• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

nsciucco

Android Expert
Mar 1, 2012
MASSACHUSETTS
This is my proudest work as as This is a stripped down SENSELESS/ BAREBONES ROM. Thats the only way I roll. I hate bloatware and unnecessary apps. Please enjoy the ROM.
Big thanks to MOBSTERGUNZ.I have built off his ROM.

And a huge thanks to NEGAMAN303. He helped me tremendously on the latest build. My PC went down and I couldnt of done it without him. Thanks Brother.. . Thank you for all your hard work. " Enjoy being unSENSEable"

NOW FEATURING BUTTERED TOAST KERNEL

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK- THANK ME AND RATE IT 5 STARS

Testimonials

I've had Android phones for years. Never rooted a single one. I couldn't justify the hassle if my phone did "everything" I wanted it to do already... What a fool I've been. I decided to take the plunge and mod my V, and chose this ROM to experiment. I've certainly caught "root-fever", but honestly don't think I'll be flashing anything else to this phone. This ROM is PERFECT for me...

holysh*t this rommmm is awesomeeeee

Best ROM I've used so far. I'm a real Sense-hater so this is a dream come true. Thanks so much for your hard work.

I wanted to thank the OP for dedicating his time to make our phones go beyond imagination. This rom is just smooth and powerful.

I am new to all this rom changes; I was able to Unlock, Root and S-OFF and now, I'm enjoying the top ROM out there. I wanted to thank everyone involved in the making of this possible.

Thank you.

I'm loving this ROM. Great battery life.
Testing out this ROM for the last few hours and holy cow is it smooooooooth!!! I have a ton of apps, including a bunch of battery hogging social media apps that sync regularly and plus gmail and Touchdown for my corporate email and am still at about 97% since I unplugged over 3 hours ago. I don't think that I've had GoLauncher run so smoothly at stock speeds before. Awesome job on this ROM so far!

Wow, what an amazing ROM! I've been using Mobster ROM since I got my phone because it was mostly senseless, but this takes it to the next level! I've been using this ROM for 2 days and I'm pretty much set on not going back. The battery life is great, Its senseless, and the speed is outstanding! This is a great build keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing updates!

Everything seems to work fine . It seems very smooth. And small download too. Great Job!!

Hey great ROM and thank you for all your hard work.
Thanks

I have been trying this room since yesterday using it very heavy. the system runs amazingly smooth and the battery life is incredible. gave me 10 hours to 50% on heavy texting and web browsing. will try now using it with only one core enabled to see the difference. Good Job. !
...... perfect so far.

So far I'm loving this ROM. I'm already tired of Midnight and it looking stock.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot_2013-02-24-00-46-29_zps478342e5.png

Screenshot_2013-02-14-12-50-01_zpsaa4f5f60.png

Screenshot_2013-02-14-11-25-45_zps5e715a90.png

Data backups will not work if you are coming from my other ROM. But in the future if you want to save your data and restore it will work fine for future updates

Installation Instructions:
-Must be S-OFF or use 4EXT with smarthflash enabled

1- Format all partitions(except SD card)
2- Install /unSENSEable
3- Reboot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD- [URL=http://d-h.st/O7U]unSENSEable_V_2.1.zip - 317.88 MB[/URL]

What are you waiting for???? ..Download and Flash!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rom Features:

SENSELESS
Android Version 4.0.4
Project Mobster
Google Now
now deodexed
dalvik tweaks to build.prop
sysctl and a few small other tweaks added to post_boot/sysctl.conf
enabled init.d
updated to newer xloud version
cleaned up /system/bin
added gps quick-fix tweak
Added playstation store support
Added a couple small libs
Rooted
Busybox
HD Audio
Sound Boosted
Custom AOSP Theme
Android 4.2 Keyboard-With Swype
Android 4.2 Gmail
AOSP JB browser
Adobe Flash Player
Sony Bravia Engine
Sony Clearbass Engine
Sony xLoud Engine
Beats Audio
Dolby Mobile
Dimmed Capacitive Buttons
Data / Streaming Tweaks
Performance Tweaks
Battery Tweaks
Ram Tweaks
4G Tweaks
True Dual-Core
Updated Adreno Libs
GPU / EGL / 3D Tweaks
Camera/Camcorder/FFC Tweaks
Video Player Tweaks
HD/Screen Off YouTube
Kernel Tuner
ES File Explorer
and MORE !!!!

CHANGELOG:
---------------------------------------
V 2.1
Speed increase-even more responsive
Quicker shutdown time
Quicker restart time
Tweaked system lib files.
Deleted more unnecessary files
Deleted kernel tuner
only 317 MB!!

--------------------------------------------------------

V 2.0

ButteredToast Kernel included! - Big Thanks to bigwillyg/Chad Goodman
now deodexed
updated Google Now
dalvik tweaks to build.prop
sysctl and a few small other tweaks added to post_boot/sysctl.conf
enabled init.d
updated to newer xloud version
cleaned up /system/bin
added gps quick-fix tweak
Added playstation store support
Added a couple small libs
fixed HDMI out

-------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.4.1

REMOVED FILE THAT WAS MESSING WITH INSTALL FOR SOME PEOPLE
TRIMMED EVEN SMALLER 343MB

--------------------------------------
V1.4

FIXED 4G.
MINOR TWEAKS AND BUG FIXES
V1.3

NEW KERNEL. NOW OVERCLOCKING!! ---- BIG THANKS TO JMZ FOR LETTING ME USE HIS KERNEL ( make sure to thank him !!
TWEAKED THEME
NEW BOOT ANIMATION
TRIMMED ROM EVEN SMALLER

V1.2

- FIXED RINGTONES NOT STICKING
-ADDED NEW BASE( Mobster Rom HD Lite)
-FIXED MMS ISSUES
-SPEED INCREASE
-SHRUNK EVEN SMALLER -only 341 MB!!!!
-NEW THEME.. Thanks to lex_is300 from XDA. Go thank him. http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3275893
V1.1-
CHANGED THEME
ADDED ES FILE EXPLORER
ADDED KERNEL TUNER
FIXED CONTACTS FC ISSUE
TRIMMED ROM DOWN TO ONLY 373MB!!!

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE WHILE USING THIS ROM NOR WILL I PROVIDE ANY SUPPORT IF YOU FLASH OTHER KERNELS Except Power Kernel

Does the 3D camera work?

Yes.
All camera functions work.
I have a fix for the contacts. And the custom carrier label. Doesn't work. I've never had that work on any rom. .nothing on my end. And just use the fix for the weather lockscreen that I posted a while back. The reason I kept the HTC lockscreen is because the AOSP Lockscreen requires you to unlock it to answer a call.

Upvote 0
Just realized. I forgot a few apps. .. ES File explorer. And Kernel tuner. Will do tomorrow.

Don't fall into this habit like so many other people do of loading your rom up with your picked and chosen "bloatware".

People can easily download and install ES File Explorer, Kernel Tuner, or anything else freely available.

All you're doing is forcing yourself to keep the file versions up to date and increasing the overall size of the rom you're distributing.

Upvote 0
Don't fall into this habit like so many other people do of loading your rom up with your picked and chosen "bloatware".

People can easily download and install ES File Explorer, Kernel Tuner, or anything else freely available.

All you're doing is forcing yourself to keep the file versions up to date and increasing the overall size of the rom you're distributing.

I dont feel like ES file explorer or Kernel Tuner are bloatware
I wont be adding anything else.

Upvote 0
Any chance you could list what has changed in the updates? I usually only update if there is a reason to. I already have ES file and Kernel Tuner.

Also. How do the "toggles" work? Where do i find them?

Liking this ROM alot!

V1.1-
CHANGED THEME
ADDED ES FILE EXPLORER
ADDED KERNEL TUNER
TRIMMED ROM DOWN TO ONLY 373MB!!!

Not sure about the Toggles. Still learning

Reactions: skarni
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones