my USB link to fastboot, I think the HBOOT USB drivers have gotten messed up. I cant see the phone through command promt using the "adb shell" command. So I cant use the fastboot flash command either.

I've tried everything to get the drivers reinstalled, but no joy.

I know I did this EXACT thing with the custom CM7 HBOOT when I first went s-off, so I know it works.

I dont want to mess round too much in case I brick my phone.

Going to recover the backup I did I think.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Andy.

Upvote 0
Okay first of all, I'm a dick LOL.

I assume you were being sarcastic in the "which ROM thread" Dan, when you said this ROM sucked. I ONLY just released you're the dev for it LMFAO!!!

So with that in mind, I have 110% confidence in giving it a whirl.

Looking at your downloads, how do I know which is the right hboot to install? The 60, or 65MB one?

Looking forward to trying this baby out.

Andy.

Okay, looking at most of the other posts in here, that mention hboot size, I took the plunge and am currently flashing the 65MB one through Android Flasher.

However, AF seems to be stuck on "Pushing, and Flashing HBOOT".

I remember when I flashed CWM the other day, it worked REALLY quickly.

Here's the sequence of actions I took.

1. Booted in Recovery.
2. Wiped Davlik Cache then User, System Data.
3. Rebooted to Fastboot.
4. Flashed the 65MB HBOOT

Now its been stuck on Pushing, and Flashing for ages. I dont want to turn my phone off incase it buggers it up.

Any suggestions guys?

Andy

The exact same thing happened to me once. Then, I realised I was using my brother's laptop which did not have HTC drivers installed. So just make sure you have both HTC and hboot drivers properly installed, boot into hboot, cycle to fastboot and flash, it should work.

Upvote 0
The exact same thing happened to me once. Then, I realised I was using my brother's laptop which did not have HTC drivers installed. So just make sure you have both HTC and hboot drivers properly installed, boot into hboot, cycle to fastboot and flash, it should work.

To be honest, the biggest problem I'm having is getting my PC to install ANY USB drivers. Like I said earlier, for some reason, they must have gotten corrupted as the ones I had installed the first time I used the cmd prompt to flash the CM7 HBOOT seem to have stopped working. Uninstalled all HTC, drivers and reconnected my phone in HBOOT mode, in order for the PC to ask for the drivers, but nothing.....

Upvote 0
Okay I sussed it. I won't tell you where I was going wrong. I'll just say I'm a total '****!!!

HBOOT flashed, dGB installed.....

Rebooting now.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Andy.

Looking good so far.

Just setting up my phone now. I cant wait to see how much space this puppy will have at the end.

HOLY SHIT!!!! 338MB.

Dan, next time I'm in Leeds, I'm buying you a whole keg, not just a pint.

Andy

Upvote 0
Okay as fantastic as this ROM is, I have a problem. It seems that I have no internet connection other than WiFi.

No matter where I am, even if I have a fantastic signal, I just cant connect to the internet.

Is there something I've missed?

Other than that, awesome ROM Dan.

Ignor above. I just found it in this thread. APN settings need fixining.

I REALLY have to learn to use the forum search feature LOL

Andy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones