• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root | ROM | JUNE 10 | VirusROM Kingdom REVOlution | B1.3 | 2.3.3 | SENSE 3.0 |

Glad you got that figured out:D:D

It's like a brand new phone, you just have to figure where things are and what's ringing.

Have you set up a HTC Sense account yet? There are a few cool downloads from the HTC Hub

I haven't set it up yet since I have been to busy playing with all the other cool stuff. Do you have any idea on how to get the night mode color overlay?

Upvote 0
Just an update...I re-flashed this ROM again last night to my phone as well as my wife's since I accidentally deleted some apps that I wanted before I did my Titanium Backup. Anyway, we are now both have the wake lock issue...both phones now have the same up time and awake time after 12 hours. So I am assuming that I am going to have to downgrade the PRI to 1.77. My question is do I just put this on my SD root and flash it just like flashing a ROM? And also does this lower any type of performance of the phone since it is not the latest PRI?

The crazy thing is when I check the usage on both phones it is the display that is using the most...mine is 88% and my wife's is 33%. Would downgrading the PRI even fix this problem? Isn't PRI related to the actual cell service and communication?

Upvote 0
Just an update...I re-flashed this ROM again last night to my phone as well as my wife's since I accidentally deleted some apps that I wanted before I did my Titanium Backup. Anyway, we are now both have the wake lock issue...both phones now have the same up time and awake time after 12 hours. So I am assuming that I am going to have to downgrade the PRI to 1.77. My question is do I just put this on my SD root and flash it just like flashing a ROM? And also does this lower any type of performance of the phone since it is not the latest PRI?

flash like a rom, no wipe needed... and performance, imo, no difference...

Upvote 0
could you pass along the link for B1.4... all i'm locating is B1.3....
TIA

I got it from here (HTC EVO 4G: Sense 3.0 With Gingerbread Virus's B1.4), I'm just trying to figure out if this version was supposed to have the wake lock issue fixed or not...I can't seem to find a change log for it. I am also trying to figure out if doing this ([FIX] Wake Issue (Android OS) - Combination of Radio/PRI/NV/Wimax/GPS !Solved! - xda-developers) would be a smart idea or should just go with the 1.77 PRI downgrade and leave it at that.

Upvote 0
Now I am wondering if this is something that could be happening (xda-developers - View Single Post - ★ ☆ ★| ROM | JUN 10 | VirusROM Kingdom REVOlution | B1.3 | 2.3.3 | SENSE 3.0 | ★ ☆ ★), I guess I could just do the PRI downgrade already and see if that fixes the up time & wake time being the same.

check to see if this is checked....
menu / settings / power / fast boot....
if it is, uncheck it, see how it boots up after that....

Upvote 0
i believe having fast boot checked doesn't completely shut your phone off, that's why it boots so fast... thought that is what was meant in that thread link... could be wrong....

Oh O.K. I gotcha now...yeah I was more or less meaning for the up time awake time issue. Are you also going to do the GPS fix after flashing this ROM?

Upvote 0
I love this ROM and my only reason I haven't made it my daily ROM yet is because of it's size. So I just upgraded to a 16 GB MicroSD. Is there a link that tells me how I should go about partitioning and then setting up this ROM using the partition?

what class card do you have? it is recommended for class 4 or higher. but here is the guide i used:To Partition SD card and Flash KINGDOM Guide :D - xda-developers i would set swap to 32 and not zero like the guide said, however.

Reactions: funky_muzic
Upvote 0
Will partitioning my sdcard allow for less memory usage from the rom? I dl'ed B1.1 and it took up an uncomfortable amout huge memory - I was left with 45mb! Shortly thereafter I started getting fc's. If I partition the memory card, I should save some memory, correct? Is the gfx fix zip needed for B1.3? I thought I read somewhere that it was no longer necessary. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Will partitioning my sdcard allow for less memory usage from the rom? I dl'ed B1.1 and it took up an uncomfortable amout huge memory - I was left with 45mb! Shortly thereafter I started getting fc's. If I partition the memory card, I should save some memory, correct? Is the gfx fix zip needed for B1.3? I thought I read somewhere that it was no longer necessary. Thanks.

yep it is pretty much needed for this rom. it is huge(that's what she said!:eek:) so here is the guide i used:To Partition SD card and Flash KINGDOM Guide :D - xda-developers just make sure to set your swap at 32 and not at 0 like the guide says.

as far as the gfx fix not sure but i flashed it anyways. you can try it without it and see.

Reactions: corybantic
Upvote 0
Has anyone had an issue with your contact image not showing up in a text message chat?

yeah man, there is a fix over on xda...just search that or I will try and find it in a bit. Just so you know its a simple fix, you have to change permissions on one of the apks i just cant remember which one lol. I'll have to go back and search myself...i have the same issue and forgot which apk it was too...

Reactions: jl79
Upvote 0
yeah man, there is a fix over on xda...just search that or I will try and find it in a bit. Just so you know its a simple fix, you have to change permissions on one of the apks i just cant remember which one lol. I'll have to go back and search myself...i have the same issue and forgot which apk it was too...

Sweet thanks man! My wife keeps yelling at me that I screwed up her phone...I told her mine has the same problem and that I would try to figure it out.

I gonna go search it up...who ever finds it first can post it up.

Upvote 0
i really need help with flashing the Virus Rom with the sense 3.0. I have tried to do it through the boot loader and then through the ROM manager app that i have and they both produce the same result. It will install and then reboot, but during the reboot it will stay on the first screen where its says HTC EVO 4G with the white backround. It stayed that way for over an hour and im clueless on why or what to do, or if im doing something wrong. Cna someone please help me out.

Upvote 0
i really need help with flashing the Virus Rom with the sense 3.0. I have tried to do it through the boot loader and then through the ROM manager app that i have and they both produce the same result. It will install and then reboot, but during the reboot it will stay on the first screen where its says HTC EVO 4G with the white backround. It stayed that way for over an hour and im clueless on why or what to do, or if im doing something wrong. Cna someone please help me out.
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so first off i would not use rom manager. it is very buggy and have issues with not wiping very well. do everything manually. make sure that you make a nandroid and wipe cache, dalvik cache, and data. also i would recommend that you use vr superwipe to do an extra wipe before flashing. you can get it in the rom/kernel sticky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones