• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.2.1 Android 2.2 FRF57

Hi there! I am new to Posting, but i have been on this forum since 1903. I love Bugless Beast roms and have usually never had any problem with them.....until this one. I dunno what it is but i keep getting Random reboots... and honestly it usually only does it if you happen to lock or unlock the phone via the top button. I have been running P3's 250-1250 Kernel since Froyo roms were available and never had any problems. The hottest it has gotten was 101degrees.. usually it cruises around 94(Farenheit btw).... anyways i havent lost faith in you tho. i wipe cache and data every time i load a new rom as well.

Upvote 0
No, there is no option. :) Just using the built in zip tool in Windows 7. Should I go and download winrar and use that?

What you need to do is download 7Zip (free) and Notepad++ (because Notepad inserts characters that will screw things up). Don't extract the zip file -- right click on it and click on 7Zip, then "Open archive." Then navigate to /system/etc/ and drag the the install-recovery.sh file to your desktop. Right click on the file and select "Edit with Notepad++." Scroll down to the very last line and change "2" to "1" then close Notepad++ and drag the file back to the 7Zip directory you took it out of. When it asks if you're sure you want to copy that file (or something to that effect), click "Yes." Then you can close the 7Zip file and you're done.

Upvote 0
K, downloaded that as well, no luck. :( All I did was change a 2 to a 1 and then zip the file back up. Is there something I should do as far as settings? I changed it to Store compression level. Any other settings I should set? Also, should I unzip it with something different?

See my post just above yours -- you don't unzip the file. Follow my directions and it will work -- I did it just this morning before I installed .0.2.1.

Reactions: yufice
Upvote 0
See my post just above yours -- you don't unzip the file. Follow my directions and it will work -- I did it just this morning before I installed .0.2.1.
We posted at roughly the same time. :) I didn't see your post till I posted mine. :) Just finished copying the file to my phone edited your way, trying now...

EDIT: Installing like a dream! Thanks GirLuvsDroid!

Upvote 0
I'm still using sprecovery. Is there an sbf that someone can give me to get clockwork running? I was never a rom manager user, but it seems to now be the official way to go. Can't find an sbf and I really want to get the ball rolling. Than ks again for your help.

You don't need sbf. Just download ROM Manager from the market and touch the button at the top to flash ClockworkMod Recovery. And, because of the issues created by Froyo, you'll need to go to the bottom, to "Flash Alternate Recovery" and have it flash SPRecovery once, then go back to the top and have it flash ClockworkMod Recovery again. Then the first thing you should do is make a nandroid backup using ClockworkMod Recovery, before you do anything else.

Reactions: yufice
Upvote 0
K, one last question. I see this version is still skipping the setup process, how am I to re-install my apps? Do they automatically re-install or am I going to have to go into the market and re-download them?

Man I hope it isn't the latter, why would you skip that process when it gives the users so much help in getting apps back on their phones?

Upvote 0
K, one last question. I see this version is still skipping the setup process, how am I to re-install my apps? Do they automatically re-install or am I going to have to go into the market and re-download them?

Man I hope it isn't the latter, why would you skip that process when it gives the users so much help in getting apps back on their phones?

I didn't wipe data before installing this, so I'm not positive this will work, but I suggest that you go into /system/settings/Accounts & sync and select "Add account" from the button at the bottom. Then select "Google" and you can sign in.

Upvote 0
It worked for me on v0.2 as well, but I'm asking about v0.2.1. It just says "Retry" in the widget.

Mine's doing the same thing and, because it was constantly trying to connect, my phone was running really hot. For now, I just changed out those widgets and my heat is back to normal. I would like a fix for that though -- was working great before I loaded .0.2.1 this morning.

Upvote 0
Mine's doing the same thing and, because it was constantly trying to connect, my phone was running really hot. For now, I just changed out those widgets and my heat is back to normal. I would like a fix for that though -- was working great before I loaded .0.2.1 this morning.

No news/weather app is a deal breaker for me. I might be able to go without it, but at the rate things have been moving I'm pretty sure this afternoon or tomorrow there'll be a fix, so I can wait to reflash my phone for the 60th time since Saturday June 5th.

Upvote 0
No news/weather app is a deal breaker for me. I might be able to go without it, but at the rate things have been moving I'm pretty sure this afternoon or tomorrow there'll be a fix, so I can wait to reflash my phone for the 60th time since Saturday June 5th.

I just GTalked with Pete about the GenieWidget issue and he said he understands that it's a global Google issue. I told him that surprised me because mine worked fine this morning before I installed 0.2.1 and others not on this version are reporting that theirs are working as well. He said he'll look into it, but he didn't change anything to do with the widget.

Upvote 0
Generally the changelog will be in the first post.

*Version 0.2.1 (6/16/10)
-Fixed Reboot/Shutdown issues
-Raised minumum cpu speed to 250Mhz (125Mhz was causing issues)
-Added information to /system/etc/sysctl.conf to help you fine tune Virtual Memory
and disabled my tweaks by default (I am still currently using my tweaks with no issues)
-Fixed Quick Office FC issues

I understand the change log, but this is the second thread for the SAME Rom. Maybe it's just me and my whacked out common sense Shrink, but wouldn't it just be less confusing to post the change log in the original thread along with a new link to the changed Rom? Can I get an epic face palm?

Upvote 0
I just GTalked with Pete about the GenieWidget issue and he said he understands that it's a global Google issue. I told him that surprised me because mine worked fine this morning before I installed 0.2.1 and others not on this version are reporting that theirs are working as well. He said he'll look into it, but he didn't change anything to do with the widget.

I was using 0.2.1 for about a day and gave up (because of other various bugs) and went back to 0.1. However, I just started to notice that my GenieWidget isn't working at all either. Selecting the actual app gives me outdated location, weather (as of a few hours ago), and outdated news.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones