• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM10 build 20120825 [ALPHA]

Hey is there anyway to apply the newest upgrades (camera working) from CM9 and get CM10 rolling? Im sure I could get moving if someone was able to show me where to get started.

Thanks

I can get you started. The fixes would still be hard to do, though. You can have at it. I know bSydz and Rukin have made some headway, but it has been a tough road.

Upvote 0
bSydz and Rukin, can you guys post your most recent work on CM10? How does one go from a cyanogenmod Rom and format it to even be able to run on our phones? If its easy enough perhaps we should grab the latest 10.1 and run from that. What do i need to do to be able to run 10.1 on my phone? Is there a compatible phone on CM that is similar enough to ours?

Thanks

All my latest edits are on the github

I believe I have it booting and everything working, but porting over the camerahal and the data fix are still WIPs

Reactions: calitrippin
Upvote 0
My main question is how do we go from CM10.1 and put it onto our phone?

you need to port over the code to work for cm10.1. Right now, I have everything building for 10.1, but it needs some kernel work done. It has a flashing black screen on bootup that I can't get a logcat for. So as of right now, it's not in a usable state. Might need more time, or might not even come to the triumph in its lifetime. Who knows :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones