• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager Backup/Restore glitch ???

Ok I have been lookin for the answer to this and it is just eluding me... I have been running Skyraider - Cyan with the "HeyitsLou" kernal with no problems and a while back I cleared off all my old backups.. yesterday I did a back up with rom manager (paid version) as well as with titanium pro and everything seemed to go like normal.. here's were it gets fun :(

I downloaded and wiped and installed CM nightly#38 to check it out and went to use titanium to restore my apps and it kept getting FC's so I decided to use clockwork and restored back to the back up that I did yesterday (only one on phone to choose from) the strange part is that after doing the Rom Manager restore and the titanium restore... none of the setttings or widgets are the same on my phone it is basically like I did a new install of Skyraider.. for example I was using the Sense clock on my homescreen and now can't even find it.. none of my widgets or apps are on any of the homescreens... I've done backup/restore a few times when was bouncing Rom's and everytime when I'd restore it would be back to exactly how it was when I backed it up...

Is there something I'm missing here or is it a glitch in the new clockwork recovery that comes with upgrading Rom Manager to the paid version ????

Any advice would be great !!! Thanks

Ok I have been lookin for the answer to this and it is just eluding me... I have been running Skyraider - Cyan with the "HeyitsLou" kernal with no problems and a while back I cleared off all my old backups.. yesterday I did a back up with rom manager (paid version) as well as with titanium pro and everything seemed to go like normal.. here's were it gets fun :(

I downloaded and wiped and installed CM nightly#38 to check it out and went to use titanium to restore my apps and it kept getting FC's so I decided to use clockwork and restored back to the back up that I did yesterday (only one on phone to choose from) the strange part is that after doing the Rom Manager restore and the titanium restore... none of the setttings or widgets are the same on my phone it is basically like I did a new install of Skyraider.. for example I was using the Sense clock on my homescreen and now can't even find it.. none of my widgets or apps are on any of the homescreens... I've done backup/restore a few times when was bouncing Rom's and everytime when I'd restore it would be back to exactly how it was when I backed it up...

Is there something I'm missing here or is it a glitch in the new clockwork recovery that comes with upgrading Rom Manager to the paid version ????

Any advice would be great !!! Thanks
If your backups are from before you upgraded to CWM v3 then go into ROM Manager and scroll to the bottom and go into All CWM Recoveries and install 2.5.1.2. Then try your restore again

Reactions: Calikid1975
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones