• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]-[MikRoms]-Incredible 2 HD v4.0.2[sense 3.5 GB 2.3.5]

There is a test ROM up.

newtoroot said:
alright guys i cant find any of my testers so im going to post this here for you all to try this IS NOT THE RELEASE!!!! it is a test i need you to find all the bugs you can so i can get them fixed before i release it in the next few days.... i will also be adding more to this rom to but this is what i have right now..... there is a little bug on first boot to be aware of it gets stuck loading setup wizard so what you do is wait for it to load the status bar pull it down and do a hot restart and then itll be fine... like i said working out bugs just need some of you to find the rest for me

andybones said:
here ya go dudes
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

MD5 = E253C87001608338C42207E7796ABE74

Upvote 0
I'm a total newb on this stuff. I am sick unto death with HTC's non-support and want to get the phone cleaned up. But I have a host of Amazon free paid apps, etc. that I cannot afford to lose. Ditto for the address book, calendar, Ez-Tether, etc. Also, GSM support is a must (headed to Germany in a couple of weeks). Does this all die if I root and upgrade to 2.3.5 and Sense 3.5?

Upvote 0
I'm a total newb on this stuff. I am sick unto death with HTC's non-support and want to get the phone cleaned up. But I have a host of Amazon free paid apps, etc. that I cannot afford to lose. Ditto for the address book, calendar, Ez-Tether, etc. Also, GSM support is a must (headed to Germany in a couple of weeks). Does this all die if I root and upgrade to 2.3.5 and Sense 3.5?

Your apps you can back up with Titanium or App Manager, your calendar and contacts can be backed up with your google account, and as long as you pick a ROM that has GSM (do your research) you should be fine.
Always do your NAND backups before changing anything!

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Very nice. Just put it on the wife's Dinc2. The animations and tweaks are great. Buttery smooth operation. Nice to see the wifi toggle widget actually act as a toggle widget too (It doesn't on my Rezound). I couldn't find a home screen icon for voicemail though and the battery and signal bar color tweaks didn't do anything. The clock color was the only one that worked. I don't really care. Just sayin'. I really like it overall. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,
Yesterday I rooted and installed this ROM, and I love it. I am only having two minor issues, unrelated to the ROM and wondered if anybody can help.

1. I am getting a message from VZWNMN :1 with an exclamation point. I am assuming that is from Verizon, but can I stop it?

2. I had previously sync'd my contacts with Verizon, and I can see the contacts online, but can I get them back to my phone without having to type all of them in again?

Thanks in advance,
Leonard

Upvote 0
Hi,
Yesterday I rooted and installed this ROM, and I love it. I am only having two minor issues, unrelated to the ROM and wondered if anybody can help.

1. I am getting a message from VZWNMN :1 with an exclamation point. I am assuming that is from Verizon, but can I stop it?

2. I had previously sync'd my contacts with Verizon, and I can see the contacts online, but can I get them back to my phone without having to type all of them in again?

Thanks in advance,
Leonard

Ok, I got my contacts back. I exported them out of Verizon, uploaded the csv into gmail and then sync'd my contacts.

Still curious about the other issue though, and once again, I love this ROM.

Leonard

Upvote 0
...I am getting a message from VZWNMN :1 with an exclamation point. I am assuming that is from Verizon, but can I stop it?
You can stop it by calling VZ and having them turn off the auto backup that they added to your service (without asking you). That's how I stopped it. I don't remember what it was called exactly, but they will probably know right away what you're talking about.
I think it might be backup assistant plus or something. Which you could just remove from online.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I noticed that I am having the same problem with the MMS messages. I didn't even know it was a problem until I read this thread. I set my max size to 1M but they never go through.

I just installed this last week, so I am fairly certain I am running the latest one, I downloaded 1.1, unless I did miss a patch someplace. Is there a patch?

Thanks,
Leonard

Upvote 0
lwmiller, there is no patch for RLS1.1

Double check your settings to make sure the 1M setting "stuck" and all other settings are in proper order. Are you using stock messaging app, or something like Handcent?
Have your tried the APN fix I posted?
Any more info you van give?

There isn't any problem inherent in the rom to make mms not work, so you either changed something or the install was faulty in which case you should DL again, check the MD5, and reinstall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones