• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] UD 2.5.0 Ready For Download

Any chance of UD getting a quick update to Froyo 2.2.2? Namely to resolve the SMS issue regarding unintended recipients?

I never believed the rumored SMS routing issue until it actually happened to me last weekend. A text intended for a friend went to my ex instead. :( It was awkward considering I haven't talked to her for nearly 2 months prior!

LOL, I bet you erased her number quick!!! I haven't had it happen when sending a message that I know of but I have gotten a few texts from strangers lately.

Upvote 0
Old thread, I know, but here goes nothing...

We have 3 OG Droids, all running UD 2.5 since our Droids don't take Gingerbread well. But my Darling Bride's Droid has an issue that neither of the other two have:

Every time she ends a call, a prompt comes up that says "Add to Blacklist" and a Yes or No response. It drives her nutty, and it's driving me pretty close to that trying to figure out WHY hers is the only phone that does it.

I have looked until I'm tired looking for any setting, any where, that might disable the "Add to Blacklist" prompt and, for the life of me, I have NO IDEA how to remove this stupid thing.

Any ideas out there? :thinking:

Upvote 0
When End Call is held down, instead of just tapped, that prompt comes up.

Sure does! I finally got her delicate fingers trained to TAP the End Call button instead of PRESS it... and the prompt no longer shows up. Must be one of those "undocumented features" :p

Anyway, good catch, mystery solved, THANK YOU!

Upvote 0
Is it pretty safe to flash to this version yet? And the link is broken... Any new links?
The drama continues. As far as I can tell it looks like BlackDroid took all his toys and went home. Over @ droidforums.net where he had somewhat of a home (twice), they say he hasn't been heard from for a few months (there's even a pretty angry thread there, now closed) and now his own website (the url for which has changed at least three times I know of) is down and out.

I was never much of a fan because I read soo many posts by ppl having a hard time getting these rom's going, but I did save a couple of his old rom's in my collection.

good luck

Upvote 0
The drama continues. As far as I can tell it looks like BlackDroid took all his toys and went home. Over @ droidforums.net where he had somewhat of a home (twice), they say he hasn't been heard from for a few months (there's even a pretty angry thread there, now closed) and now his own website (the url for which has changed at least three times I know of) is down and out.

I was never much of a fan because I read soo many posts by ppl having a hard time getting these rom's going, but I did save a couple of his old rom's in my collection.

good luck

The last I heard, his house was hot hard by the storms a few months ago. I only hope he is ok.

With that said, there are plenty of gingerbread roms available and droid concepts, a froyo rom.

Lets not rip on blackdroid as he did a great job while he was coding...

Kratos

Upvote 0
I think most of us are starting to have Droid problems, G. It's almost as if there's a self-destruct chip in them designed to wreak havoc at about the 20-month mark! My Droid is getting "senile", others are breaking... now yours is acting up.

September can't get here fast enough, I tell ya, so I can hopefully retire the old girl for good.

I wish I could answer your question about the Froyo ROMS, but I have 3 Droids all with UD2.5 on them for the very reason that, IMHO, it's the best Froyo ROM out there.

Upvote 0
Pardon my ignorance here, but I always took it that UD 2.5 was the most stable of the Froyo ROMS.

Is there one that's even more stable/less buggy than UD?

I ask because I've been running UD2.5 on my OG Droid since January and have been having problems with it lately. The reason I chose it was because I wanted something that was rock solid.

Check out Droid Concepts. I loved it!

Kratos

Upvote 0
Check out Droid Concepts. I loved it!

Kratos

For some reason, I can't get Droid Concepts to work. I have tried numerous times and it is the ONLY FROYO ROM to not work for me.:mad:

I either get tons of FC's, freezes or I can't move any apps to SD card. Very weird.

Tried numerous kernels, fixed permissions, etc.

I think, as someone mentioned above, my OG Droid is on its last legs. But it is odd other FROYO ROM's are working well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones