• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2] CM10 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 12/31/2013

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2012
North Las Vegas , Nevada
This is a beta release of CM10 for the Optimus Elite so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. You may get random reboots and lockups or you may not. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a NAND backup just in case.

About (Taken from Cyanogenmod website)

CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • Overclocking
  • Tethering using an app called "Wifi Tether for Root Users" from the play store with the settings used in F.A.Q below.
  • Mass storage
  • Camera (Finally!)

What's partially working:

• Data (stuck on 1x but get 3g speeds. Currently setup to always show 3G)
  • NFC ( NFC tags and google wallet are non functional.)

What's not working:

• You tell me.

Issues:

• you may have random reboots or lock ups or you may not.
  • Google Wallet doesn't work and opening it causes nfc to not work until you do a reboot. Will fix this soon.

F.A.Q
Q. Do I have to format my data?
A. If you are coming from a rom other than CM9 then yes you do but if you are just updating to a new CM9 build then no.

Q. How do I use my external SD card to install apps on?
A. Go to Settings>Storage>Menu button>Storage configuration>and check the box. After that you will need to reboot the phone.

Q. What settings do I use to get tethering to work?
A.
Device-Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Change Setup-Method: WEXT (ad-hoc)
MSS clamping checked
Routing fix checked

Want to report a issue you are having with the rom? Then use getlogs.
[APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click! - xda-developers

Will update this post later

Change Log
HTML:
12/31/2013

Add ARMv7 - and especially Cortex-A9 - optimized string
Ignore some errors checks, they always occurs because broken GL drivers
Fix log spam: Failed to open libwvm.so
Triggering EarlySuspend based on BackLight brightness
Allow purging of asset bitmaps
Optimize gradient textures
Fix memory corruption in LayerRenderer::copyLayer
Plug memory leak that happens when reusing display
Fix texture corruption
Fix race condition in pthread_create()
Enable Crt screen off animation
Freed some ram
Add support for Cell broadcasting/CMAS (untested)
Fix bluetooth audio routing (untested)
Kernel undervolting support
Wifi mac address fix
add option to exit to homescreen after call
Other thing I forgot about

11/04/2013 

Initial release

Credits and thanks:
Cyanogenmod
LG
Dorregaray
G60madman
Downthemachine

Giantpune
Starkraving

and everyone else I missed.

Patches:

HTML:
Camera fix
http://d-h.st/Uq2

bluetooth audio
http://d-h.st/TIX

Issue tracker:
Issue tracker

Gapps:

Dev-Host - gapps-jb-20121011-data.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Virgin Mobile:
http://d-h.st/g43

Sprint:

http://d-h.st/c3c

Screenshots:

Comming Soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Upvote 0
Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Getting the same message. Would someone be kind enough to upload the rom to another location? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, Google says it's downloadable now.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the work Phenom. I've been running the CM9 build for a week or so and 10 is way smoother.
A couple of small things I have noted:

-On a fresh boot, the camera will not display the lens view until after you snap a picture. It displays after that.

-It seems like applications are either opened twice or displayed as opened twice using the open app manager. (this appears to be intermittent)

-Pocket Minecraft doesn't work :rolleyes:; it loads and I can interact with the game but the display is blank. Tried a variety of things, reinstalling and such, but no dice. It worked fine on CM9.

Im still a noob when it comes to Android, but if there are logs are something I can pull for you let me know. Thanks again for the work.

Upvote 0
Phenom, you need to change your name to Romulite, because you're like the Greek God of roms for this device.
And then you have Starkraving cranking out mods as soon as you release something.... You guys are freaking amazing.!
Thanks fellas for all that you continue to do for this phone.

Any one else having issues with the call quality sounding autotunish? Not sure if it's a jb thing, or maybe it's just my phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the work Phenom. I've been running the CM9 build for a week or so and 10 is way smoother.
A couple of small things I have noted:

-On a fresh boot, the camera will not display the lens view until after you snap a picture. It displays after that.

-It seems like applications are either opened twice or displayed as opened twice using the open app manager. (this appears to be intermittent)

-Pocket Minecraft doesn't work :rolleyes:; it loads and I can interact with the game but the display is blank. Tried a variety of things, reinstalling and such, but no dice. It worked fine on CM9.

Im still a noob when it comes to Android, but if there are logs are something I can pull for you let me know. Thanks again for the work.

Get me a log when trying to play pocket minecraft and I may know what's going on with the camera. These may be fixable with a patch.

Upvote 0
Phenom, you need to change your name to Romulite, because you're like the Greek God of roms for this device.
And then you have Starkraving cranking out mods as soon as you release something.... You guys are freaking amazing.!

Any one else having issues with the call quality sounding autotunish? Not sure if it's a jb thing, or maybe it's just my phone.
I haven't noticed autotunish sound. Anyone else can confirm this?

Reactions: ronii
Upvote 0
I have experienced the autotunish sound over the past few days but thought it was related to an acknowledged issue with a tower in my area (Kalamazoo, MI) which has caused reception to be very poor. The autotune seemed to be better yesterday but, it always does it when calling voicemail. I was getting the same weird issue on cm9 and both aokp builds which is why I thought it was just a location issue. At one point I flashed back to stock and I still had the awful reception, but not sure about the autotune thing. I turned off voice privacy ... not really sure if that made a difference or not.

Upvote 0

I've noticed this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones