• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

I just flashed this ROM and noticed the default browser doesn't have an exit button. I looked for a way to add it but wasn't able to find anything. Am I missing something?
No, it does not have an edit button, but because of the way Android manages memory there eealy shouldn't be a need for one. But if you feel the need for one, go to Settings > Applications > Development > Stop app via long-press which allows you to kill an app by long-pressing the back button.

Upvote 0
Whyzor, can you refresh my memory on what the default minfree settings are on this rom?

It's in one of the last lines in /etc/initd.d/99memory, just commented out with a # in front. If you remove the # it'll take effect next reboot.

Hey Whyzor, is there a way to disable S-GPS in the software for testing purposes? I have a hunch this may help with the GPS knocking data down to 1x. check this out: S-GPS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a listed feature for the triumph

Not sure if it's possible without changing source code & recompiling, or even if it works on the MT.

So it would have all my apps already installed with everything sync on that from the last time I did the NANDROID backup? or would I have to re-install al my apps like when I put on CM7?

Yes, a Nandroid takes a snapshot of everything, setup everything the way you want first (1-time), then backup. Future restores will take it from there.

Upvote 0
Could you take a look at the 2.3.4 WIP ROM? It has almost everything working (even HDMI) only thing it really needs is Data fixed and a few other bugs. Would it be possible to port the neccesities into CM7/9?

Its not too far off from completion just got Triumph's Ril working on it

- could use any help you can give Whyzor ;)

Upvote 0
Go SMS used to allow me to customize the notification alert sound for individual users.

The SMS message sent by VM every month was one that I silenced. The first month it woke me at midnight, and I decided that it should be silent.

Recently, I wrote a monitoring program that sends SMS messages to my phone, and wanted to change it's alert to something more obnoxious than my default, but was not able to make anything work.

Tonight I got my VM SMS alert around 10pm, but it was my default SMS alert sound.

Anyone else experience this with this latest ROM and another SMS or using Go SMS? Wondering if I should submit a bug to Go SMS or if it might be something new in cm7.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Go SMS used to allow me to customize the notification alert sound for individual users.

The SMS message sent by VM every month was one that I silenced. The first month it woke me at midnight, and I decided that it should be silent.

Recently, I wrote a monitoring program that sends SMS messages to my phone, and wanted to change it's alert to something more obnoxious than my default, but was not able to make anything work.

Tonight I got my VM SMS alert around 10pm, but it was my default SMS alert sound.

Anyone else experience this with this latest ROM and another SMS or using Go SMS? Wondering if I should submit a bug to Go SMS or if it might be something new in cm7.

Thanks.

Just to make sure. Did you disable the factory MMS? I have handcent and it works under the 3\25 build. In fact, it stoped the freezing thing it would do when I would scroll throught my conversations. Might have something to do with me doing a fresh load.

As for you issue, I can't think of anything, unless you have a missed message reminder that is going off and you are not noticing the initial message.?

Upvote 0
Just in case there are other GoSMS users here. I tracked down a lot of user complaints for releases that occurred in early March. So I guess this would be the first month that my VM SMS alert would have NOTbeen silent. It was just a coincidence that I wanted to ADD my codes SMS alerts in the last few weeks.

Seem like the problem is clearly with GoSMS across multiple phones. I sent them one more email message stating the hardware I noticed this issue on.

Upvote 0
The only thing I changed recently was to remove a number of rom applications that I never used.

I did get rid of the default SMS, browser, and adw.

I thought it might be aggravating the SMS issue, so I finally removed them.

I thought that the default sms app was necessary fot mms to work? Could someone tell me weather or not that's true?

Upvote 0
My phone goes into deeps sleep sometimes and it doesn't come out of it (sleep of death). It happened on the stock ROM, it still happens on this ROM. When it happens, the led still blinks but the phone is not working, so you're not receiving calls, texts, voice mails, emails. You have to pull the battery out to get it working again.

Upvote 0
My phone goes into deeps sleep sometimes and it doesn't come out of it (sleep of death). It happened on the stock ROM, it still happens on this ROM. When it happens, the led still blinks but the phone is not working, so you're not receiving calls, texts, voice mails, emails. You have to pull the battery out to get it working again.

Does your phone show that you had a missed call, or receive your texts when you get it up and running again?

Upvote 0
This is the first time I rom my Triumph, and for the most part, I love the new features added over stock Froyo.

... I just have 1 small issue.... some notifications are not working. Text notifications seem to work fine, but gmail, Blip.me and google+ notifications are not functioning.

I went to accounts & sync, under settings, and all items are checked off.

I had a DX a while ago and it also got rom'd. One thing I noticed in the installation was that the DX required a mount /system step. Was this step also necessary for the Triumph? If so, would this cause the notifications issues?

Thanks for your help. I don't want to go back to my nandroid backup of Froyo.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem going back to this rom.

I moved to Minimal Triumph (http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...rom-minimal-triumph-v1-0-7-update-3-22-a.html) because every version of TG Reloaded would stop waking up, and I'd have to pull the battery. I since saw advice not to use Titanium Backup to restore apps with a fresh install.

So I tried going back to the 3-25 version and using the 8-28 new talk version of gapps. I double checked the md5 sums. Now when I do a wipe data, wipe Dalvik cache, format /system, I flash the rom and gapps in order as I've always done. When I reboot the phone, it goes straight to the home screen, no market, nothing from gapps. It doesn't go to the initial setup screen.

Any advice? Particularly, anything new to try in CWR? It's version 5.0.2.6 if that helps/is important.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones