• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2] AOKP Jelly Bean for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 12/30/2013

Upvote 0
Anyone having wifi connection issues? I'm getting signal, but all grey'd out.

UPDATE: Not working at my office WiFi either. FYI: I had the initial 10/20 release, then flashed the 10/21 release over the top after wiping the cache and davlik.

UPDATE #2: A clean wipe/format and flashing the ROM and GAPPS fixed me right up.

All good except for the gallery not syncing.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thank you very much, would you recommend taking the phone apart or just using a cue-tip with alcohol in that general area over the grill?

The sensor is just left of the virgin mobile logo at the top of the phone. If you hold it up to the light you'll see a little oval; that's the sensor. Just wipe it off with a clean, dry, soft cloth (shirt sleeve).

Reactions: axelxbc
Upvote 0
How's this running for you guys? Thinking about dropping ICS and just working on jb. What do you guys think.

I'd say as good as this ready is, yes definitely put your effort here. Aside from some minor issues ICS is stable. I'd love to see the ril issue addressed and maybe memory management tuning. Good work so far. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
yes .. this better.. its workign better.. feels better... i would imagen apps that you get need updated verison maybe. but yes i like .. thank you for working on this phone.. this verison is better.. im not getting really bad lags..

says im on vibrate but im really not, can you add opton to black out sms app?

You can black it out in settings/mms theme both conversation lists, message windows, you can add custom backgrounds etc. You can get black action bars and menus with my mod.

Upvote 0
How's this running for you guys? Thinking about dropping ICS and just working on jb. What do you guys think.

Would have to say I am amazed at how well this runs. I have not ran into any problems so far. Everything is so seamless and you saved me from getting out of my grandfather plan. Thank you very much. I will be sticking with this phone until it dies.

Upvote 0
Everything is flawless except, after like 10 minutes of streaming music via spotify, my data turns from blue to grey, and won't work until I reboot and instagram fails to upload or take videos. Otherwise perfect.

Yeah I've noticed data issues also.
@phenom is there a way to reprogram on VM like Verizon? Typically *228 and reprogramming ones device updates the prl and data etc.

Upvote 0
@starkraving The service code for Virgin Mobile is dialing ##847446# and that brings up the activation menu normally which gives you access to all the MEID and other phone data... I just tried it though on my phone after updating to this ROM and nothing happened but that could just be my phone.

@phenomx4 You've done an excellent job on these ROM's, thank you.

Is there a way to include additional toggles into this ROM? specifically the 2g/3g data toggle that I use frequently. It shows up in the graphic under ROM Controls > Toggles but its not listed in the enabled toggle list.

Reactions: ronii
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones