• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root | ROM | JUNE 10 | VirusROM Kingdom REVOlution | B1.3 | 2.3.3 | SENSE 3.0 |

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so first off i would not use rom manager. it is very buggy and have issues with not wiping very well. do everything manually. make sure that you make a nandroid and wipe cache, dalvik cache, and data. also i would recommend that you use vr superwipe to do an extra wipe before flashing. you can get it in the rom/kernel sticky.

ok i got the not using the manager part, but u kinda gotta dumb it down for me a lil plz cuz im still new at this

Upvote 0
ok i got the not using the manager part, but u kinda gotta dumb it down for me a lil plz cuz im still new at this

ok no worries.
so here you go:
download the virus romand also i would recommend that you download the vr superwip here: ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip. more on this later.
1. just download both files and transfer the files over to your sd card.
2. goto to recovery and make a nandroid backup
3. wipe dalvik cache, cache and system
4.next select intsall .zip from sd card
5. find vr superwipe(it just does a real good job at wiping to ensure that your rom has a clean environment to flash into)
6.next select install .zip from sd card again and select the ota rom file.
7. after it is done reboot. now the first reboot might take a bit longer as it has to build up dalvik cache. so be patient.

also this rom is really huge so it is recommended that you partition your card. here is the guide i used:To Partition SD card and Flash KINGDOM Guide :D - xda-developers. also if you are having issues with your phone not sleeping correctly, to downgrade your pri radio down to 1.77. you can do this after everything is done, but again not totally necessary.

you may want to try a different rom like mikg 2.1 to get some practice flashing roms before you try this one.

i hope that helps. if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

Reactions: Blueyd
Upvote 0
ok no worries.
so here you go:
download the virus romand also i would recommend that you download the vr superwip here: ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip. more on this later.
1. just download both files and transfer the files over to your sd card.
2. goto to recovery and make a nandroid backup
3. wipe dalvik cache, cache and system
4.next select intsall .zip from sd card
5. find vr superwipe(it just does a real good job at wiping to ensure that your rom has a clean environment to flash into)
6.next select install .zip from sd card again and select the ota rom file.
7. after it is done reboot. now the first reboot might take a bit longer as it has to build up dalvik cache. so be patient.

also this rom is really huge so it is recommended that you partition your card. here is the guide i used:To Partition SD card and Flash KINGDOM Guide :D - xda-developers. also if you are having issues with your phone not sleeping correctly, to downgrade your pri radio down to 1.77. you can do this after everything is done, but again not totally necessary.

you may want to try a different rom like mikg 2.1 to get some practice flashing roms before you try this one.

i hope that helps. if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

it got past the screen i mentioned b4 but then it got to the htc quietly brilliant screen and just kept flashing this screen over and over. o and the superwire isnt working. it kept saying that it had to abort the install. these might be 2 dumb questions but 1) would the times i tried to install the ROM and it failed effect me trying to do it now and 2) the ota u are talkin about it the sense 3 ROM correct?

Upvote 0
it got past the screen i mentioned b4 but then it got to the htc quietly brilliant screen and just kept flashing this screen over and over. o and the superwire isnt working. it kept saying that it had to abort the install. these might be 2 dumb questions but 1) would the times i tried to install the ROM and it failed effect me trying to do it now and 2) the ota u are talkin about it the sense 3 ROM correct?

1. no you should be ok that screen is the boot animation for this rom. this thing is huge so it may take a bit lomger. the main issue is wiping before you flash the rom. so make sure to wipe dalvik cache and cache and data. do it three times if you want. also i would really recommend using the vr superwipe and run it three times just to be on the safe side.

2.sorry i copied and pasted this from another post i made earlier. so replace the word ota for the kingdom rom .zip file.

any more questions please feel free to ask.

Reactions: Blueyd
Upvote 0
1. no you should be ok that screen is the boot animation for this rom. this thing is huge so it may take a bit lomger. the main issue is wiping before you flash the rom. so make sure to wipe dalvik cache and cache and data. do it three times if you want. also i would really recommend using the vr superwipe and run it three times just to be on the safe side.

2.sorry i copied and pasted this from another post i made earlier. so replace the word ota for the kingdom rom .zip file.

any more questions please feel free to ask.

is it fine that im using the clockworkmod recovery to do all of this?

Upvote 0
nice im glad that worked, but going forward i would really recommend that you switch recoveries. especially if you get the flashing bug like us flashaholics have. there will be some files that are not flashable in cwm 3+ because it use a script called edify. while most file are in amend. so amon ra 2.3 and cwm 2.6 are compatible with both scripts. also amon ra2.3 does a much better job in wiping then cwm. you can get the recoveries here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html

Upvote 0
nice im glad that worked, but going forward i would really recommend that you switch recoveries. especially if you get the flashing bug like us flashaholics have. there will be some files that are not flashable in cwm 3+ because it use a script called edify. while most file are in amend. so amon ra 2.3 and cwm 2.6 are compatible with both scripts. also amon ra2.3 does a much better job in wiping then cwm. you can get the recoveries here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html

Cool I will get on that. Here's my next thing.........been using it today and tryna geg fimiliar with it. I noticed that the battery life if not great and the because of the small about ofinternal memory on the EVO that you can barely put any apps on the phone cuz it has such little space left over. Also my internet browser closes sometimes, some widgets show up but dont work right and some apps don't even work. Is there any way in how to fix any of this.

O and how can I update to an updated version of this ROM when it is released

Upvote 0
ok so use this guide to partition your sd card and flash the rom again: To Partition SD card and Flash KINGDOM Guide :D - xda-developers. this rom is huge so you pretty much have to do this. and i would wipe again like 2-3 times before partitioning your card. that should take care of everything that is happening with the fc's and apps not working.

edit: as far as updating to the next rom. i would suggest that you get into practice of just wiping everything and flashing the update. you will basically have to start over, but you get use to it as long as you have titanium backup to backup and restore your apps and data.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so, since i moved to the evo 3d, i havent been payin much attention.. any news on the new 1.4? is it good? my brother still has 1.3 on his phone..

can i flash it without wiping everything?

1.4 Running the best for me, team our smoothly for days. Actually was having sense restarts on 1.3 with red theme. Flashed 1.4 directly over it only wiping caches, kept most of the theme and ran perfect I was pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0
Is PRI 1.77 still recommended? I know some had wakelocks with 1.93 (or whatever it was) but I think the new one has been working ok for pretty much everybody right?

I dunno cuz I use 1.77, its easy to check, settings, about phone, battery, wake time vs up time. If the phone has been off and they still match flash 1.77 in recovery. Pretty easy, no harm done...

Upvote 0
1.4 Running the best for me, team our smoothly for days. Actually was having sense restarts on 1.3 with red theme. Flashed 1.4 directly over it only wiping caches, kept most of the theme and ran perfect I was pleasantly surprised.

Been waiting for 1.4 but can't find the link. Don't see in among the 1000+ pages of the XDA OP (full disclosure - haven't read 'em all.):D Haven't stumbled across it at infectedrom.com either. Any help with the link?

Upvote 0
Been waiting for 1.4 but can't find the link. Don't see in among the 1000+ pages of the XDA OP (full disclosure - haven't read 'em all.):D Haven't stumbled across it at infectedrom.com either. Any help with the link?

You need to follow infected ROM on Twitter, that's virus, he links everything from there now. 1.4 is nightly 6/23 and up.

Reactions: davvy1856
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones