• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Myn's Warm Two Point Two By Incubus26Jc [RLS2] [10-15-10] Have It Your Way

I'm with you and unfortunately, the original HTC_IME keybaord won't flash over the modded one. Best solution I've found is the new Gingerbread keyboard by Incubus made especially for this Rom:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Gingerbread System dump DEVS HELP!

I just saw that and was thinking of flashing it. I found a swype apk on my laptop so I've been using that when I'm in a rush so I'm ok for keyboards right now. I'm gona wait a few days and see what the general reaction is it using it and then I'll go from there.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed slow charging times on this release? I had really gotten used to the kernel to speed up charging time, I'm assuming the kernel that comes in warm isn't based off that HTC one? Or is the slow charge time a figment of my imagination?
That's the one beef I have with this rom. It charges extremely slow as is, and if you're on it while charging forget about it. Is there any fix for it?

Upvote 0
I flashed Lou's #4 Kernel and have noticed decreased charging times which is great. It seems to be easier on the battery as well. The Kernel is undeclocked by default with the screen off to 245/245 which helps a lot.

As far as the 2.3 keyboard, It's really grown on me and it's now my daily driver.

This ROM is quickly becoming my favorite ROM I've ever flashed (including on my Eris). It's simply amazing!

Upvote 0
Well I been running this rom for 2 days now, and it's absolutely amazing.

I installed Lou's #6 kernel, launcher pro,speedo battery meter, redemptive dialer.

So far my battery life is great and my phone charges faster than it ever has.

My only issue, I have speedo battery but when I try to install the clear notification bar it removes my speedo meter and the bar is only clear while the screen is locked. But I still love the black bar.

Upvote 0
So I thought everything had been going absolutely amazing with this rom until I tried the GPS yesterday and it wouldn't find the GPS. It justs stays on "searching for GPS." Anybody else having any issues or have a fix?

me too. I just flashed RLS4 on Sunday but didn't check out GPS until I read your post. I use the GPS Test app to check GPS status. First attempt at GPS, the phone did not register any sats in view. Second attempt it recognized 1-2 sats in view but did not acquire them. I let it sit in this state for about 10 minutes and then it finally saw and acquired 6 sats and GPS state became valid. Something definitely not right here.

I also noticed that if I have a GPS fix (as confirmed by google maps) and then switch apps, I lose GPS fix and map location when I go back to maps. Is this normal?
A side issue, I turned on GPS via the stock power widget but the power status in the pull down notification bar showed off. With GPS on and the notification icon showing off, if I touch the notification power for GPS, it turns it off in the power widget... looks like the notification power switches are not accurately updating.

Upvote 0
I flashed RLS 5 and really like it except for one thing - when opening about half of my apps, I get an odd effect as though a blank black notification bar was quickly lowering and raising again. Anybody else seeing this? It's particularly annoying in K9 Mail. (Yes, I did a complete wipe and didn't restore any system data.)

Anybody else get the themed LaucherPro to flash properly? I even tried flashing it immediately after flashing the ROM, before restoring anything, and still couldn't see it in the app drawer or my applications list in Settings.

Upvote 0
I had a bunch of odd little things happen with RLS5. The included ziggy kernel didn't seem to run smooth and when I flashed HeyitLou #6 I got bootloops. I got incredikernel to work, but then i had odd things like a short cut to txt my wife went into the thread of the last person I had texted as opposed to hers. I did have gps working.
Overall I was uncomfortable with all the little hiccups i was experiencing and those i read other were having. Finally went back to RLS4 and Lous #6.
Anyone have any ideas on why so many problems with RLS5 and how updates are coming long? I really love warm twopointtwo and plan to stick with it.

Upvote 0
So RLS4 has fewer bugs? Maybe I should try it (edited to add: If only I could find it - anybody know where to d/l it?). I just updated to 5.3 today and it has the same windowshade-like effect as 5.0 (I know it's not my apps, since I saw it on the stock apps before restoring anything). I am also noticing that Beautiful Widgets doesn't play too nicely with it somehow, although it does work.

I may just go back to Virtuous for a while - it's bland but trouble-free. If only I could figure out how to get the flat notification bar there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones