• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][SAP] BACKside CM7.2 [PORT]

Hi All,
Going to give this ROM a try but for some reason I can't boot into recovery, feeling dumb. Been running Joneidy's Sense 2.2.1 Rom for about a year. I know how I'm supposed to boot into recovery but the phone just restarts. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks to all for your hard work.

Tom

Unplug USB chord. How are you entering recovery? The key combo or from the phone??

Upvote 0
Unplug USB chord. How are you entering recovery? The key combo or from the phone??

Hi Sammy,
Thanks for the reply. I have an app named Quick Boot which gives me a recovery option but phone just rebooted. I tried again and I'm installing now.
It's stuck at an open box with an arrow and the droid guy...assuming it's installing now. I'll wait it out.
Thanks again and I'm sure I'll have some follow up questions.

Cheers...Tom

Upvote 0
Hi Sammy,
Thanks for the reply. I have an app named Quick Boot which gives me a recovery option but phone just rebooted. I tried again and I'm installing now.
It's stuck at an open box with an arrow and the droid guy...assuming it's installing now. I'll wait it out.
Thanks again and I'm sure I'll have some follow up questions.

Cheers...Tom
Ummmmmmmm, idk how you got the Sense ROM installed, because that doesn't sound like you have custom recovery installed....

Upvote 0
It's stuck at an open white box with a yellow arrow pointing toward the droid guy...been there for a while............what should I do?

OK...removed and replaced the battery and it's booted up to your ROM. I guess I'll flash Gapps and install Titanium backup and see what I can restore. At first glance it looks pretty cool ..lots to learn.

Thank you again........Tom

Upvote 0
Hi Sammy,
Thanks for your feedback and I'm up and running and everything looks very cool. I can't figure how to connect USB for file sharing to and from my computer. Used to give me a choice whenever I plugged in the USB cable. Can't figure out what I need to do.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you again..........Tom

Upvote 0
Hi Sammy,
Thanks for your feedback and I'm up and running and everything looks very cool. I can't figure how to connect USB for file sharing to and from my computer. Used to give me a choice whenever I plugged in the USB cable. Can't figure out what I need to do.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you again..........Tom

Make sure your using the original cable....this usually is the problem.

Upvote 0
Android Debugging is. Don't see USB debugging.

same thing.

Which recovery are you using to flash backside?

Thanks again for the reply. Not sure what you mean by "flash backside". I think I installed "recovery-thunderc-m-v1.2.0-GNM.img" before I flashed joneidy's sense rom before this rom. I'm a noob and don't know much more.

Tom

Upvote 0
Thanks again for the reply. Not sure what you mean by "flash backside". I think I installed "recovery-thunderc-m-v1.2.0-GNM.img" before I flashed joneidy's sense rom before this rom. I'm a noob and don't know much more.

Tom

Okay I improvised and used the terminal: su and fix_permissions and rebooted

Still can't be seen in the computer although it is charging the phone. Debugging is on in the phone but I can't add or swap files with the USB.
Do I need something else on my computer for this ROM?

Any other thoughts? All are appreciated!
Tom

Upvote 0
Okay I improvised and used the terminal: su and fix_permissions and rebooted

Still can't be seen in the computer although it is charging the phone. Debugging is on in the phone but I can't add or swap files with the USB.
Do I need something else on my computer for this ROM?

Any other thoughts? All are appreciated!
Tom
Did you ever install the Optimus M USB drivers???

Reactions: odatkid
Upvote 0
I recently "upgraded" from a HTC Wildfire S back to this LG Optimus M. Really glad I did, too. I hated the HTC.

Start by saying nice port, sammyz.

Anyway, I have the same USB mass storage issue. Cannot be seen by any computer I plug it into. No big deal, I have a MicroSD USB adaptor. Works great that way. (Drivers are installed on all my computers. Using original cord. USB mass storage works on any other ROM.)

Also, was reading through this thread and saw that these damn phones still have a reboot issue. This is the 4th Optimus M I've owned, and this one doesn't reboot at all. I got lucky this time.

Upvote 0
Did you ever install the Optimus M USB drivers???
Thanks Sammy, I reinstalled Win 7 from an image I had made a few months ago and it appears the LG USB drivers were not installed but it didn't matter with the sense rom. I reinstalled the LG USB drivers after your reply and still no luck. As Bob indicated, I can also use a micro SD card adapter for my computer even though it's an obvious pain.
If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks again....Tom

UPDATE: "LG Android USB Device" shows up in the device manager but says no drivers have been installed for this device. Tried to update (Couldn't) and also navigated to the LG USB driver software folder I just installed....and no luck, still doesn't see it. Frustrating.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: "LG Android USB Device" shows up in the device manager but says no drivers have been installed for this device. Tried to update (Couldn't) and also navigated to the LG USB driver software folder I just installed....and no luck, still doesn't see it. Frustrating.

Same thing happens here. Not sure what's up.

Update: phone wont list in ADB either. Mounts fine in Debian.

Upvote 0
Same thing happens here. Not sure what's up.

Update: phone wont list in ADB either. Mounts fine in Debian.
Thanks Bob...I had been using on my Win 7 pro machine all along and after your post I installed the USB drivers on an XP machine ...still no dice. I have a Mac Mini power PC G4 I'll try it on tomorrow, just out of curiosity. If you figure it out let me know.

Thanks....Tom

Upvote 0
Thanks Sammy, I reinstalled Win 7 from an image I had made a few months ago and it appears the LG USB drivers were not installed but it didn't matter with the sense rom. I reinstalled the LG USB drivers after your reply and still no luck. As Bob indicated, I can also use a micro SD card adapter for my computer even though it's an obvious pain.
If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks again....Tom

Where did you get the drivers from?? They either weren't correct or you did not install them properly...

Upvote 0
Where did you get the drivers from?? They either weren't correct or you did not install them properly...

I have the same issue Sammy, and my drivers came straight from the LG website.

Thanks Guys,
Here are the file names that I installed:

[ LGWindowsMobile_USBDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0]

didn't work so then I added:

[LGSmartPhone_ModemlinkDUNDrive_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0]

and still nothing. Let me say that I think this a great ROM and everything else works as it should. Unfortunate blip...makes me think that there's some simple setting on the phone that I may not be aware of.

Open to any suggestions.....would be nice to fix, but love the ROM anyway.

Ciao.....Tom

Upvote 0
What's your computer operating system?

Sometimes win7 gives problems with drivers. But considering you used to be able to do it and not now that is fairly odd.

Check in the windows devices and see what shows up as the driver there when its plugged in or if there's a little question mark.

In the notification bar when you plug the phone in does it say both USB connected and android debugging connected

Upvote 0
What's your computer operating system?

Sometimes win7 gives problems with drivers. But considering you used to be able to do it and not now that is fairly odd.

Check in the windows devices and see what shows up as the driver there when its plugged in or if there's a little question mark.

In the notification bar when you plug the phone in does it say both USB connected and android debugging connected

Thanks for your reply,
I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit and I thought the most puzzling thing was that I was able to connect USB seamlessly to this computer with this phone when it was new from Metro and with Joneidy's Sense Rom.
However, what's even more puzzling is that when I connect the phone to a Mac Mini it connects seamlessly and I never installed LG's drivers there. It does not connect to either Win7 pro (used to) or XP, but does connect to Mac OSX G4 pre-Intel. :thinking:
In the notification bar when I plug the phone into Win7 nothing happens, In the notification bar when I plug the phone into the Mac it says both USB connected and android debugging connected. My Win7 machine is the one I use 98% of the time which is why I'd like to resolve this if I can.

Thanks again..........Tom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones