• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

I remember that earlier in the thread someone mentioned a popping sound in headphones when the screen is off - I've had this issue for a while, but it's finally annoyed me enough to ask if there's any sort of fix for it. I tried manipulating some settings in DSP manager, but I haven't found anything that works.
That was me. I discovered that it only occurs when wifi is left on. Try that and see if it goes away. I also created a thread over at the github issues page so if you don't mind go leave a message there about it as well. If more people can reproduce it, it can be given higher priority. Though it may not get fixed unless ticker's able to fix the wifi issues, since it seems related to wifi (seems like half the issues we've had with CM7 are related to wifi).

Upvote 0
That was me. I discovered that it only occurs when wifi is left on. Try that and see if it goes away. I also created a thread over at the github issues page so if you don't mind go leave a message there about it as well. If more people can reproduce it, it can be given higher priority. Though it may not get fixed unless ticker's able to fix the wifi issues, since it seems related to wifi (seems like half the issues we've had with CM7 are related to wifi).

Just reported it. Didn't see your thread though. Odd how Wifi seems to be the root cause of a lot of this ROM's problems....

Upvote 0
Actually, tickerguy closed it since neither he nor anyone else was able to reproduce it, so you'd have to look in the closed section to find it. Shoulda mentioned that :p

I actually looked in the closed issues wondering if someone had found a fix, didn't see it there either. Also if he couldn't reproduce it I wonder if the issue is contained to specific units.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this duplicates a post but does this "fix" the crappy gps lock on the stock Triumph rom's GPS?
Im new at all this so i will most likely wait till tickerguy thinks its ready for prime time...thanks in advance

I'll probably be the first of a million to answer you this way, but...

Short answer - yes. Long answer - read the thread:cool:

Now that I read that, it's probably nice than most people will answer you!

Upvote 0
Check to ensure that "Lock Home in Memory" is disabled under Settings->CyanogenMod Settings->Performance

I believe that will help, but let us know!

Sad to say it didn't fix anything, because it was disabled by default. The GB launcher worked ok, but it reminded me of my old Moto Cliq xt with motoblur(I don't miss that phone at all).Odly enough with adw launcher it is really speedy. Usually I am not a huge fan of adw, however I found a pretty nice ice cream sandwich theme. I have no idea if ICS actually looks like it, but it does look nice:) So no need to reflash, I will probably just back up and uninstall GB Launcher :)

Upvote 0
Can anybody help me out here please? I did exactly what the instruction says, but still I'm stuck on the MOTOROLA Logo. Just to make sure I did everything right, I even watched youtube videos before flashing. It looks like my phone can't flash any ROM. Is that even possible?

Are you plugged in when you are booting up? I was doing the same thing, then unplugged it, and it boots every time, if I plug it back in, same thing, it will stick.

Upvote 0
that's why. you need 4.0.1.5 or higher. i'm currently using 5.0.2.3

if im not mistaken this is 5.0.2.3.....

http://www.mediafire.com/?acpcd9xtlpzqge1

try that and report back

just know that on these more recent builds of clockwork recovery the soft menu key is used as the enter button... not the power button like on previous builds. if you get to a black screen with the clockwork logo just hit the power button again and it'll bring you back to your previous screen and use the soft menu key.

Reactions: dhman06
Upvote 0

recovery.img

try that and report back

just know that on these more recent builds of clockwork recovery the soft menu key is used as the enter button... not the power button like on previous builds. if you get to a black screen with the clockwork logo just hit the power button again and it'll bring you back to your previous screen and use the soft menu key.

The most recent clockwork is also right below the rom - scroll down a little bit and you'll see it

Upvote 0

recovery.img

try that and report back

Thank you that worked. Really appreciate the help. Can I root it using Gingerbreak?

Upvote 0
Is it ok if I remove the Developement.apk and DSPmanager.apk files?
you are much obliged, and personally i wouldn't remove them... just because if you don't use them they never run anyway and they take up such little space. i use DSP manager for music, but not the Development tools, but every once in a while i go through my applications and processes to see what's running and what's not and the Development app NEVER runs unless you start it i've noticed, but like i said personally i think DSP manager is worth having on the phone, but tha's just my opinion, and same thing with the DSP app is i've noticed if you never use it then it NEVER runs.

Upvote 0
you are much obliged, and personally i wouldn't remove them... just because if you don't use them they never run anyway and they take up such little space. i use DSP manager for music, but not the Development tools, but every once in a while i go through my applications and processes to see what's running and what's not and the Development app NEVER runs unless you start it i've noticed, but like i said personally i think DSP manager is worth having on the phone, but tha's just my opinion, and same thing with the DSP app is i've noticed if you never use it then it NEVER runs.

Ok I see. Thanks for the quick replies and all the suggestions so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones