• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

Just installed the rom since I've been using Mobster's but am not a huge fan of Sense. Great work! Looking forward to seeing how it performs and how well the battery holds up in the next few days.

One quick question, is there a way to disable the flip animation in menus? It's a bit abrasive to me but not a huge deal.

Go to developer options and shut the animations off.

Reactions: ochenta
Upvote 0
Liking the battery life.

Screenshot_2012-10-28-05-55-52.jpg

Edit: Though I bought Juice Defender Plus and had to use it on my Triumph, and most previous ROMs on Evo, I am not using it on this ROM.

Upvote 0
"That's just titanium. It looks to lag. The pro version seems to work better. I'm glad you like it"

Nah, I got the pro version, have used TiBu a ton on my NookTab and now when flashing ROMs with this phone. I've flashed 4 ROMs total, restore >50 apps every time and this is the only ROM so far that I had any trouble batch restoring. Never the less, I love this ROM and will keep is as my daily driver until a stable JB ROM emerges.

Upvote 0
I have been trying this room since yesterday using it very heavy. the system runs amazingly smooth and the battery life is incredible. gave me 10 hours to 50% on heavy texting and web browsing. will try now using it with only one core enabled to see the difference. Good Job. !

Also, i didnt liked the gmail app to be with the "black theme" so i just uninstalled using titanium and re-installed from the play store to get the stock look. everything else running perfect so far.

Reactions: nsciucco
Upvote 0
One day ! and till on 50%? Impressive ! What are your settings?

That was the first 36 hours of using the ROM. I had made no changes to anything, but no auto sync for anything. I only made 6-8 phone calls for total of 30 minutes, a dozen texts, and only used Maps a couple of times for maybe total of 5-10 min. I did use BBC news app and did do my bible reading (15 min screen on). I did have 4G turned off.
I used 4G today, and it really pulls power as I was in a fringe area.
The ROM seems to go to sleep mode easily, yet responds quickly to wake with call or text.

CPUs were stock at 1188000 (min384000)and governor: ondemand , scheduler: deadline

Reactions: generek and mnmleko
Upvote 0
That was the first 36 hours of using the ROM. I had made no changes to anything, but no auto sync for anything. I only made 6-8 phone calls for total of 30 minutes, a dozen texts, and only used Maps a couple of times for maybe total of 5-10 min. I did use BBC news app and did do my bible reading (15 min screen on). I did have 4G turned off.
I used 4G today, and it really pulls power as I was in a fringe area.
The ROM seems to go to sleep mode easily, yet responds quickly to wake with call or text.

CPUs were stock at 1188000 (min384000)and governor: ondemand , scheduler: deadline
Thank you good to know. im playing around using only one core to see the difference. still seems the same as if using dual-core. but again, i use my phone a lot constantly with the screen one reading etc.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add another data point for battery life. After 14 hours on (maybe 4 hours with screen turned on) I'm at 32% battery, pretty comparable to Mobsterz original rom for me. This is still my favorite rom even if the battery isn't too much better on my phone.
We are in the same boat. 10+ hours is the most i get of heavy usage of the phone.

Upvote 0
A quick question: I really like the music controls appearing on the lockscreen (I'm using the AOSP Lockscreen from LeeDroid Tweaks). But it seems to come and go as it pleases, regardless of if I'm listening to music or not. Any way to keep it on the lockscreen at all times? Not specific to this ROM, I've noticed it elsewhere as well.

Upvote 0
Ok sounds good to me. One last question.

I can't seem to send or receive MMS I keep getting an error.

I tried it using no wifi or 4g, then just wifi on, and then with 4g on and i get sending errors and receiving errors.

I know ICS you can't use Back Up and Restore to reinstall APNs. Am I missing an installation of a script somewhere?

Should I try re-installing the ROM?

Thanks a mill again for helping me out

I just noticed the same thing. i cant send or receive MMS for some reason.

Edit: Also, when trying to send an MMS. it doesnt matter if im on wifi or 4G but 3G connection always turn on.

Edit 2: called Virgin Mobile and they are making "upgrades/modifications" to the network. So i guess thats the reason of the mms not working.

Upvote 0
I just noticed the same thing. i cant send or receive MMS for some reason.
Edit: Also, when trying to send an MMS. it doesnt matter if im on wifi or 4G but 3G connection always turn on.
This is a virgin mobile issue. I have tried 4 different ROMS with all the same results. Im sure they will fix it soon

I called and said they were doing some modifications to the network. Should be resolved shortly

Reactions: Prinny
Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with them and got the same answer.
Thanks man.

I was going nuts trying to fix it. Its a relief to get off the phone with them and have them tell me its a network issue. Nothing worse for a up and coming developer to think you are doing something wrong
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also . What do you guys think of including a overclock kernel in the next update?

OH btw I hope their new "modifications" dont allow them to keep track of our data usage. As of now they cant seem to track our data usage.. which means no throttiling

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones