• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion 4G LGMS770 (l0)

PlayfulGod

Extreme Android User
Jan 28, 2011
NW Georgia
unleashedprepaids.com
DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

Cyanogenmod.png

Here ya go folks, CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion!!! Well, let's be honest, unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.1 (Jellybean) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean

Version: 20130829
Developer(s): PlayfulGod
Description: CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion 4G
Source: github

CyanogenMod 10

What is this?

This is a build of the popular CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion 4G. This is built from source.

People to Thank

• CyanogenMod - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to this guys?
  • hroark13 - Sharing his working device tree.
  • 985hPaKicK - For making the LTE2 2nd-init recovery APK that works on this phone.
  • djrbliss - for his rooting guru'ness.
  • isaccj87 - for his help and knowledge.
  • BobZhome - for his help and input as well.
  • Sammyz - for his unbricking guide.
  • aboatright3605 - for debugging and testing.
  • Many others now that I will list when time allows. ;)

Whats Working??

• Almost everything

Whats Not Working??

• Video Recording at 1080p (its purple)

Changelog

• Initial Build
  • Booting w/ almost everything working.
  • GPS fixes added
  • Low call volume fixes added
  • More fixes for low volume
  • More fixes for low volume
  • Fixes for front camera
  • More fixes

Screenshots

• N/A

How do I install this?

1. Download the .zip & copy to phone or sdcard (make sure 4g or wifi is enabled if dl'd from phone).
  2. Zip can be installed from either internal or external sd in CWM (Which ever you copied it too!)
  3. MAKE A BACKUP!!!
  4. DO A FACTORY RESET!!! - this will wipe data & cache!
  5. Go to install zip from sdcard
  6. Choose zip from sdcard
  7. Select cm-10-xxxxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-l0.zip
  8. Confirm
  9. Repeat Steps 5 -8 for gapps
  10. Reboot

Downloads

NOTE for the ILLITERATE/LAZY: DO NOT INSTALL the LTE RECOVERY WITH CM10!!! IT HAS BEEN SAID TO BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!! A 2nd-init recovery is included already (subject to be removed) in CM10.

Donations

If you like our work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!
PlayfulGod

Ive been on BobZ build and got a few things working. My biggest nemesis has been the ring vibration is this working here? I can deal with camera issues..

I believe it was your gps fix you posted I added in, and the values for call volume you or someone posted in that thread too I added.

Wasnt aware of vibration issues, but see Bob pushed a fix for it, so will check that out. ;)

Upvote 0
I believe it was your gps fix you posted I added in, and the values for call volume you or someone posted in that thread too I added.

Wasnt aware of vibration issues, but see Bob pushed a fix for it, so will check that out. ;)

Thanks a bunch, I really need vibrate for my job and night time while my son is asleep. Glad I could do something to be apart of your work! Thanks for everything..

Upvote 0

Thanks a bunch, I really need vibrate for my job and night time while my son is asleep. Glad I could do something to be apart of your work! Thanks for everything..

I've been having that problem too but there have been many people who said vibration worked for them... Maybe it's an issue based on what firmware/rom you had before flashing or something... idk :p
I think the vibration is probably one of the few things that keep me from using cm10 on this phone - with the amount of texts I get plus how I don't really like my phone making noises while in lectures while still knowing someone texted me (computer science classes can sometimes be boring... :\ ) makes it so no vibration is a big deal to me.

I wonder if what swain did with the gps fix - (at least I assume) copying the original gps.default.so in our system/lib/hw from stock rom into cm could be changed to fix sensors, camera and vibration...
I mean on the system/lib/hw folder there's a camera.msm8960.so that maybe if we copy over it might fix the tint? :eek:
and I am not sure which of the .so's might have to do something with the vibration... my only guesses from the /hw library is hwcomposer or sensors.msm8960...

I don't know if that'd work at all - I assume that this folder is android's API which controls how hardware should interact and what can you do with it, etc. but I might be completely wrong...

I'm just throwing ideas :p

Thanks for all the help PG.

Upvote 0
new zip uploaded with BobZhome's vibration fixed added.
Or I guess that works too... I'll try this right meow when people *cough*Megan*cough* stop using my phone :p

~cheers

edit:
I have a question - if we flash this rom and then flash the rom-less paranoid android zip or paacman would it still have the vibration/volume/gps fixes or would we have to find the separate fixes for them and re-apply them?

Upvote 0
I've been having that problem too but there have been many people who said vibration worked for them... Maybe it's an issue based on what firmware/rom you had before flashing or something... idk :p
I think the vibration is probably one of the few things that keep me from using cm10 on this phone - with the amount of texts I get plus how I don't really like my phone making noises while in lectures while still knowing someone texted me (computer science classes can sometimes be boring... :\ ) makes it so no vibration is a big deal to me.

I wonder if what swain did with the gps fix - (at least I assume) copying the original gps.default.so in our system/lib/hw from stock rom into cm could be changed to fix sensors, camera and vibration...
I mean on the system/lib/hw folder there's a camera.msm8960.so that maybe if we copy over it might fix the tint? :eek:
and I am not sure which of the .so's might have to do something with the vibration... my only guesses from the /hw library is hwcomposer or sensors.msm8960...

I don't know if that'd work at all - I assume that this folder is android's API which controls how hardware should interact and what can you do with it, etc. but I might be completely wrong...

I'm just throwing ideas :p

Thanks for all the help PG.

I've looked into that and using most stock ics libs aren't going to work unless they're lg related (drm and divx) and written into the framework (I believe). The first thing I tried was the stock gps default and it didn't work. The stock conf does because it's an assisted configuration for gps...

Upvote 0
Or I guess that works too... I'll try this right meow when people *cough*Megan*cough* stop using my phone :p

~cheers

edit:
I have a question - if we flash this rom and then flash the rom-less paranoid android zip or paacman would it still have the vibration/volume/gps fixes or would we have to find the separate fixes for them and re-apply them?

All ports really do is change a few things in the framework and system ui mostly. But we really shouldn't clog up this thread with questions about ports.. You should ask johnny about his ports..

Reactions: Friendly Llama
Upvote 0

~cheers

edit:

vibration fixes are in system/xbin/cm10.tar (the ramdisk 2nd-init loads). The call volume fixes are in the build.prop. Far as other ROMs etc, no clue, all depends on what all their creators have in em. ;)

Reactions: Friendly Llama
Upvote 0
I've looked into that and using most stock ics libs aren't going to work unless they're lg related (drm and divx) and written into the framework (I believe). The first thing I tried was the stock gps default and it didn't work. The stock conf does because it's an assisted gps...

Alright :p That's good to know.

If you don't mind divulging though - where did you get the proper gps file? maybe we could get more parts from that phone's/rom system libraries?

edit: I just checked for Paranoid android and it flashes a different build.prop so the call volume fixes will probably not be the same unless I add them manually

as for the xbin, it doesn't flash anything to xbin so I think if we(I) flashed this rom as a base and then paranoid android I might end up with working vibration but maybe lower call volume.

I just wonder if maybe deleting build.prop from the flashable zip might make it so paranoid android doesn't boot... it's unlikely but still probable since I don't know exactly what routines android goes through when booting :p
But if we don't really need to build.prop in the zip then I think that would be a safe bet that it would work.

Thanks a lot, again - PG for clearing things out for me

Upvote 0
it would be easier just to add the call volume edits to the buildprop after flashing. because my ports do contain a buildprop with specific entries for the port. everything else should work fine. ;)

Alright, will do :p

I think I'll go to bob'z thread and look for the edits needed for the volume. I think it had something to do with changing the volume steps but I don't know.

or if PG can post what the changes he made for the latest edit are it'd be highly appreciated in case someone wants to try the same thing.;)

Upvote 0
Alright, will do :p

I think I'll go to bob'z thread and look for the edits needed for the volume. I think it had something to do with changing the volume steps but I don't know.

or if PG can post what the changes he made for the latest edit are it'd be highly appreciated in case someone wants to try the same thing.;)

I added Bob's cm10.tar to my device repo for the vibration fix and edit the the build.prop with the following for call volume:
Code:
ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=20
ro.config.vc_call_vol_default=15

Upvote 0
I added Bob's cm10.tar to my device repo for the vibration fix and edit the the build.prop with the following for call volume:
Code:
ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=20
ro.config.vc_call_vol_default=15

Thanks a lot :p

very much appreciated!

Now just for the record, mms is supposed to be working as is GPS, backlight, vibration etc.?

the only things not working are front face video and 1080p video?

I can live with that no problem :3

Thanks a lot PG and everyone else... again c;

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot :p

very much appreciated!

Now just for the record, mms is supposed to be working as is GPS, backlight, vibration etc.?

the only things not working are front face video and 1080p video?

I can live with that no problem :3

Thanks a lot PG and everyone else... again c;

So the in call volume is confirmed louder now?
it all needs tested and confirmed. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones