• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MidnightRom: Sense 1.5.4

Epic. I just flashed this today. Great work.

Weird thought though. included goo.im app shows updates you said. I see no goo.im app. Is it just a script sort of deal where we can't access it unless there's an update available?

Just wondering, really.

Oh, and is there a way to turn off the screen coming on whenever I receive a text? I cannot seem to find that setting...

Upvote 0
The beats icon shows up even with out the headphones plug in. It shows up with speakerphone. You might not have set the beats setting in music player settings

I've never used the speaker for audio playback for obvious reasons, however when I plug my headphones in a beats icon shows in my status bar and in the notification pull down there's an option to enable/disable beats. Just tried for sh*ts and giggles and as soon as I disconnect my headphones while using the stock player the beats notification disappears from the status bar and pull down menu so at least on my setup it's only available with headphones and not the internal speaker.

Reactions: beachbum41
Upvote 0
Were you using the stock player because mine is definitely working and has for quite some time on this rom, the icon in the notification bar is red when beats is enabled and when I disabled it in the pull down it changes to a grey icon. Using the stock music app does it show up when you hit the menu and go to sound enhancement?

Upvote 0
Were you using the stock player because mine is definitely working and has for quite some time on this rom, the icon in the notification bar is red when beats is enabled and when I disabled it in the pull down it changes to a grey icon. Using the stock music app does it show up when you hit the menu and go to sound enhancement?

I'll give it a shot after I re-flash the rom. Figure, a lot of mistakes can be cured by a flash. Maybe I didn't wipe everything, which is possible. I'm going to flash, put some music on, and go from there.

Upvote 0
STill no beats im going to reflash and see what happens. I think the drivers are there but no icon or eq controls and it seems to have broke all my other eqs on my phone and when i go into market to dl it said there seems to already be an installation of beat.. Oh one more thing it also soft bricked my phone. this seems to be an issue with the new beats update with alot of other users too i just googled it and there seems to be an issue. I would also like to no how you supposed to delete the drivers if you dont want this beats app?

Upvote 0
STill no beats im going to reflash and see what happens. I think the drivers are there but no icon or eq controls and it seems to have broke all my other eqs on my phone and when i go into market to dl it said there seems to already be an installation of beat.. Oh one more thing it also soft bricked my phone. this seems to be an issue with the new beats update with alot of other users too i just googled it and there seems to be an issue. I would also like to no how you supposed to delete the drivers if you dont want this beats app?

I'll have to see later to be sure, but there's an HTCBeatsNotify.apk in system/app I think. There may be more to it than just that.

Upvote 0
sorry everyone i figured it out the beats showed up and its working fine. i guess i will keep my phone till the next thing i cant figure out. lol

Instead of just saying that it's fixed isn't very helpful, please explain what you did to correct the problem so that others can benefit from your journey. Also you mentioned in a previous post about beats settings, there are none, it's either on or off. That's the extent of adjustment available to the enhancer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones