• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

edodson84

Android Expert
Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
I take no responsibility for any harm to your device...FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

b0f83bcede8214ab45f5b9261d4e30d5.jpg

Unless you live in a cave, we're sure you've hear of the Developers Android "L" Preview that was revealed at Google IO last month.* While this project is still based on 4.1.2 the intent is to give the end user a taste of what "L" will look and feel like. Keep in mind that API limitations* will make some mods impossible. So without further chatter here's a list of changes and mods...

Framework:
As many drawables and resources that are available have went into the framework-res.apk. These include but are not limited to new switches, action bars with "back" capabilities, dialogs and menus drawn with depth and shadow to give the feeling of "L". Some system apps for now will implement the AB color to match the status bar. This will be noticed in clock, gallery, and genie widget.

SystemUI:
Like framework as many drawables and resources were used as were available. A padded shadowed notifications panel now is used. New header layout to closely mimic that if " L" , quicksettings drawables taken from the system dump to give it a more authentic feel. The new UI will give the user battery choices, clock location choices and all the previous customization from our KitKat inspired ROM.

Settings:
Settings now will feature a LAwe sub-setting section where the user will have personalization, performance and various other options. You will also find the Headsup feature integrated as well as Clockwork Super User.

Additional theming has gone into the Calculator.apk, Contacts.apk, Phone.apk and Visual voicemail.

Also note that all GApps are current and updated, trebuchet has been replaced with Nova which gives the user the "L" search bar, folders, animations and app drawer button. "L" fonts, bootanimation and keyboard are also included.

41d3a0fd14713953cde6d89d56f8e851.jpg
c372ee4a00f8ebbf883a4e72188781d2.jpg
b979a283ad4d3117c73e27f2b81decbb.jpg
056d525408143394ad32e9cd4e12144c.jpg
5d339fb99ca44ebb7894da20b6863559.jpg
cbe0e9c182689e26aa30de7a08ccf562.jpg

67f30a65b9e352d101ee798dfb9c00bb.jpg

Code:
V1.0: 
Initial release

V2.0: 
Replaced chrome with AOSP
Replaced google music with apollo
Added crt off effect
Completely rethemed all core apps with herathon resources including press animations
Added xposed with tinted status bar module
Changed dpi to 220
Disabled setup wizard

V2.5 Final:
Replaced apollo with henrymp
Added fully ported 4.2 deskclock w/digital widget and tons of options
Added full ported 4.2 camera/gallery w/tons of options
Added 3minit battery mod w/1000+ icons
Rethemed all core apps to better match "L"
Added KK animations
Added batt and signal icons to notification header
Added true AOSP 4bar signal with removed in/out indicators
Added swipe lockscreen clock with analog widget
Updated all core apps
Replaced ac!d with stock srs
Added default root shell

cb723dff12dc2baf97dafb7dee7b23aa.jpg

Note: all user data will be erased if coming from stock or different rom you have been warned!!!

how to install for new users with stock device [no root or sd card required]:
1: download this Stock device "L" Awe rom install kit and extract to desktop
2: follow included instructions
3: note: this will install TWRP recovery and *L* Awe rom with root
4: enjoy!!!

how to install for new users and updating from previous version with custom recovery already:
1: download this Custom Recovery "L" Awe Download and put on sd card
2: reboot to phil'z, cwm, or preferably TWRP recovery
3: wipe system (if coming from stock or different rom also wipe data)
3: install zip
4: enjoy!!!

B07 OTA Bypass flash in recovery!!!
B07 OTA Bypass Download

Hangouts V2.4 W/ Removed SMS toast flash in recovery!!!
Hangouts V2.4 Download

Alternate Launchers!!!

Apex Launcher

Adw Launcher

Kit Kat Themed Trebuchet "Flash in Recovery"

Google Now Launcher "Flash in Recovery"

Treve wifi tether settings
[Hide]
Device profile- generic ICS/JB (wlan0)

Setup method- Auto

Set Netd Max Client Cmd-NOT checked

Enable wifi encryption-checked

I have changed SSID no prob

Mac addresses spoof-NOT checked

Don't disable Bluetooth-NOT checked

Wi-Fi driver reload-NOT checked

Wi-Fi driver reload 2-NOT checked

Enable access control- checked

Keep alive connection checking-checked

MSS CLAMPING- checked

Routing fix - NOT checked

Disable update check- CHECKED!
[/spoiler]

let me know of any bugs or suggestions!!!

dc9319148ee10d0f9d3230581cebbf5d.jpg

Thanks to:
"starkraving" for all the help theming!!!
"Enrique" for help with resources!!!
"Monish1995" for herathon theme!!!
"Shaftamale" for material keyboard with number row!!!
"orlh" and "sejar" for QS panel!!!
"ZTE" for making this awesome device!!!
"Didact74" for statusbar clock and battery mods!!!
"phenomx4" for TWRP!!!
"gharrington" for 3minit battery mod!!!
"rbheromax" for initial device development and default root shell!!!
"cooldudezach" for initial device decelopment!!!

Let me what u think:) a lot of work went into this... I also thought should mention since I didn't add the banner till now... That acid audio is cooked in;)
I think this is one of the most heavily modified custom stock based Roms available anywhere. I'm very proud to have teamed up with Earl and had a hand in this. I would also be remiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my buddy Enrique who helped me a lot with drawables (the vision to see how we could do a faux "tint" at our api level.) Hope you guys enjoy!

Upvote 0
Rom seems to be working flawlessly, thanks again to the devs for all your hard work.

Suggestion - not sure if this is just me but with the new L theme/color/font its a little hard to tell which texts or emails are new, the font is not very bold and doesn't seem to stand out to show a new message/text.
Do u mean in the notifcation area or in app??

Upvote 0
I've been a trying to download this since yesterday. Keep getting download failures. (Its not mediafire, its my crappy 3g signal) Been looking forward to this so bad, and it's so close yet so far away! I might just have to go to the library. There's an open WiFi hotspot that I can hit from my apt @ 5gb/sec but unfortunately they need to reset their router... Why?! Woe am I, for my flashing has gone dry. :bawling:

Upvote 0
In the app. I'm specifically referencing hangouts, default email, and gmail. New messages typically appear bold to show a new message but it just doesn't seem to stand out to me.

A quick fix; You could install a new font without much trouble using rom toolbox. I know it worked for Moonshine, and being as this shares some base with it, it should work. Dont forget to make a back up if you try it. I just got the L and haven't tested it yet, but I imagine it'd be fine. Getting ready to flash it now. So stoked! :D

Upvote 0
I've been a trying to download this since yesterday. Keep getting download failures. (Its not mediafire, its my crappy 3g signal) Been looking forward to this so bad, and it's so close yet so far away! I might just have to go to the library. There's an open WiFi hotspot that I can hit from my apt @ 5gb/sec but unfortunately they need to reset their router... Why?! Woe am I, for my flashing has gone dry. :bawling:

Use getthemall in the play store

Reactions: modhatter6811
Upvote 0
Great job devs. I will be putting this through it's paces.I love the boot animation as it does the android fading in and out. Would be really cool if it looped the part where different colors and patterns go around the text. Doesn't look like this has B06 in it as the kernel version is the same as b05. Anyways it's pretty smooth. I hope xposed status mods work on this as i would like to use the same teal color for the icons. Really don't like the plain old white look. lol.

Upvote 0
Use getthemall in the play store

Awesome, can't wait to test it out. Hopefully it'll solve my issues with servers that don't support download resume. (servers that do don't give me issues on 3g)

@brittnearl & starkraving
Just got this thing flashed! Awesome work, as always. I've really come to expect nothing less from you guys, and you always deliver. You two are geniuses! Thank you so much for yet another wonderful ROM! I'm still trying to get my Dev skills up to par. (probably take years) You've all been a great inspiration for me to learn as much as possible. I knew I bought the right phone. :D

Reactions: edodson84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones