• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom] miui4dx 1.8.19[updated 8/23/2011]

to clarify..

I'm SBF'ing now back to .340 from the two-part GB (on my mac - awesomeness, thanks aggie)..

I'll root with z4root, install DX (or maybe D2??) bootstrapper, and then install the MIUI zip and that's it?

thanks in advance for confirming this..(i like to measure 2x before i cut, so to speak)

Upvote 0
to clarify..

I'm SBF'ing now back to .340 from the two-part GB (on my mac - awesomeness, thanks aggie)..

I'll root with z4root, install DX (or maybe D2??) bootstrapper, and then install the MIUI zip and that's it?

thanks in advance for confirming this..(i like to measure 2x before i cut, so to speak)

yes, and you would use DX bootstrapper

Upvote 0
Very nice rom. I do need my Widgets and stuff, so I won't be staying on it for much longer.

What widgets?

After a day on MIUI, I don't think I'll go back to CM7. It's got everything CM7 has and more. Very smooth; no hiccups at all. Also connects quickly to my router, something stock blur and CM7 did not do.

Can't wait till the bugs are worked out...

snap20110723_230047.jpg
As you can see, I'm using LPP. :)

Edit: D2 bootstrap is recommended. DX should work too though.

Upvote 0
I have noticed something. When I was outside today in the sun. I had my phone on auto brightness and when I would wake it up it would be really dim and then light up with a delay of almost .5 of a second. It's kinda annoying with music controls and anything else on the lockscreen. But I can't replicate it now. Hopefully it was only out there. Another thing. I decided to see how long I can go with the stock launcher but I'm not sure. I will probably go back to LPP. Here's my problem: with the dock apps I wanted to switch out the stock browser with Dolphin HD. Well then I didn't like the way the icon was smaller in the dock than the others because I'm annoyed by that I wanted to put the stock browser back. Only problem is I can't find it anywhere to put it in the dock. Any Ideas? And I'm getting around no app drawer by using the heck out of the folders. Overall it's been really nice so far. I really like this whole UI.

Upvote 0
Loving the custom lockscreens. :)

What is the "stuff" you're referring to? As mentioned before, you can still have your widgets (and app drawer).... just use a different launcher. ;)

Good question: I knew someone would ask it. Stuff=blur. :) I like the blur news, weather, social messaging and mail widgets. I use them often. I also want full functionality. (camera).

It's a nice rom. It's light and fleet of foot. I've kind of gotten used to blur, though. This isn't enough to wow me. Sorry guys.

Upvote 0
You still have every single widget, and the ability to change your lockscreen is awesome, my lockscreen currently is a zipper! i can unzip my phone!

I really am loving this room, the customization is unbelievable.

No you don't. No blur means none of the widgets that come with the stock rom are on there which are the ones he likes. Can't we let steven pass this one up in peace!?!

Upvote 0
Just found out a tip...hit the menu button and volume down button to take a screenshot.

Good question: I knew someone would ask it. Stuff=blur. :) I like the blur news, weather, social messaging and mail widgets. I use them often. I also want full functionality. (camera).

It's a nice rom. It's light and fleet of foot. I've kind of gotten used to blur, though. This isn't enough to wow me. Sorry guys.

Ah! That makes perfect sense.

Has anybody tried installing any of the 5 point lockscreens? I installed one but had trouble removing it from the lockscreen. It was very laggy and would not respond at all at times.

I've installed them just fine with no issues through the theme manager.

Upvote 0
I have yet to get this to install. Im on cm7 now whats the procedure from here?

From the link in the OP

rootzwiki thread said:
You MUST be on CyanogenMod 7 or .340 Froyo to flash this rom!
Remember to wipe before flash!
On 1.7.22.1: It is on Rom Manager, Click Check for Updates!
You must go into settings and change resolution of MIUI Camera to get it to work.
Do not wipe to install it.
Market apps are fixed!

Upvote 0
The new patch fixed all the missing apps, torch and etc. To be honest I don't think this ROM is in Beta anymore... I believe after this patch it is fully functional and I love it... guess I like the look of the iPhone but the ability to have my widgets. Only thing I don't like is I want to have scrolling widgets... seems stock launcher cant do that... I know I can go back to LPP, but I can't if I want to keep the same feel of Miui.

Upvote 0
The new patch fixed all the missing apps, torch and etc. To be honest I don't think this ROM is in Beta anymore... I believe after this patch it is fully functional and I love it... guess I like the look of the iPhone but the ability to have my widgets. Only thing I don't like is I want to have scrolling widgets... seems stock launcher cant do that... I know I can go back to LPP, but I can't if I want to keep the same feel of Miui.

That's the compromise I had to make; the launcher/LPP widgets are the only thing I could not accept. Other than that, I'm really loving MIUI; it just needs to be updated to fix the mediaserver and android OS bugs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones