• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager Backups

I deleted update.zip and re-downloaded it and still no go. The SD card is not full. I can still do backups from the bootstrap app.

Been trying to read up for you. It looks like this is a common occurrence. Fix seem like it is to erase the current recovery and reinstall but the option is no longer in ROM Manager. Alternate fix is to flash an older version of Clockwork Recovery and then reflash the current version. Unfortunately all the old versions error out.

I wish I could be more help. I am trying everything I can think of but mine just works....It would be easier for me to figure out if I was having the same problem as you.

GMB

Upvote 0
Anything, not really sure what I would like, heard Rubix was cool? Which files do I need to copy and where do I need to copy them?

thanks for all the help.

Different ROM's have different install requirements. It's important to throughly read and follow the directions for each ROM. For Rubix,

1) Download the ROM and place on the SDcard anywhere you want.

2) Open Bootstrap app and select Boostrap recovery, grant permission and select reboot recovery.

3) In recovery select Backup and Restore

4)Select Backup and let it do its thing

5)After backup is complete press the POWER button until you are back to the main menu

6)Select wipe data/factory reset, scroll down to YES and select

7) Select wipe cache partition, scroll down to YES and select

8)Select install zip from SDcard and navigate to the Rubix zip and install

9) After install is complete select Reboot. First boot will take a while.

GMB

Upvote 0
You bet, you can do everything from recovery. You don't really need ROM Manager for anything on the DX. What ROM are you wanting to try?GMB
Yep, I was gonna say this after reading the first few comments in this thread. The same held tru for the D2, as long as you have Bootstrap, flash bootstrap recovery, once it says success, reboot recovery, make your backups and restores from there. I pretty much got used to doing that with the D1. Everytime, after froyo, if you hit reboot recovery from rom manager, you'd be stuck with the M logo.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
I guess I'm lazy. Rom mgr nearly does everything for me and I love it. I just start it off, put the phone down and watch Star Trek TNG or talk to my friend, GMB on Gtalk. ;) Works for me.

I don't know that the GMB convo is mandatory, but I think Star Trek is. ;). Sorry I couldn't help you with it.

Upvote 0
Well I found it, just wanted to get it from someplace safe :)

I got it installed and like it so far :)

I did a fullback using titanium backup. what did I need to restore to get my call log back?

RubiX is one of the best. I just ran 1.8.6 since its release and just flashed 152 Blurry earlier this morning.

You really shouldn't be restoring bits and pieces of your back up without expecting problems. How important is your call log to you?

Soryy I was MIA for a minute there, have a sick baby :(

GMB

(l..o..l at the Star Trek link :) )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones