• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

Yeah, I'm here to tell you that should absolutely NOT work. Incidentally the reason it doesn't work is that the download of the AGPS Ephermis and Almanac data fails on the last block, which almost-certainly scrambles all the formerly-valid data in the chip.

That's what I've been fighting for two weeks trying to determine WHY it fails on the last block.

Upvote 0
Alright, just tried the OC kernel with CM7. With performance governor and at 1.9 GHz, I got 3159 with quadrant. I don't know how that compares with anything else.

fgdncWU

Upvote 0
I think it is probably best to let him decide what he wants to work on. Same for any developer. They give their time and knowledge for free, and they already know the issues and bugs, they will get to them when time permits.

your right we cant make the choices he has to. he is the one working on it and so isnt issac. i say let them choose. jsut as long as the phone gets updated over time im fine by that.:)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm here to tell you that should absolutely NOT work. Incidentally the reason it doesn't work is that the download of the AGPS Ephermis and Almanac data fails on the last block, which almost-certainly scrambles all the formerly-valid data in the chip.

That's what I've been fighting for two weeks trying to determine WHY it fails on the last block.

Ms assisted saw and fixed to one satellite. Waited a while and it never got better

Upvote 0
Had to post this up peeps but GPS is working on mines. I never ran it with the rom from tickerguy I installed the other day but before that I would always randomly check my google maps just for the hell of it. That was when I realized that I was one of the unlucky people who couldn't lock on. So I swapped the GPS file with the one that posted on this site some time ago and was able to lock onto 7 satellites in under 10 seconds. Now to make a long story short, I haven't installed any of tickerguys roms except for the last one. I randomly booted up google maps and viola my GPS is working accurately perfectly. Try swapping the GPS file before installing the rom! :)

are you able to get turn by turn directions? Im sayng google maps will open and it will get your location but that dosent mean your phone is locking on to GPS satellites. try to get driving navigation somewhere if that works then yeah ur locking on

Upvote 0
are you able to get turn by turn directions? Im sayng google maps will open and it will get your location but that dosent mean your phone is locking on to GPS satellites. try to get driving navigation somewhere if that works then yeah ur locking on

I haven't tried turn by turn but I get a lock when I start up google maps

Upvote 0
That doesn't necessarily mean you have GPS. Google maps also grabs your location from wifi and/or from the cell towers. If you launch Google Navigation, it will tell you when you get an actual GPS lock.

I had no idea I had to open the navigation up to accurately lock on. Sorry about that guys. I tried to be of help.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, actually. I don't see why it shouldn't work for 2.2+.

You're welcome to try it. I've attached it to this post.

I've also attached a new GB Launcher that allows you to drag apps from the drawer to the trash can to uninstall them. Let me know how well (or not) it works.

NOTE: It will NOT allow uninstalling system apps.

EDIT: Just realized the LWP apk was force closing when you changed colors. I've uploaded a new one that fixes the FC issue.

Hey, Isaac, I get a parse error when I try to install those .apk files through root explorer on 2.2.2. Am I doing some horrible mistake? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Like I said before, I've built these apks from 2.3 CM7 sources. I can't guarantee they'll work for anything other than CM7. I didn't see anything requiring a specific SDK version or Android version in the sources, but it might be specified somewhere else.

Now, if you're trying to use these apks with Tickerguy's most recent build, then we have an actual problem. I've been using them just fine with the last build. However, I'm not trying to include these as separate apks to be installed afterwards. They'll be included in the next build.

Upvote 0
Like I said before, I've built these apks from 2.3 CM7 sources. I can't guarantee they'll work for anything other than CM7. I didn't see anything requiring a specific SDK version or Android version in the sources, but it might be specified somewhere else.

Now, if you're trying to use these apks with Tickerguy's most recent build, then we have an actual problem. I've been using them just fine with the last build. However, I'm not trying to include these as separate apks to be installed afterwards. They'll be included in the next build.

its cool man... cant wait to see them in the next version! :D thanks again issac and tickerguy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones