• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] JellyBeanSandwich

did you have these going before or after you were having problems with your touch and keyboard?
not exactly sure how those scripts will effect your phone since i havent even seen the kernel yet.

Yes I had all this since I rooted. I have to trick out every phone even at complete stock.
But it never showed these problems at stock or 76 just jbs. If I remember today I will do a force close check. That will easily tell me if it's the keyboard or not

Upvote 0
"Google Chrome->Bookmarks->Long Press Bookmark->Add to home screen" is what worked for me in the past. I have room on my home screen. But, the bookmark is not created - no error message. Strange. Is this Holo, Chrome, something else?
longpressing doesnt work for me either, and i updated the holo launcher HD on my phone.
it does, however work if you choose the bookmark from widgets drawer

Reactions: TheEmpathicEar
Upvote 0
I keep getting a status 7 error and cant boot at all just sits at huawei boot screen forever dont know what i did wrong also cant access sd card from computer so i cant put anything on there and dont have the time to get a warranty
*edit* Got short-stock to install but still wont boot past the huawei logo

Upvote 0
I keep getting a status 7 error and cant boot at all just sits at huawei boot screen forever dont know what i did wrong also cant access sd card from computer so i cant put anything on there and dont have the time to get a warranty
restore your backup.
its absolutely pertinent that you guys follow the directions and use external sdcard for backing up and storing roms

Reactions: TheEmpathicEar
Upvote 0

If you still have short-stock installed, try wiping all data in recovery and then reboot. Let us know if that worked.

Upvote 0
yeah i know but its also saying my root broke and something about fixing the root i click yes then just sits at the huawei logo.

as for the steps.
Back Up
Wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install from ext sd
then gave me the status 7 error
so tried to boot gave me huawei logo
went back into recovery tried to restore back up and says it restored
tried to boot still huawei logo

Upvote 0
still nothing on that one spec i dont understand I've flashed on the samsung admire dozens of times obviously its a new phone but the process is typically the same.
try advanced restore from external sd card, then find your back up..and restore /system and /cust then try to reboot.
without a proper working backup, i recommend you dont wipe anything until you can boot up

a back to stock rom is being worked on right now by ldrifta and myself.
can you post a picture of your recovery when it gives you the error?

Upvote 0
try advanced restore from external sd card, then find your back up..and restore /system and /cust then try to reboot.
without a proper working backup, i recommend you dont wipe anything until you can boot up

a back to stock rom is being worked on right now by ldrifta and myself.
can you post a picture of your recovery when it gives you the error?

ill see if this works and not at the moment

Upvote 0
yeah i know but its also saying my root broke and something about fixing the root i click yes then just sits at the huawei logo.

as for the steps.
Back Up
Wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install from ext sd
then gave me the status 7 error
so tried to boot gave me huawei logo
went back into recovery tried to restore back up and says it restored
tried to boot still huawei logo

you HAVE to backup to external sdcard..dont just hit "back up"
this was mentioned in the recovery thread where you got your recovery from..also confirm that youre using the recovery with the penguin
your root broke because the rom didnt flash all of your system files.
before you reboot from recovery..check and see if youre system and cust is mounted. if the rom didnt fully flash..then it didnt remount the partitions.

Upvote 0
both of these roms take about 3-5 minutes to reboot the first time after install because theyre deodexed
if you can get the stock76 rom to install..then you should be fine. if it doesnt boot up then you should go back into recovery and just wipe data factory reset and reboot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones