• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion 4G LGMS770 (l0)

I'm going to preface my post with saying thank you very much to everyone that has worked so hard on this project, and for those that are patient with people like me, who are completely lost. I've read through most of the posts in this thread, along with several other threads and sites, and I am failing miserably at installing the Cyanogenmod.

First of all, I have had no problem rooting my LG Motion. But I have several questions about the instructions from the OP.

Download the .zip & copy to phone or sdcard (make sure 4g or wifi is enabled if dl'd from phone).
Done, no problem. I copied both the cm-10 and gapps zips to my phone's internal SD card. However, these files are erased during my factory reset, so why is this the first step? I can only assume I'm doing something wrong already.
Zip can be installed from either internal or external sd in CWM (Which ever you copied it too!)
I'm assuming CWM stands for the Clockwordmod app. But when I install it, the LG Motion model isn't listed as a supported model. Other threads have said to install the LTE2 2nd-init Recovery app, but the OP clearly states "NOTE for the ILLITERATE/LAZY: DO NOT INSTALL the LTE RECOVERY WITH CM10!!! IT HAS BEEN SAID TO BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!! A 2nd-init recovery is included already (subject to be removed) in CM10." So this step just confuses me completely.
MAKE A BACKUP!!!
No problem here.
DO A FACTORY RESET!!! - this will wipe data & cache!
I did this, and got this image: http://theappslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/surgery.png. Is that bad? The phone eventually rebooted on it's own to a stock screen.
Go to install zip from sdcard.
Choose zip from sdcard
Select cm-10-xxxxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-l0.zip
Confirm
I did all of these steps by selecting the zip file from the ES File Explorer app. The files extracted fine to a folder with the same name of the zip file. Is that correct?
Repeat Steps 5 -8 for gapps
The gapps files extracted fine. Are they supposed to go in the same extract folder as the cm-10-xxxxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-l0.zip files, or in a folder of their own?
Done, and the phone looks like it's completely stock. No changes from out of the box, except that I do still have Root Access.

I'm very sorry for being so difficult, but if some kind soul would be willing to help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Put the ROM and gapps files on the external SD. factory reset doesn't erase exterrnal. Use 2nd init recovery to flash them. When you boot into cm10 do NOT reinstall 2nd init. You won't need it since it included in the ROM under the reboot menu.
If you rooted using the no pc method then you need to install busybox first to get 2ndinit to work. Its in the play store.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. The instructions are confusing because they specifically say "Zip can be installed from either internal or external sd in CWM (Which ever you copied it too!)" Then after that is the step to do a factory reset.

I've followed your steps, but 2nd init says "No files found" after I select install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard, then external_sd. I made sure the external_sd was mounted, and the zip files are indeed on it.

I did root using my PC.

I also just tried BusyBox, but I'm not having any luck there either.

Edit: I copied the zip files to the internal drive again and got it to work this time. Thanks johnny for your help!

Upvote 0
Good afternoon,

First off, thank you to everyone that has contributed to this. I am pretty much brand new to this, and this thread + Google searches made sure that my first attempt at Root/Customizing my LG Motion was not a complete and utter failure.

So, after reading all 18 pages of this thread, I am not quite sure if the bluetooth issues have been addressed or not? I didn't see a whole lot aside from it being a known issue. I am currently experiencing the issue with my Plantronics bluetooth headset connecting to the phone, but has no incoming/outgoing audio during calls.

My current setup is PlayfulGod's CM10 0903 build with camera, headphone, and audio fixes flashed (not sure if this build included those already) and Dirty Unicorn. I tried with just PG's CM10 first, and still no bluetooth. Am I missing something? If bluetooth does not work with this build, any suggestions on non-Stock roms that do?

I hope that this is enough info, but I can definitely provide more if necessary. Hope someone can help! Thanks.

Upvote 0
Awww, that is a shame. I really like this interface a lot better than the stock interface. I'll give Samurai a shot. It's this one here, correct? Samurai ROM - Android Creations

Thank you so much for getting back to me. These past few days have definitely been a learning experience.

I made Samurai rom for the LG Spirit. It does not work on the Motion, you'll just end up in a bootloop.

;)

Upvote 0
I made Samurai rom for the LG Spirit. It does not work on the Motion, you'll just end up in a bootloop.

;)
Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know so quickly, because I was thinking of trying it tonight when I got home from work. That would have been ugly.

I guess it's back to stock for now, since I really need working bluetooth. At least I learned something!

Upvote 0
Good rom except one problem. The MAC address reported by the wifi, wlan0, connection is always the same. I have tried re-flashing the rom hoping to see it would change but that makes no difference. Note this is not the result of the hardware having the MAC address the rom reports. I have two separate phones both with differing MAC addresses on stock rom but the same MAC address when using this rom. This is a problem when attempting to connect to the same router.

Upvote 0
Why does the bass not distort on Johnnyl1111's CM10 ROM? Was it a build.prop edit? If it was can someone send the necessary build.prop edits to make the bass not distort/work properly to the F6 dev forum? Especially for the developer for Carbon, which is the ROM I use. In the DSP Manager I mean. (Bass boost and EQ features) If you don't know what I mean the thump in my chest.

Upvote 0
Hi, I was trying to go back to stock I deleted everything. I went to delete my dalvik cache and then my phone got in to a a bootloop showing the lg logo and the android guy with a blue bar in the bottom. So when I try to do a factor reset I cant and I also cant get in to download mode. Please help I need my phone please and thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones