• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

I have been having the same battery drain issue since Wednesday. I am thinking it is an app update causing it. I went into CWM and deleted battery stats, cleared cache and cleared dalvik cache. The weirder part is that when my phone goes to 0% and dies, if I turn it back on, the phone shows ~ 50% battery left. Then it lasts a few more hours with light/moderate usage. I put cpu spy on and it shows the phone going into deep sleep.

Upvote 0
well, I think it's a safe bet what's causing it from this screen. I'm synced to my ou.edu email account through exchange. I've never had issues with this in the past on any other roms so I don't know why it would now.

Attachments

• screenshot-1334927648442.png
    screenshot-1334927648442.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
I would, yaz, fully charge the battery, then wipe battery info in CWM, then run it until it drains completely, then fully charge it again (calibrate).

For wakelocks, use CPU spy, Spare Parts to see which programs appear to run more than they should.

I just did a drain and full recharge overnight into this morning. I am seeing better battery performance now. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the transmit power of the Triumph's WiFi radio in milliwatts or how to change the values in this ROM?
If so, what is the safest maximum transmit power for the wifi radio chip.
I'm getting a 1000mw wireless router and want to know if the Triumph can transmit back to the router at a 1000mW?
My netbook's wireless network adaptor transmits at 200mw so I'm assuming the Triumph transmits at less but wondered if there is a file within this ROM that I can change the values for this safely?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the transmit power of the Triumph's WiFi radio in milliwatts or how to change the values in this ROM?
If so, what is the safest maximum transmit power for the wifi radio chip.
I'm getting a 1000mw wireless router and want to know if the Triumph can transmit back to the router at a 1000mW?
My netbook's wireless network adaptor transmits at 200mw so I'm assuming the Triumph transmits at less but wondered if there is a file within this ROM that I can change the values for this safely?

Not sure if/how to change the transmit power, but if you set it to 1000 mW ( = 1 watt!) your battery i is going to drain like it's going out of style (not to mention, it will probably overheat.)

I'd imagine that the Tx power is varied at the driver level already, based on your signal strength.

I'd suggest downloading an app that will tell you how congested each channel is, then set your router to transmit on the least crowded channel. This will up your throughput and range without sacrificing battery (should actually increase battery life on WiFi.) :thumbup:

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
Not sure if/how to change the transmit power, but if you set it to 1000 mW ( = 1 watt!) your battery i is going to drain like it's going out of style (not to mention, it will probably overheat.)

I'd imagine that the Tx power is varied at the driver level already, based on your signal strength.

I'd suggest downloading an app that will tell you how congested each channel is, then set your router to transmit on the least crowded channel. This will up your throughput and range without sacrificing battery (should actually increase battery life on WiFi.) :thumbup:

Thanks man!! Well, I can "see" my 1 Watt router from almost a quarter mile away but I can't communicate with it because my phone cannot transmit back to it. I looked in system/etc/firmware/wlan and found a file called "qcom_config.ini" and it seems the default is set to "30" but I'm not sure if that means milliwatts or dbm. I'm assuming it's milliwatts.
I don't want to clog up this thread on this issue but I was just wondering what the Max is for the wifi chip before it fries it. I guess I'm pretty much a tech junkie ;) Being in the radio business has made me obsessed with maxing out tx power on everything I own lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Can you have more than 5 home screens?

Took a lil looking but I think I found it, go to any home screen, press menu, press add with the pencil icon, scroll to the left or right and a green plus arrow will appear, that's add homepage, idk if theres a limit or not

Adw launcher settings u can enable workspace screen loop or something and it'll allow you to countine scroll thru the pages, like when u get to the end page on the right side it'll circle round to the last page on the left side

Reactions: drgb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones