• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{MS840} Number_Two v1.8 ~ ZVA

oKz5GfU4
6MSsk6dT
1pltNd8Y

Upvote 0
The problem with the charging icon was a issue in both PG and BO kernel, so with number 2 kernel works perfect sorry about thinking it was the rom ;).
About bluetooth, the problem is in all BO based roms but pg said a few days ago that he fixed that but was to lazy to compile it so we may wait till he releases it. theres no hurry guys, just do your best :D

Upvote 0
The problem with the charging icon was a issue in both PG and BO kernel, so with number 2 kernel works perfect sorry about thinking it was the rom ;).
About bluetooth, the problem is in all BO based roms but pg said a few days ago that he fixed that but was to lazy to compile it so we may wait till he releases it. theres no hurry guys, just do your best :D
ok so im assuming the issue [BT] is kernel related then...? in that case than i may just push 1 more update untill we find out whats wrong..

Upvote 0
Ldrifta, if you are using the stock kernel [which is why the bootlogo and chargeimages work at boot and powered off. I mentioned this in a earlier post], there is no way it is the kernel. I am not sure which one you used, but I am assuming it is the stock one. My guess is that certain files must be missing or it could also be that we need to properly deodex and apply the stock Settings.apk that came with the Connect [which I already attempted to do, but failed. Again, explained in an earlier post.] I released a fix for TTS which was not working on any of the three custom ROMs, so it would be no surprise if the Bluetooth issue is also due to missing files like TTS' problem was. We just need to find out which files are missing. :/ The best way to go around this is to compare files between a cwm stock backup and a compiled ROM flashable zip.

Upvote 0
Ldrifta, if you are using the stock kernel [which is why the bootlogo and chargeimages work at boot and powered off. I mentioned this in a earlier post], there is no way it is the kernel. I am not sure which one you used, but I am assuming it is the stock one. My guess is that certain files must be missing or it could also be that we need to properly deodex and apply the stock Settings.apk that came with the Connect [which I already attempted to do, but failed. Again, explained in an earlier post.] I released a fix for TTS which was not working on any of the three custom ROMs, so it would be no surprise if the Bluetooth issue is also due to missing files like TTS' problem was. We just need to find out which files are missing. :/ The best way to go around this is to compare files between a cwm stock backup and a compiled ROM flashable zip.
well yeah my kernel is basically stock.. but with esteem we needed to add hdmi resources into the source (borrowed from lg-revo)

so my guess was maybe all 3 of us compiled a connect kernel and we all missed this BT issue :D so it very well couldb e the kernel.. i had a copy of stock de-odex and im pretty sure i grabbed all important apk's.. even some MT didn't include in the BO Rom.. but who knows...

Upvote 0
I am able to pair up with my bluetooth headset and i have this ROM... ? i havent added any new kernel or tweaked anything, just whatever Ldrifta has put out. And to test it out real quick, i just paired up with my brothers phone, and its all good :D. The only thing i can remember doing is that i had v1.1, then i flashed the BP kernel so i could OC, noticed that it lagged my phone when i added profiles in setcpu, so i ended up reflashing my backup that i had made of 1.1 before flashing the BP kernel, and yeah... thats it, haha i dont know if that would make any difference, but bluetooth working over here =)

OH!! and charging icon, when the phone is off, i have no problem with it. The only two things that i can think of that are missing or need fixing in this ROM is ust the top buttons of the notification pull down (wifi, BT, ringer, etc) are getting grouped up to the left when in landscape, and cant overclock. Y U NO OVERclock, haha but thats it really. Thanks so much man, you have created a friggin master piece :D

Reactions: LDrifta
Upvote 0
I am able to pair up with my bluetooth headset and i have this ROM... ? i havent added any new kernel or tweaked anything, just whatever Ldrifta has put out. And to test it out real quick, i just paired up with my brothers phone, and its all good :D. The only thing i can remember doing is that i had v1.1, then i flashed the BP kernel so i could OC, noticed that it lagged my phone when i added profiles in setcpu, so i ended up reflashing my backup that i had made of 1.1 before flashing the BP kernel, and yeah... thats it, haha i dont know if that would make any difference, but bluetooth working over here =)

OH!! and charging icon, when the phone is off, i have no problem with it. The only two things that i can think of that are missing or need fixing in this ROM is ust the top buttons of the notification pull down (wifi, BT, ringer, etc) are getting grouped up to the left when in landscape, and cant overclock. Y U NO OVERclock, haha but thats it really. Thanks so much man, you have created a friggin master piece :D

When you first paired with your brother's phone, was the device already saved in your list of paired devices? Or was it a new device that has never been paired with your phone?

The problem with Bluetooth pairing is only when you try to pair it with a -new- device that has never been paired with the Connect before. It does pair perfectly fine with devices already saved on the Connect. Try pairing with a device you have never paired before and you will see what happens.

This is also why a workaround was to switch ROMs, go back to stock, pair with a new Bluetooth device, backup those settings, switch back to custom ROM, restore Bluetooth settings, and all good. :)

Upvote 0
When you first paired with your brother's phone, was the device already saved in your list of paired devices? Or was it a new device that has never been paired with your phone?

The problem with Bluetooth pairing is only when you try to pair it with a -new- device that has never been paired with the Connect before. It does pair perfectly fine with devices already saved on the Connect. Try pairing with a device you have never paired before and you will see what happens.

This is also why a workaround was to switch ROMs, go back to stock, pair with a new Bluetooth device, backup those settings, switch back to custom ROM, restore Bluetooth settings, and all good. :)

Yeah! I never paired with my brothers phone nor have I ever paired with my BT headset, and they both paired up with this ROM. I'll test out a few other devices in the morning, but yeah definitely am able to pair up. I know that I have paired up with my bros phone in the BP ROM, but I also know that this is the first time Ive ever paired up with this headset, and that is on this ROM =) v1.1 (haven't updated to 1.2 yet, too lazy :p )

Edit:
Oh and just to add more details. No these devices were not in my list of paired devices. My list was empty

Upvote 0
sadly today my clocking stopped sticking when I updated romtoolbox, uninstalled and ran the lite version still no sticking, put on no frills and it was sticking but got random reboots.
i seem to remember an older version of rom toolbox, i swear pg & mt only use this 1 version of it lol maybe try grabbing it from they're roms and try that? are you just underclocking? bcuz my kernel on cennect dont OC (yet) lol

Upvote 0
I dirty flashed 1.2 today over over 1.1, then I went ahead and flashed the stock lock-screen and the mms2.zip.

I vote mms2 should be integrated into #2 v1.3 :p.

I personally like the stock lock screen better, but is there a way to change the "MetroPCS" on it?, I wanna change it to something like....I dunno.. Schtolteheim Reinbach IV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones