• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang |Unlock |Reboot[28 Jan]

No, the market updater isn't in dGB. You might be able to restore from Ti Backup, but beware if you are using the 60MB hboot as you may not have space (I think it's small, but you should be aware of the risk). Probably safer to do as Nicka suggests.

Once you've installed Play Store it seems to update without the market updater app.

Upvote 0
There are a number of ways of generating space:

1. Partition your sd card & install a custom ROM which supports A2SD (not the same as Froyo move to sd).
  2. Install a smaller ROM & change your internal phone partitions.
  3. A combination of both of the above.

dGB only supports option 2 ONLY. If you want maximum internal space with minimal features this is the ROM for you.

Have a read of http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/220627-faq-apps2sd-updated-17-02-11-a.html for more on what the above mean & whats involved. Then read http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/221212-faq-rooting-updated-7th-april-2012-a.html#26 for how to flash a custom ROM

I recommend trying a ROM out first before changing partition tables. Flash a few see what you like. Have a read of http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/353729-rom-type-you-using.html to see what others think of the ROMs they're using.

Reactions: green
Upvote 0
Anybody experienced wifi failing? If I check via the notification draw it is still on but it doesn't show by the network status and no web pages load, if I turn wifi off and back on again it works as expected. Once connected it's fine until I go out of wifi range. Wifi in the advanced settings is set to never turn off.

Never used to do it only app added recently was whatsapp but tried uninstalling that but it made no difference.

Upvote 0
I recently sold my Desire which was rooted with DGB the larger version. I removed the micro sd card prior to shipping as it still contained personal data. Should this Rom still run on without the card. I'm sure I tested it before I posted it and it was ok?

As an alternative what's the easiest way for the new owner to get standard HTC Rom back on?

Thanks

Wayne

Upvote 0
HTC Desire Bravo (GSM)
PVT1 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT 6.93.1002
RADIO 5.11.05.27

It seems that Im installing dGB's latest version into a Full wiped MildWild ROM, and Im stuck on HTC Login Screen for like, forever.

I dont know if I need to install another HBOOT or another Radio or something (I dont even know how to install an .img if im not logged into a ROM).

Help out as soon as possible guys, because I will be needing my SP tomorrow in work. :3

Thanks in advance, Nio.

Upvote 0
Hi Nio,

I'm not sure what you mean by installing dGB "into a Mildwild ROM". Installing dGB will overwrite the MildWild ROM.

It should work in any hboot, though for optimal storage space you should use one of the dGB hboots (which no other ROM will fit into). However, I'd recommend getting the ROM going first, changing hboot later.

Similarly the radio won't be a problem.

So, how exactly did you install it? The simplest thing to try would be to pull the battery, then boot into recovery and try another factory reset. If that doesn't work, flash the ROM again (maybe even download again to check nothing went wrong with that - I don't think SU provided md5 sums for the ROM, but may have remembered wrong).

If none of that works, I assume you took a nandroid first, so can restore back to MildWild for tomorrow? Then we can try to work out what went wrong.

Reactions: Nio GodSent
Upvote 0
Seriously the HBOOT isnt needed? Well at least of course I'd love to start from the ROM and then install radio and HBOOT tomorrow.

Its me and you Hadron, I cant do it with MildWild, so I have kinda 1 hour to install this sh_t.

I have dGB_01_28_2012_eng and its Kernel into 2 zips inside a folder, and Im going with CWM to install the ROM. It says complete, but im stuck on the HTC screen, what do you think is the problem Hadron? It wont boot, never.

P.S after 20m: Im all way on having sex with F5.

Upvote 0
Seriously, if you guys dont help out on this. Tonight I guess Im gonna turn back to MildWild 5.

I really needed to get away from what I used before (Meaning Custom ROMs), because every single one of them had some flaws that I couldnt live with (Turn-offs, GPS restarts, Monitor couldn't light up after some calls easily and other basic stuff!), so I decided dGB with ANOTHER Radio and ANOTHER HBOOT, and most important ANOTHER KERNEL!

Now dont have another Cell to do my job, so I really need to install something tonight.
Seriously, if someone could focus on my thing (the issue I have on the upper post), he could save a dam life here.

Im part of another huge technological helpdesk, be assured if I ever be of any assistance to you tomorrow - I'd be glad to help.

Upvote 0
I'm using Tapatalk on my phone, so can't check links at the moment. That sounds like the most recent dGB ROM. You don't need a separate kernel, the one that comes with the ROM (128 HAVS AXI CFS) should be fine for most purposes. I've used it for more than a year.

There should be nothing more to it than go into recovery, factory reset, install zip from sd, select the ROM zip, confirm, reboot when done.

It will work with any Froyo radio, so the one you have is fine. You'd have more space with the custom hboot, but it will work without. It doesn't care about sd card partitions. So it's not obvious to me what might be going wrong. Do you get any messages when you try to install?

If all else fails (and you have a backup) try formatting /system from recovery, then wiping again (factory data reset) and installing.

Upvote 0
Done. It was probably some conflict. With another full wipe, I made it into dGB.

Now, you think that I dont have to change HBOOT and Radio? If I "should", tonight is the night.
And what else should help out for the best? Some programs like links2sd, or some specific partition for system files, or anything that could help? Share some links.

P.S: Should I install "bravo_alphaspl_dGB60"? And which is the easiest way (just name the program, no guides).

Upvote 0
Radio is optional. I've been using the latest one, and found it fine with dGB, but TBH I've never seen very large differences with using different radios. You can find an archive of radios here - there is a mirror link at the bottom of that first post, which has the advantage that it includes md5 checksums so that you can check you have a good download (more info on that here). Personally I would check a radio download, because a bad radio file can permanently brick your phone.

Note that you can only flash a radio .zip through recovery if you are using a hboot which gives you standard partitions. To be precise, you need > 30 MB in /cache. Most custom hboots (CM7, Oxygen, etc) use a very small cache partition, so if you use one of those you can only update the radio using fastboot (there's an ADB and Fastboot FAQ in the Desire All Things Root Guide sticky post in this forum - red link in my sig). If you are S-Off you can fastboot flash the radio anyway: extract the img from the zip and flash that. Do not try to fastboot flash the zip file. If you are at all unsure about how to update a radio, ask first. If you do it through recovery the phone will reboot itself a few times - don't panic and don't interrupt it!

Hboot will make dGB much nicer, as it will give you a lot more internal space. Personally I'd suggest the 65MB version, as that allows a little space in case you theme it or add anything to /system. The procedure for updating hboot is described at alpharev.nl. The important thing is: take a nandroid before updating the hboot, do the update as described, restore the nandroid. Changing the partition boundaries is likely to foul up your current ROM, but restoring the nandroid will put everything back in the new locations. If you use a dGB hboot, remember that you'll have to change hboot again if you ever change ROMs, as no other ROM will fit in that small a system partition.

Link2sd is optional. Use it if you like, but you'll have about 360MB of internal space after changing hboot, and with moving apps to sd the normal way you can fit a lot of stuff. If you need link2sd, you can add that later. It does work with dGB, but I don't use it myself.

You should probably do one or other of hboot and link2sd, or else you have a minimal ROM and a shortage of space. I'd recommend the hboot of the 2. My statement the other day was just that you didn't need the hboot in order to make the ROM work, but it is better with.

After that, it's a matter of installing whatever apps, launchers, etc you prefer. dGB includes a very small launcher and a very stripped-down keyboard, but those are purely to get you started - the assumption is that you would install your own preferred launcher and keyboard. That's the main point of dGB - as little as possible in the ROM, then add on just the stuff you want.

Upvote 0
Really, thanks for your reply Hadron. You are the bread & butter of this forum man. I just remembered that I posted long ago, and you were the one who solved my old problem again.

Well, to close, I wanted to ask you one last thing.

Is there any possibility I could find Greek for Language in the dGB? And the most serious one: I LOVED when I could T9 with GREEK on the Dial Numbers and I could easily find anyone I needed to call or text. All the other ROMs couldn't do that, except if I were looking for an English name.

dGB dont even find english, it doesnt even use T9 finder. But I really care about the Greek.

Dont tell me I cant install a pack or something..

Upvote 0
I've checked the dGB site, but can't see Greek amongst the list of languages supported by the multilingual version.

You could install a 3rd party dialler app with the T9 finder support, but I know nothing about language packs for android. SUroot was the ROM's developer, though he's been using an S3 since last summer, so might be able to tell you how easy/hard it would be to add Greek.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones