• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

MMS is working fine for me as well... sending and receiving. I think I remember reading that Handcent SMS allows sending large MMS files over their server so maybe it would help? I have no idea for sure though, just thinking whilst typing.

Thank you Tickerguy for the JuiceDefender suggestion. A combination of that and the deep sleep w/o wifi on has increased my battery life SIGNIFICANTLY! Yesterday my battery, with normal use, was sucking up around 15% per hour and now I have had the phone unplugged for 4 hours and 30 minutes and the battery is at 84% with the same amount of use!

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
Okay thanks for the info on MMS, guys! I'll try out a third party messaging app. I should also note that I am using the Thundermod for full market access and I believe that it MAY have tampered with radio code in the build.prop by adding EvDo only.
Anyway, I tried receiving an MMS and I was able to receive a message from the sender that indicated it was a picture message as well as the attachment size. But upon hitting "Download" it was stuck on "Downloading.." and never moved. Which is odd because it does the same thing with sending.
I understand Go SMS Pro allows for custom APN settings. That may be my answer. I send pictures frequently so I hope to get to the bottom of this. If it turns out that Thundermod is the culprit, I will gladly do without it and remove it.

Reactions: antidae
Upvote 0
Nope like I want it there it just won't work , like okay try it on yours try to go full brightness and click it again see if the brightness goes back down .

He is right I thought mine was broke too.

in settings after you click widget buttons, scroll down to button modes and the click brightness modes, the put a checkmark in all the %'s you want used.

Reactions: eas014
Upvote 0
For those of you having connection and MMS issues that just sprouted up last night keep in mind that the east coast got blasted with a blizzard-like storm and there are several thousand people without power. This could mean that your service problems have nothing to do with this ROM and there is something wrong with Sprint's network since the storm. From what I can tell if you had service on any of the other ROMs released in this thread there is no reason you should be having issues now as long as it was flashed correctly.

Reactions: dsspain
Upvote 0
For those of you having connection and MMS issues that just sprouted up last night keep in mind that the east coast got blasted with a blizzard-like storm and there are several thousand people without power. This could mean that your service problems have nothing to do with this ROM and there is something wrong with Sprint's network since the storm. From what I can tell if you had service on any of the other ROMs released in this thread there is no reason you should be having issues now as long as it was flashed correctly.

Okay thanks, that's good advice.

Upvote 0
This has been discussed earlier in this thread somewhere. I believe they stated that it is upstream in cm7. Don't count on it being fixed anytime soon.

I know this is a huge thread but this issue has been talked about more than once in it.

Yup, just noticed this: https://github.com/ikarosdev/CM7_Triumph_bug_tracker/issues/24

One other question (which, of course may be answered in the thread so..apologies beforehand) but is Tickerguy continually merging upstream changes into this fork of CM7 or are we stuck at a specific revision?

Upvote 0
Yup, just noticed this: https://github.com/ikarosdev/CM7_Triumph_bug_tracker/issues/24

One other question (which, of course may be answered in the thread so..apologies beforehand) but is Tickerguy continually merging upstream changes into this fork of CM7 or are we stuck at a specific revision?
I don't mean to speak for him so take this with a grain of salt but he does seem to be merging them at his convenience if I remember correctly. If I'm wrong my apologies to both you and Tickerguy.

Upvote 0
I also wanted to report that I am getting excellent battery life using Juice Defender. Also wanted to check that I have everything set up correctly. As my settings stand I am leaving WiFi on but JD turns it off when I am not actively using the phone and then turns it on for 5 minutes every hour to sync or 2 minutes every half hour during peek time. Could anyone tell me if this prevent my phone from going into deep sleep or is this basically the same thing as it being turned off?

Upvote 0
Haven't tried receiving MMS. Just sending.. it sticks on "Sending.." and never sends. People say they never get them. Okay at least I know its working for others. I'll reboot and/or re-flash
Are you trying to send a picture? or just a long text that is converted into an mms?
For me, and many others, we can send pictures just fine, but text MMS does not work. You have to change your settings to split the text message into sms messages.

Upvote 0
Are you trying to send a picture? or just a long text that is converted into an mms?
For me, and many others, we can send pictures just fine, but text MMS does not work. You have to change your settings to split the text message into sms messages.

I try to send a picture, and it just sits at sending, this is with GOSMS, I tried it with the stock app, and it went fine.

Upvote 0
I try to send a picture, and it just sits at sending, this is with GOSMS, I tried it with the stock app, and it went fine.

Same thing happens upon receiving.. it sits at "Downloading.." but that happens to me with the Stock messaging app and while I'm on Wifi only. Go SMS pro works fine for me.

After researching this, I found this has been an issue with not just CM7 Triumph. Stock Triumph as well as stock Optimus and stock Intercept have this issue according to numerous youTube videos from users seeking help. From what I can gather this mainly happens when the WiFi is on. Since MMS uses 3G to send the picture.
I turned off WiFi and was able to send the picture message within seconds on CM7's stock messaging app. Also, was able to receive.
I downloaded Go SMS Pro from Market and manually entered Virgin Mobile's APN settings under Go SMS Pro's settings menu. I am now able to send and receive picture messages while on WiFi. Also, good thing too because I actually really like Go SMS Pro better than stock messaging and I would have never known that haha..

I have never noticed this issue before but I do remember MMS issues when I got the Optimus V the same day it came out. Issue occurred for several weeks.

Anyway, like most issues here, it is not ROM related but I am sharing this so others not being able to send MMS may gather some info. Try turning off WiFi (or disconnect from AP) and see if you are able to send/receive MMS.
Sorry to further clog up this thread with issues not directly related to Tickerguy's CM7 port.

EDIT: This is exactly what happens to me. Uploaded one week ago: Virgin Mobile MMS Problem - YouTube

Comments all say they turn off Wifi and are able to receive MMS just fine. Weird.

Upvote 0
Haven't tried receiving MMS. Just sending.. it sticks on "Sending.." and never sends. People say they never get them. Okay at least I know its working for others. I'll reboot and/or re-flash
I can't send mms when I have wifi enabled. It sticks at sending.. I need to disable wifi and resend or reboot.

Same receive problems as you. It gets the mms but can't actually download it. Again, wifi being on is the issue.

Upvote 0
I can't send mms when I have wifi enabled. It sticks at sending.. I need to disable wifi and resend or reboot.

Same receive problems as you. It gets the mms but can't actually download it. Again, wifi being on is the issue.

That also occurs on the stock ROM of the Triumph, Intercept, and Optimus according to other forums.
However, with Go SMS Pro I am able to send/receive regardless of WiFi status.

Upvote 0
When I downloaded the latest version, my micro sd card got corrupted. Now I can't access it, mount it, format it, nothing. Did this happen to anyone else or is it just a coincidence that it happened at that time? It was some no-name brand so that really wouldn't surprise me.

This happens to me too probably once every 2 months. If you have a card reader, plug it into your PC and repair the SD card. Works for me.

Upvote 0
Ticker, just curious, what was the problem with screenshots?
There's a permission missing in the CM7 build tree. It will NOT work on any CM7 build where access to the surface flinger (where it cannot get a direct grab off the framebuffer) is required as it cannot get access to the screen.

I forked that bit of the code and fixed it.

Reactions: Chingling
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones