• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

Has anyone noticed that (headphones) media volume is lower on this than stock, or have I have I been progressively going deaf? My only (quite minor) complaint thus far: turned it to full volume and didn't get nearly the volume I had at 75% as before. Other than that bit of fluff, I'm so happy with CM7 after a day that I can't imagine going back to MIUI.

I honestly think the media volume is quiet even with dsp manager.. Lol. MIUI's equalizer sounded a little better imo. I've been using the call while music is playing trick to boost the volume ever since I got the phone.. Seems to work with stock, cm7, and miui(if you turn off fading).

Upvote 0
I honestly think the media volume is quiet even with dsp manager.. Lol. MIUI's equalizer sounded a little better imo. I've been using the call while music is playing trick to boost the volume ever since I got the phone.. Seems to work with stock, cm7, and miui(if you turn off fading).
Same here. I'm not sure what settings to use with DSP, because nothing I try makes it any louder. Sometimes that trick works for me and sometimes it doesn't. I really wish there was a way to boost the volume, cause I like to use it with an FM transmitter in my car.

Upvote 0
you should always use the files on the first page of the forum. this will ensure that your phone will always work right.:cool:

This actually drives me nuts... and it's not TickerGuy's fault at all. We need a sticky post in this forum that says 'Hey, use the latest recovery found here or you're a dummy". The newly created 'Everything for the Triumph' thread is a start I guess... but I am STILL seeing people getting into trouble with their phones because they are using an old recovery. Best case is they are using the old old 4.0.x.x and it just won't install the rom because it doesn't have ext4 support, worst case is they accidentally format their /fat partition and brick their phone.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST CWM RECOVERY PEOPLE! :D

Upvote 0
Yup... I noticed this with the 10/16 build... With everything turned off and barely using the phone I'm lucky to see 10 hours of battery. I hadn't said anything because I thought it was just me or something I did. About the only thing I haven't tried is a complete wipe and reload (I just formatted system and cache and left data alone so I wouldn't have to reload everything). I'm going to try a completely fresh install and see how things go.

One thing I did notice is that 10/16 is seemingly a heck of a lot faster. It even seems to boot faster...

Just an update: After doing a complete wipe (/data, /system, /cache) and then installing 10/16 battery life is back to amazing. Just goes to show ya that not formatting /data to try and save time isn't always an ideal situation.

And I say again that I could swear 10/16 boots faster than any of the previous builds.

FFC is oriented properly now but still freezes and FC's if you try and take a picture. We're getting closer! I can't wait to see if the TG / Issac one two punch finally gets HDMI working. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for fast reply, so I'm still missing something then since I keep seeing people talking about setting Min CPU freq. lower than 245MHz with Smartass to get the best battery life.

To set the CPU's minimum frequency lower than 245Mhz, use "SetCPU" and you can clock as low as 122Mhz and still use the Smartassv2 governor if you wish. This build does not support overclocking but you CAN underclock with SetCPU.

Upvote 0
This actually drives me nuts... and it's not TickerGuy's fault at all. We need a sticky post in this forum that says 'Hey, use the latest recovery found here or you're a dummy". The newly created 'Everything for the Triumph' thread is a start I guess... but I am STILL seeing people getting into trouble with their phones because they are using an old recovery. Best case is they are using the old old 4.0.x.x and it just won't install the rom because it doesn't have ext4 support, worst case is they accidentally format their /fat partition and brick their phone.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST CWM RECOVERY PEOPLE! :D

"Note that this build uses the ext4 filesystem. Not all Clockwork versions can load this. The one in this thread can as can those of recent build by Isaac (yes, you should read the top posts by myself on every update, top to bottom.)"

This is posted right at the top of the first post. You really can't miss it unless you blatantly avoid it. You also can't miss where the latest CWM is listed right under the current version of this ROM.

Most of the issues people have been having is because they don't take the time to read the first couple posts. I am not saying all this to make you look bad, trust me, I have made those same mistakes. I also understand that it is almost impossible to read all the posts on the forum unless you take a couple days off work :p But everything you should need is on the first couple posts by TickerGuy. Happy hacking!

Upvote 0
ice cream sandwich was just released do you think the triumph will be able to get the update and run it smoothly from a ROM. i know virgin mobile wont even give the triumph the update considering we don't even have gingerbread.

its so cool
androiddevelopers's Channel - YouTube

It would be cool. Maybe when cyanogenmod gets updated but that will them almost forever to update every phone.

Upvote 0

That would be cool to have sometime down the road. Currently, the closest thing to that available for the Triumph is Visidon Applock. The app blocks user selected apps and uses face recognition to unlock it. The free version is add supported but works very well as I use it for my emails, messaging, browsing, and social apps. The plus version has an experimental lock screen add on. So it might be worth the ($1.99) to try it out.

If you download it be sure to read through the information provided regarding the app and how to set it up. I did not and ended up not knowing what to do for the first few minutes.

Upvote 0
I am going to have to disagree with some here regarding great battery life as I'm getting very poor battery performance with mines. In fact, it is worst than stock. Just this morning, my battery went from 100% to 80% in an hour. Right now it's sitting at 42% after 4h 32m 9s on battery (with Android System taking 77%). During first two hour I can feel the back of the phone warm. I'm not running anything intensive like watching video or playing games or placing a call. I was just browsing settings and turning settings off and on like wifi, BT, 3G, background data/autosync, GPS, etc. Tried smartassv2 and ondemand. Turned wallpaper off. With stock, usually if I turn off GPS and 3G (bad reception radio draws more power), my battery can last a day. Not with this beta unless I turn on Airplane mode.

So this is on Beta0.1. I wipe data/factory reset, formatted /system and cleared dalvik cache, then fresh install with gapps. Installed gmail, Yahoo! mail, hotmail with auto sync enabled. Plus a few other apps. And that's it!

Is there a better way to tracking down where the battery drain is coming from?

Upvote 0
I am going to have to disagree with some here regarding great battery life as I'm getting very poor battery performance with mines. In fact, it is worst than stock. Just this morning, my battery went from 100% to 80% in an hour. Right now it's sitting at 42% after 4h 32m 9s on battery (with Android System taking 77%). During first two hour I can feel the back of the phone warm. I'm not running anything intensive like watching video or playing games or placing a call. I was just browsing settings and turning settings off and on like wifi, BT, 3G, background data/autosync, GPS, etc. Tried smartassv2 and ondemand. Turned wallpaper off. With stock, usually if I turn off GPS and 3G (bad reception radio draws more power), my battery can last a day. Not with this beta unless I turn on Airplane mode.

So this is on Beta0.1. I wipe data/factory reset, formatted /system and cleared dalvik cache, then fresh install with gapps. Installed gmail, Yahoo! mail, hotmail with auto sync enabled. Plus a few other apps. And that's it!

You could try turning off auto sync for all those apps.. Having to constantly try and connect to 3g to auto sync 3 emails apps when you have bad service could drain the battery.. Right now I am at 92% of battery after 2 hours and 24 minutes..

Upvote 0

I hate to further clutter this thread but here goes:

I noticed you mention "Yahoo! Mail".. after intense investigation I tracked that down to a major cause of my battery shortage. This XDA Forum link explains further: Yahoo Mail causes major battery drain! - xda-developers

I personally recommend MailDroid for Yahoo! Mail. Others prefer K9.

EDIT: Also note I am at 95% battery, unplugged for three hours now. So it's not an issue with this ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones